Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bro allways good to find firemen young,old,active,retired or whatever
Old 10-17-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys.. this was a base vette. And quit with the cost arguments. you guys are starting to sound like ricers. If we want supercar against supercar, throw the S7 their way and see how they deal with it. No more oh the vette is cheaper yadda yadda yadda.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i declare him douche bag of england..so who wants the first punch?
Old 10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Okay forget about the 50K base give us about 6mo and when the new 75K ZO6 comes out it'll beat all there asses!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:03 AM
Teching In

You guys! I just read your replies and been laughing my head off, what you need to understand is humour, as in english humour your beloved vet actually was quite good! but what you also have to realise is that roads over in europe are much different, your normal roads are as wide as our highways, performance cars over here have to be very precise pieces of machinery and in the end the vet is not as well suited as some of the car designed for these roads. Roads being the way they are in europe makes us more into rallying than drag racing. We dont have the lovely straight roads you guys have over there so straight line speed is not really any use to us.

In reply to some posts, the stig (name of the test driver) is an ex formula 1 driver, so those of you saying they could beat him, well, im willing to bet some serious money on that... lol

Finally, this is a dig at most of you, but reading through your posts, are you suprised that people around the world hate americans? I you really think as some of you have replied in these posts, well i feel very sorry for you guys, as you do have a power complex. respect others, and then maybe the respect will come back to you.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

Default Chill Out

Ha I like a hell of a lot about the US (and dislike a bit as well) its a free world the last I heard! This is about the CARS not the country.

Ha I even want and LS1 in MY TVR.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=134888

Oh and a T350 would murder a C6 it is 350bhp (you can get a 400bhp one as well) and <1100kg.

I woul have expected the C6 to come 2nd or maybe third on a bad day in the drag race - but Sportscars ARE about ALOT more than going in a straight line.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:34 AM
Teching In

i dont know how many of you guys on this board have been to euro i been to alot of places there and i tell you what they tow the travel treler with a 4 bager cars and they have a car that is called a "smart car" that car is the size of my hood ....lol so when you put a guy that drive that car in to a c6 thats what happin .... good bless us and the V8
Old 11-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Teching In

With the exception of a few people on here who get the point the rest of the posts on this thread are proof positive of what happens when cousins marry.

Is it any wonder the rest of the world perceives the average American to be a loudmouth? FFS over 90% of the country don't even have a passport! The sanest americans I have met are those who have travelled and I don't mean the blue rinse brigade from Florida who 'do' europe in a week, I mean those who have travelled and lived abroad (not on a military base, cossetted from the real world).

The world does NOT revolve around America and neither does the rest of the world want to be America. Does it not occur to you that the only ones who want to become american are those from poor underdeveloped countries? If you were up to your armpits in flies, cowshit and dodging bullets from the local despot's army where would you run to? A country that only accepts civilised, useful people or one where an uneducated yokel could blend right in?

Where would I rather live, Rome, Paris or Florence with their architecture and history or an average american city?

The television programme was 'tongue-in-cheek' which for the lower IQ'd ones means 'a joke'. What it's also served to do though is flush out the blinkered bigots who think culture is something you get in yoghurt.

One question before I go, what does this gibberish mean? "..they tow the travel treler with the 4 beger cars...". Is it a quote from 'Rain Man' or something?
Old 11-05-2004, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flintstone
With the exception of a few people on here who get the point the rest of the posts on this thread are proof positive of what happens when cousins marry.

Is it any wonder the rest of the world perceives the average American to be a loudmouth? FFS over 90% of the country don't even have a passport! The sanest americans I have met are those who have travelled and I don't mean the blue rinse brigade from Florida who 'do' europe in a week, I mean those who have travelled and lived abroad (not on a military base, cossetted from the real world).

The world does NOT revolve around America and neither does the rest of the world want to be America. Does it not occur to you that the only ones who want to become american are those from poor underdeveloped countries? If you were up to your armpits in flies, cowshit and dodging bullets from the local despot's army where would you run to? A country that only accepts civilised, useful people or one where an uneducated yokel could blend right in?

Where would I rather live, Rome, Paris or Florence with their architecture and history or an average american city?

The television programme was 'tongue-in-cheek' which for the lower IQ'd ones means 'a joke'. What it's also served to do though is flush out the blinkered bigots who think culture is something you get in yoghurt.

