Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Check out these non driving homo's!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 03:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a little messed up bashing the whole country just because of 2 guys, they did bash the vette alot, but would you honestly expect them to admit it is equal to or better than a car of that region? it just wouldnt happen, and yea both of them were being douch's but bashing the whole country is messed up, thats where im from and i love my country just like you love yours, so please if you think those guys are *******, which they seem to be, fair enough, but stick with them, that just hits home for me, ok im done
ill agree there, but come on, an NSX takes a C6?!? Riiiiiight
Old 09-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Teching In

ok they just called us the colonies, when we could stomp that island into the ground in 3 hours and some change. that none driving brit bastard needs to put some one behind the wheel of that vett that can actually drive and we'll see how that corvette really does!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DrBlueSS
Bloody hell! A couple of mincer TV presenters cast some misinformed dispersions on the C6 so the whole UK has to be nuked! It's good to see that the global perception of Americans as ignorant, xenophobic ******** isn't being reinforced here.
So its not alright that we can joke around too? Seems like they can give it, but not take it.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Jeez, you should listen to yourselves. Most of you sound just like the stereo type we have of Americans.

I've been watching top gear for some time and I reckon they give all the cars tested a reasonably fair go. I've seen them regularly give the cars coming from Mercedes and other european manufacturers a good dressing down.

The show is all about cars as they roll off the show room floor and that's how they are tested. Saying you could mod your vette to blow the doors off those others is fine but the others could be modded as well. testing them showroom stock levels the playing field.

I think you are just getting all upset because they criticized your automotive national symbol. Remember to them it's just a car.

I don't think they are biased against american cars or non european cars. I think in many ways they liked the Corvette. They gave our Holden Monaro a good rap and made a big deal of how it used the same motor as the Corvette.

Cam, your a Dick. We don't want to be America. I for one am very happy to be an Australian as is the rest of my nation. Some of our leaders may want to hump your Presidents leg but since when have our countries leaders been interested in what their people want.

Cheers

Mike
Old 09-21-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1 Cobra
Jeez, you should listen to yourselves. Most of you sound just like the stereo type we have of Americans.

I've been watching top gear for some time and I reckon they give all the cars tested a reasonably fair go. I've seen them regularly give the cars coming from Mercedes and other european manufacturers a good dressing down.

The show is all about cars as they roll off the show room floor and that's how they are tested. Saying you could mod your vette to blow the doors off those others is fine but the others could be modded as well. testing them showroom stock levels the playing field.

I think you are just getting all upset because they criticized your automotive national symbol. Remember to them it's just a car.

I don't think they are biased against american cars or non european cars. I think in many ways they liked the Corvette. They gave our Holden Monaro a good rap and made a big deal of how it used the same motor as the Corvette.

Cam, your a Dick. We don't want to be America. I for one am very happy to be an Australian as is the rest of my nation. Some of our leaders may want to hump your Presidents leg but since when have our countries leaders been interested in what their people want.

Cheers

Mike

The review as a whole was terreble. And worst off all they had to lie to make the car look bad. The "plastic" center counsol is actually alluminum, and as for the rest of the "plastic" -"The instrument panel and doors are covered with cast-skin foam-in-place trim that is soft to the touch with low gloss to minimize glare.- Aluminum trim plates with a woven-type tactile surface add richness and emphasize features. "
Another little fib they told was about the "hard" shifter. While the Telegraph tells us the shifter was "fingertip light." Hmmm sounds a little fishy...

If you really have watched top gear then you sure have noticed that they strongly favor british cars, a coincidence maybe? Not quite, everyone knows their one of the most down right biased "jounralists" on the planet, if you even want to call them that. Hell, Clarkson wouldnt even admit that the "low tech" leafsprings worked really well. Typical Brit, cant admit defeat.

Something else they forgot to mention in the review was that the C6 they tested was the MSRC, not the Z51 model. Now what kind of times do you think that car would run? Ill tell you this it would atleast beat the mosr expencive Noble...

