Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

GenIV 5.3 LH6 info

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So will the LS6 oil pump fit an LS1 with a double roller, behind the stock cover,no prob?
Are there any possible complications of the higher oil pressure?
Old 03-29-2014, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an '05 LH6 that I'm intending to build (add a turbo) and replace the LM7 '04 that's in my 2004 Silverado. I was searching around trying to find some good engines, and I got a decent deal on this one. It was plucked out of Trailblazer at 118K miles. I only got the long block itself, so I didn't get the ECM. I was assuming I would match an aftermarket cam to the turbo, add that, freshen up the engine (rings, hone the cylinder walls, new guides and seats for the heads, maybe get some flow work done to the heads, etc.), and plug this baby in to my existing ECM that's in my truck. After reading about the changes to this engine, I have a few questions:

1. First, I was told that getting rid of the whole active fuel management system can be done without a lot of problems. I don't want that system operating on this engine. Anyone have a good link to a thread where someone got rid of that stuff? I assume all I have to do is not hook up the solenoids in that plate that goes over the valley, and also replace the lifters, particularly the ones that are for the cylinders that are shut down on 1, 4, 6, and 7. I just went out to the garage and looked at the lifters, and visually they seem identical. I know this is an LH6, as the vehicle had the 8th digit "M" serial number, and it's an aluminum block and heads. What else do I have to do to get rid of that system? Come to think of it, I'll assume that the hydraulic lifters that inactivate would be the intake....would that be correct? Sounds like that'd create a load on the engine and act as somewhat of an engine brake...which doesn't make sense. I imagine I don't fully understand what exactly they're doing.

2. Can I grind these valves without damaging them?

3. How can I safely clean the pistons without messing up the coating on them?

4. How do I transfer over the knock sensor? Do I use the one on this engine, or should I bring the one over from my old engine?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is my understanding that to change out the cam you would need new cam, lifter and valley cover. Texas speed has a kit for this it appears. Depending on the ecu you have you may need to swap the reluctor wheel or add some sort of converter like the Linigfelter (sp?) signal converter. Beyond that I will let the experts respond.

Quick Reply: GenIV 5.3 LH6 info