One question before I go, what does this gibberish mean? "..they tow the travel treler with the 4 beger cars...". Is it a quote from 'Rain Man' or something?
Welcome back from the stone age, Flintstone. Tell us more about America and Americans. I'm all ears. Oh, and I'd like to know more about the cities you'd like to live in.
One suggestion... find at least one other American automotive forum. Read up. Then and only then an expert on the American people will you be.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Edrummr
Welcome back from the stone age, Flintstone. Tell us more about America and Americans. I'm all ears. Oh, and I'd like to know more about the cities you'd like to live in.
One suggestion... find at least one other American automotive forum. Read up. Then and only then an expert on the American people will you be.
Why would reading another motoring forum make any difference? Would the members of those forae be any more charming, erudite, witty or broad thinking than some of those posting here? I suspect they may, they certainly couldn't be much worse.

As for some other places to live, anywhere with a veneer of civilisation deeper than Ronald McDonalds face paint would do. Oh dear, that seems to rule out most of the USA.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:47 AM
TVR
Teching In

Default Not a good day to bash the Brits

Guys. I cant believe some of the "brits are a load of limp dicked ******* who know nothing about performance cars" BS.

On a day when 3 Brit soldiers were killed fighting alongside US forces in Iraq some of the crap on here about what Brits are and arent has been unbelievable.

We have been fighting wars all around the globe for 1000's of years and this "small candy assed nation" ruled a 3rd of the globe, you think that produces a nation of geeks and wimps ?

Sure the US are the big boys now, but history should teach you that someone will replace the US and you will be the latest empire to go the same way as the Greeks, Romans, Brits.

Feel free to come over this side of the pond and shout your mouth off, there are plenty of places where you will get your sorry big mouthed *** kicked.

Next time it kicks off somewhere and you want some help, go ask someone else like the French.............

Next year Ferrari will get my support at Le Mans instead of the 'Vettes.

Maybe some of the brighter guys on here who've travelled outside of their county and managed to marry outside of their family might want to put some of their countrymen right.

A proud Brit who drives a TVR
Old 11-05-2004, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Why would reading another motoring forum make any difference?
A limey misses the sarcasm? Didn't think that the self-proclaimed inventors of humor were capable of such an undersight.

Would the members of those forae be any more charming, erudite, witty or broad thinking than some of those posting here? I suspect they may, they certainly couldn't be much worse.
...still not getting it. I'm impressed, however, with the choice of words. In a battle of wit and linguistics you have a decisive advantage. Nonetheless, you should be nice. I sense so much anger.

As for some other places to live, anywhere with a veneer of civilisation deeper than Ronald McDonalds face paint would do. Oh dear, that seems to rule out most of the USA.
Now that's funny. I knew you had it in you, heck, with all that exposure to Mr. Bean, Benny Hill, Monty Python, Ab. Fab., etc. you could have me in stitches all day.
You know, you guys are right. Sunnyvale, California just isn't doing it for me anymore. How's the weather over there? Maybe I'll move. Oh wait. You do have McDonald's don't you?
Old 11-05-2004, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TVR
Guys. I cant believe some of the "brits are a load of limp dicked ******* who know nothing about performance cars" BS.

On a day when 3 Brit soldiers were killed fighting alongside US forces in Iraq some of the crap on here about what Brits are and arent has been unbelievable.

We have been fighting wars all around the globe for 1000's of years and this "small candy assed nation" ruled a 3rd of the globe, you think that produces a nation of geeks and wimps ?

Sure the US are the big boys now, but history should teach you that someone will replace the US and you will be the latest empire to go the same way as the Greeks, Romans, Brits.

Feel free to come over this side of the pond and shout your mouth off, there are plenty of places where you will get your sorry big mouthed *** kicked.

Next time it kicks off somewhere and you want some help, go ask someone else like the French.............

Next year Ferrari will get my support at Le Mans instead of the 'Vettes.

Maybe some of the brighter guys on here who've travelled outside of their county and managed to marry outside of their family might want to put some of their countrymen right.

A proud Brit who drives a TVR

I WISH I WAS BRITISH!!!!!!

An ashamed American who doesn't drive a TVR
Old 11-05-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that had to be the most immature car review i have ever seen in my life. Next: British people "**** off" and get a tan and hit the gym, that australian jerkoff, can i roast some aussies on the barby? gday mate. jealous *****, U.S. ownz you all. "Rome, I'm out" o and p.s. at Lemans this year this corvette's will wipe the floor with the world AGAIN, just watch... TVR psshhhh...
Old 11-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Default Funniest thread ever :)

Man, I gotta laugh at this one )

Well Im a Brit, Im also from Blackpool, home town of TVR, so I got a vested interest in this one.

First off Clarkson and I presume if there was a little chirpy one around it was Hammond. Dont presume what Clarkson and Hammond say is what the rest of us think ok? Secondly off the top of my head Im not sure what the new vette does to 60 or 100, but the TVR is about 4secs flat and 9sec to the ton.
The t350 is also a base model. The seriously quick version of it has 400BHP.
Why you all giving us grief about the NSX anyway? Not our bloody car!