As for Cams comment, most people think that others are jealous of America because of what they say and how they say it. They can never admit we do anything right, somethings always "not as good" as theirs. This really portays jealously and i sometimes believe it too.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:10 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

absolutely despicable. and people wonder why americans have such a big automotive chip on their shoulder. there is absolutely no reason that the corvette should have lost the straight liner, and if the douche bag driving the road course had actually known how to drive it would've done much better. He couldnt brake for **** either. maybe that helmet shield was opaque??

though I am a bit disappointed at the drivetrain loss of the C6 especially in relation to the late F-bodies.....

but still, **** that. totally ridiculous, worse than farenheit 911.

TVR
Porsche
Honda

and O MY GOD ******* MITSUBISHI

and LS1 COBRA buddy you are barking up the wrong tree.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Launching!

HORSESHIT!!! I think that little ******, needs to practice handling american Muscle!! Is it too late to take them out? That brit is such a weak ***, and that TVR . I wouldnt own that pos if i was paid... or wait a minute id own it until i was paid and trade it in for that vette!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pinoyracer_18
HORSESHIT!!! I think that little ******, needs to practice handling american Muscle!! Is it too late to take them out? That brit is such a weak ***, and that TVR . I wouldnt own that pos if i was paid... or wait a minute id own it until i was paid and trade it in for that vette!!!
Lack of intelligence of this sort only strengthens whatever stereotype they may have about US people.

1. TVR is the shitness...name ONE car they made that is NOT a sportscar, if you're a car enthusiast you kinda have to respect cars like the SPEED 12. research.

2. You all know they did test the GTO (monaro) with the LS1 and it was praised on that show not to mention got a pretty decent Lap time...so they cna drive a ls1 car fine but can't lap a C6 well?

3. And if they can't drive, then DAMN, imagine what times they'd get with the lancer if they could. Also the PROFESSIONAL driver who does ALL the lap times seemed to handle the FORD GT, Murcielago and Carerra GT just fine.....

4. The Drag race was horrible indeed, I'm thinking it may have been a joke. I expect the NSx to launch well, but thats about it. IT was the Nsx-R but still no chance in hell. The TVR was expected to win though.

5. Chile (!) has nuclear wepons, the world had enough power to destroy itself 15 years ago, no one cares who does what to what country (on a car forum ,really), specially when for all you know you share great great great great great grandparents.

"they fucked up a drag race so their country stinks and i'm MAD, bohoo"
Old 09-23-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Excal
1. TVR is the shitness...name ONE car they made that is NOT a sportscar, if you're a car enthusiast you kinda have to respect cars like the SPEED 12. research.
Just because TVR makes only sports cars doesnt automatically make them a good company. They have major reliability issues, and the TVR that the C6 beat on the track didnt have half the luxuries that the C6 does... BTW how much can i get a Speed 12 for :roll eyes:
2. You all know they did test the GTO (monaro) with the LS1 and it was praised on that show not to mention got a pretty decent Lap time...so they cna drive a ls1 car fine but can't lap a C6 well?
A 4000lbs sports coupe with 350hp and 370ft-lbs of torque is going to drive different than a 3100lbs 400hp/400ft-lbs of torque sports car. Actually the car was bashed pretty bad, but in the end he said that it was fun. I also heard that they were complaining about the fact that it shares its engine with the Vette.
3. And if they can't drive, then DAMN, imagine what times they'd get with the lancer if they could. Also the PROFESSIONAL driver who does ALL the lap times seemed to handle the FORD GT, Murcielago and Carerra GT just fine.....
Did you actually watch the video? They went off the friggen course atleast 2 times, and were powersliding through every turn, not exaclty something thats going to get you good lap times.
4. The Drag race was horrible indeed, I'm thinking it may have been a joke. I expect the NSx to launch well, but thats about it. IT was the Nsx-R but still no chance in hell. The TVR was expected to win though.
It wasnt an NSX-R, and the other 3 cars had proffessional drivers, while the C6 had the little ****.
5. Chile (!) has nuclear wepons, the world had enough power to destroy itself 15 years ago, no one cares who does what to what country (on a car forum ,really), specially when for all you know you share great great great great great grandparents.
take a joke, its just not the time to be insaulting the American people thats all.
"they fucked up a drag race so their country stinks and i'm MAD, bohoo"
They did a little more than screw up the drag race. In a CAR REVIEW, they had to poke fun at the COUNTRY it came from, very proffessional. The lied about the interior materials, and had to complain about the shifter that was said to be "fingertip light" by the Telegraph. They also drove the C6 like they were drunk, and then made fun of the "low tech" leafsprings althoug the C6 ran just as fast as the $20K more Noble, and it wasnt even the Z51 model. If your ever talking on any other forums youll notice that this kind of crap gives the vette a bad name, as well as the american people.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old Suspension and Cheap Plastic

I have loved the corvette ever since I knew what one was, but was there anything in the video that the man lied about.