Personally I like the Vette, always have done. Dont esp like the new front end, but there you go. Yes the interior is *****, its cheap, tacky and looks naff. Dont worry about it, go and look inside any modern Ferrari and they look even cheaper and crapper. Unfair to compare interiors with a TVR as they do the best around for flair and style. They use connolly leather and wilton carpets, so the quality of materials aint bad either!

We'd love to see the Z06 over here. Rumours are it is getting 500 horses...cant wait ) Im not sure about the wisdom of that on leaf springs...no offence guys but it isnt in the same league as indepdent all round. Cant believe GM have continued with that route just for cost!
Anyway, that the C6 was a second slower round the track than Gallardo... and you are complaining??? Id be bloody impressed if I was GM with that! I cant remember if the test was with the old Stig ( Perry Macarthy) or the new Stig (ex F1 World Champion), but either way they are both considerably better drivers than you or I.

Oh and just ignore Clarkson's ramblings against you lot, you should hear him when he gets going about France, Wales and Scotland! Either way, back off the old Mother Country, wouldnt mind but we're probably the only decent allies you got at the moment! Most of us like you!

Oh yeah, one last thing....LS1....cracking engine!!! Mind shipping a few over so we can shove em in instead of this bloody Speed Six thing TVR use? Great engine, but unreliable as fcukety ****.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Teching In

This is a great thread. The level of insecurity on here is something else!I've never seen such over-reaction to a tongue in cheek review!Don't worry about a biased review,as the large ******* doesn't like the McClaren F1 cause they wouldn't play ball with him!

But seriously,the vette just isn't suited to uk roads(which are among the worst in the world surface wise).
With a different suspension set up it would become a serious contender,although it would need to be made in right hand drive.Thats not a critisism but an important point for uk buyers in a uk review don't you think?
If you have access to another review from top gear,they are very enthusiastic about the Chrysler 300C "hemi",and one of the presenters has a dodge charger i think.
If i was coming to live in the U.S i would buy an american sports car as its better suited for america.Quite simply horses for courses thats all.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Yea.. I like this shift in tone.
The corvette rear suspension by the way consists of double A-arms - fully independent. The spring, however, is a sigle transverse-mounted composite monoleaf spring. Not as old-world as it can be made to sound.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Teching In

A limey misses the sarcasm? Didn't think that the self-proclaimed inventors of humor were capable of such an undersight.
Don't think there's such a word as 'undersight'. Nope, checked my OED and it's definately a made up word. Shame on you, bastardising the English language (just because Microsoft do it doesn't make it right).

...still not getting it. I'm impressed, however, with the choice of words. In a battle of wit and linguistics you have a decisive advantage. Nonetheless, you should be nice. I sense so much anger.
Your spider senses appear to be off, no anger. Maybe a feeling of frustration and helplessness in the face of so much self-centredness (probably a made up word, check the OED for me would you?) and misplaced belief in always being right. My old gran had a saying about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit. It went further and the rest is probably not for your young ears but it rhymed with 'wit', I'm sure a man of your calibre can work it out

Now that's funny. I knew you had it in you, heck, with all that exposure to Mr. Bean, Benny Hill, Monty Python, Ab. Fab., etc. you could have me in stitches all day.
You know, you guys are right. Sunnyvale, California just isn't doing it for me anymore. How's the weather over there? Maybe I'll move. Oh wait. You do have McDonald's don't you?
Feel free to pop in. I think you'll find getting into the country a tad easier than getting into the US at the moment what with the DoJ and TSA being put in charge of paranoia (you're not one of the 90+% without a passport are you? No? Good). Sadly we do have McDonalds and do you know what? It tastes as bad here as it does anywhere else in the world Somehow though I suspect that you wouldn't be seen dead in such a place. Hiding your light under a bushel and all that?
Old 11-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Teching In

I put it down to genes you know - a redneck yank in a corvette can only attract a certain type of woman, namely a dumb, ugly one who is probably thrilled to make it out of the trailer park. The unlucky offspring inherit both sets of DNA so will be even dumber and uglier (creating new potential corvette buyers!!) and so on it goes...
yee-haa, squeal like a pig!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Fred, warm up a little. I appreciate the lesson in the English language (which I know was unavoidable given the personality involved). I'm sorry about the sarcasm. I didn't mean to **** your grandma off. Besides, it's Friday night (for you). Don't you have anything better to do?
Oh, and no need to obsess about my passport. Sure it's got a residency and work permit for Sweden and misc customs stamps from Switzerland, Germany and France, but I really don't see the relevance. I can drive one way for 2500+ miles and not need it.
P.S.
I'll never use my MS Word spell-checker again!!

Quick Reply: Check out these non driving homo's!