The Corvette, other than the aluminum suspension does indeed use leaf springs, and that is what they were using on chariots.

And the plastic in the Corvette is indeed cheap, compared to the Eurpoean cars of the likes or Porsche, and Lotus.

GM wants to play on the world front buy clearly has not stepped up the plate yet.

C6, Great Design, Great Weight, Great power,

**** Poor Interior again (Lots of Cheap Plastics), I have seen a C6 in person.
**** Poor Suspension (Leaf Springs from the dark ages)
Did any one watch the video, the corvette was all over the place.
Granted the driver may not have been familer with the car, as he might have been with others, but it was still all over the place.

If you want to better understand where there arogant *** is coming from, go to a porsche dealer and sit in a 911. You don't even have to drive it. For the amount of money that GM charges for the Corvette, $42000, base, at a cost to them for probably under $15000. No more than 20000, GM needs to step it up. Even if they had to raise the price for the bean counters, every time I get in a 1984-2004 Corvette,especially one with miles on it, I am reminded of how cheap it looks. There is nothing classy about it.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
The Corvette, other than the aluminum suspension does indeed use leaf springs, and that is what they were using on chariots.
Very true, but did you see the times the vette made? It beat and kept up with cars double its price tag.
And the plastic in the Corvette is indeed cheap, compared to the Eurpoean cars of the likes or Porsche, and Lotus.
Yes, cheap compared to cars double and tripple its price tag. Lotus? Have you ever been in a lotus? What about the Elise? Talk about cheap engineering, i would be afraid the car was going to fall apart under me.
**** Poor Suspension (Leaf Springs from the dark ages)
Did any one watch the video, the corvette was all over the place.
Granted the driver may not have been familer with the car, as he might have been with others, but it was still all over the place.
Its better than the C5s, and i wouldnt call it **** poor, just still needs a little work. And the suspension is genious, somehow this "old tech chariot" suspension is abling the Corvette to pull more Gs and better slalom speeds than cars with coils, and for less money.
If you want to better understand where there arogant *** is coming from, go to a porsche dealer and sit in a 911. You don't even have to drive it. For the amount of money that GM charges for the Corvette, $42000, base, at a cost to them for probably under $15000. No more than 20000, GM needs to step it up. Even if they had to raise the price for the bean counters, every time I get in a 1984-2004 Corvette,especially one with miles on it, I am reminded of how cheap it looks. There is nothing classy about it.
Then look at the price tag, you could get a C6 Z51, waste the porche on the track, and then mod it with the 20K you saved and waste cars well over 100K. I personally dont mind the interior of the C5, as long as it holds together while im pulling 1.00 Gs on the skid pad
Old 09-30-2004, 04:51 AM
On The Tree

jd amg, you share the EXACT views as me, it's awesome.
the whole drag race was not fair at all. period. the cars were at least 20k more. and i agree with whoever said i doubt they will do the same segment with the future z06. but do u expect a country to admit and say america came out with a better car?? nope
also if anybody can tell me what point that *** pushing on the back of the corvette was trying to prove, tell me, please.... what? more glue?

look at the segment where the dude was pushing in the plastic part on the back. half the people weren't laughing at the jokes, look in the background. they just have that look on their faces like "wow, i want one"

i say we should find dave chapelle's address or something, give them a taste of their own medicine

Last edited by jaljohn; 09-30-2004 at 05:01 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jaljohn
jd amg, you share the EXACT views as me, it's awesome.
the whole drag race was not fair at all. period. the cars were at least 20k more. and i agree with whoever said i doubt they will do the same segment with the future z06. but do u expect a country to admit and say america came out with a better car?? nope
also if anybody can tell me what point that *** pushing on the back of the corvette was trying to prove, tell me, please.... what? more glue?

look at the segment where the dude was pushing in the plastic part on the back. half the people weren't laughing at the jokes, look in the background. they just have that look on their faces like "wow, i want one"

i say we should find dave chapelle's address or something, give them a taste of their own medicine
haha, good to hear that.
The whole thing with the pushing on the C6s butt was they were trying to make fun of its "cheap plastic." When in reality its supposed to do that. Did anyone ever see the cobalt and C6 commercial were the Cobalt bumps the C6 like 3 times? What do you think would have happened if that were a steel rear end? Dent, dent dent. On top of that, next time your by a 360moden give its butt a little squeeze, youll find that Ferrari did the same thing GM did.
Ha, i was actually thiking about chepelle after i watched the video, hahah, what he could do...
Old 10-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Teching In

the c6 is faster than a tvr 350, carerra and an nsx , he cant drive
Old 10-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Teching In

hehehe I am keepin most of my comments to myself
as for the hiarchy of the UK thinking they own Canada yeah rigth I don;t give a flying **** about that island and I don;t consiter MYSELF being one of them or PART of them

This I do know the way that DOPE drove that car I would beat him in my BEING RESTORED 1989 Mercury Cougar against there so called Flaming TVR's that are so electronically unsafe it makes me cry while laughin

here is the car I will take them on in

Old 10-15-2004, 06:56 PM
14 Second Truck Club

The funny part is that as much as they dogged the Vette, it only finished 1 sec behind a Lambo Gallarado(sp) on their track test, with a bad driver. Completly biased, and like was said before- they had their mind made up how they wanted it to do from the start.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
Better interior than the $80k viper. Not to mention the viper frame even the new SRT-10 looks like it was welded in someones garage with a $200 Mig gun.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BeoWulf
hehehe I am keepin most of my comments to myself
as for the hiarchy of the UK thinking they own Canada yeah rigth I don;t give a flying **** about that island and I don;t consiter MYSELF being one of them or PART of them

This I do know the way that DOPE drove that car I would beat him in my BEING RESTORED 1989 Mercury Cougar against there so called Flaming TVR's that are so electronically unsafe it makes me cry while laughin

here is the car I will take them on in
Nice car! Exactly what I picture when I think of Ford.
What is the estimated cost of the Complete Restoration?
How long will it take?
You should definently take your time with that one.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Hey the Brits haven't been the same since 1776 they are the only people I know that could completely F-up an Acura look back to the mid eighties and talk about the British American Sterlings talk about stoopid an Ex of mine had an 827s or some sh*t like that open the hood its a honda/acura they changed the fenders on it to make it their own they should have stopped there but they decided the electronics were "bad" well the boogered that sh*t up so bad the damn thing almost killed me one day when the cruise control locked on accelerate took mee to about 150mph on I95N in Miami before I got it under control and then about a year later the damn thing burned to the ground like a FORD (inside firefighter joke..but it is true they burn like hell). They are just hatin we will allways be better give me a 50K vette and another 10-20K and I'll eat em all up and still have some money to party.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND NO PLACE ELSE.
J/K 'bout the no place else
Old 10-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firefighter
Hey the Brits haven't been the same since 1776 they are the only people I know that could completely F-up an Acura look back to the mid eighties and talk about the British American Sterlings talk about stoopid an Ex of mine had an 827s or some sh*t like that open the hood its a honda/acura they changed the fenders on it to make it their own they should have stopped there but they decided the electronics were "bad" well the boogered that sh*t up so bad the damn thing almost killed me one day when the cruise control locked on accelerate took mee to about 150mph on I95N in Miami before I got it under control and then about a year later the damn thing burned to the ground like a FORD (inside firefighter joke..but it is true they burn like hell). They are just hatin we will allways be better give me a 50K vette and another 10-20K and I'll eat em all up and still have some money to party.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND NO PLACE ELSE.
J/K 'bout the no place else

BTW, i worked county fire and USFS for several yrs (way back when). ur in good company brother.

Quick Reply: Check out these non driving homo's!