Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 402 short block at SDPC!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, youve already given us the parts list. Its not the recipe to the secret sauce or anything. Invite people to try and aquire all these parts individually and see what the total price comes out to be... Not to mention balance and assembly... Ill bet 4K dosnt seem nearly so bad after that.

Oh, and mySStery_machine, I didnt mean this specifically towards you, I know youre just goofin around.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, I leave all this in Kris' hands. He gets the block to me and Futral does the heads, cam, and tune. I'm steering clear of what I don't yet know for sure. I want to get this all started so when I get back from Iraq I have a new present waiting for me. Strip the car before I go, get it shot the new color, send it to Futral and let it await it's new transplants. All that tax-free money will be going for a good cause; engine, tranny and rear end. Now on to the LS7 idea and emissions?
Old 12-02-2004, 02:23 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Very true, we are basicly doing this so we can get some of the first 402ci short blocks out there. Plus if anyone can prove that this swap can be done it's you guys on LS1tech. We are not trying to make a large amount of money on this, we just want to build a nice piece for a fair price. When we buy parts in qty like we did on this, it helps $$$ alot!!
Old 12-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Teching In

What exactly will bolt-on from an LS1 motor? A good friend of mine is anxious to get his hands on one of these short blocks, but would like to know what parts (stock and aftermarket) will still apply. Items such as Underdrive pulley/Harmonic balancer, headers, flywheel, accessories, etc. I may have overlooked this explanation in another post/thread. If so please excuse my ignorance on this.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:21 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cam80
What exactly will bolt-on from an LS1 motor? A good friend of mine is anxious to get his hands on one of these short blocks, but would like to know what parts (stock and aftermarket) will still apply. Items such as Underdrive pulley/Harmonic balancer, headers, flywheel, accessories, etc. I may have overlooked this explanation in another post/thread. If so please excuse my ignorance on this.
Basicly all you need is;
LS2 front cover
LS2 timming set
LS2 valley cover
LS2 cam sensor
If your friend buys this short block from us, he will recieve all the above parts with it. Let me know if I can help.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tbojbob
I can't help but wonder what will happen to the pricing structure of the iron block builds once these LS2 builds crank up.......will the iron block assemblies currently offered by sponsors get cheaper yet???? When they start gathering dust in the corner of the warehouse I'll gladly help you out if the price is within reason.......
I highly doubt they will get cheaper. Some prefer an iron 6.0 to an aluminum one. I see the ls6 and etc price stay the same.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Whats the deal with shipping prices? i'm in Nj. dammit, if it weren't for the stupid install cost i'd be able to buy thats sucker for Christmas
Old 12-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Launching!

So with reguards to the knock sensor, well, all I know is it looks like a flat response knock sensor that S&S Cycle uses in their closed loop spark systems. What that means is that unlike the old sensor that looks for one frequency to report back to the computer, this sensor sends all the noise back to the ecm. The ecm then filters through and looks for knock. There would be no way you could hook this into a old system because it would always see something. If you want to know more, well, you see who I am.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Oh, and by the way, for all those that will be at the PRI show, I hear Katech is going to be putting on a seminar about gen 3's. They will prolbably be able to shed some light on this subject and others. I think it should be pretty good. If nothing else, it will be a good time to ask them questions.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MSURacing
So with reguards to the knock sensor, well, all I know is it looks like a flat response knock sensor that S&S Cycle uses in their closed loop spark systems. What that means is that unlike the old sensor that looks for one frequency to report back to the computer, this sensor sends all the noise back to the ecm. The ecm then filters through and looks for knock. There would be no way you could hook this into a old system because it would always see something. If you want to know more, well, you see who I am.

Really no interest in using the new gen IV sensor...its a matter of where to locate the gen III sensors on a gen IV block, and get good results with gen III controllers.

Right now, I am welding bosses in the valley of a gen IV - planning a harmonic evaluation study of the block to see how well this works; So long as DOD is not active, this will be the ticket - Matching mat. props of the boss to the new casting is going to be a little tricky, but I've got some plans for that -
Old 12-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

Originally Posted by KJ@SDPC
I have posted on a few different threads that we would work on a LS2 stroker short block. Well, I worked on it and parts are on the way in big QTY to make this happen at a fair price. We are not only going to build you a very nice short block, but we are also going to send every conversion piece you will need to make it happen.

Short block break down
*LS2 aluminum block (4.000 bore)
*Eagle 4.000 stroke crank
*Crower 6.125 I beam LS1 specific rods
*Diamond forged pistons
*Diamond file fit rings
*Clevitte 77 rod and main bearings
***Balanced & assembled***

We will also ship with every short block....
**LS2 parts:
*front cover
*timming set
*cam sensor
*front cover
*front seal & gasket
*valley cover

Everything listed above for $3,995.00

Please pm, email, or call me with any questions!!
KJ,

I am planning on building a forged 402 LS2 twin turbo for my 03 Z06 that will put down "Reliable" 750+ RWHP. I was thinking of using a LQ9 iron block but now with the availability of LS2 block, I am willing to shave 80 lbs off the nose of my Z06.

How much RWHP and RWTQ can this LS2 Shortblock you are offering for $3,995 withstand in a twin turbo application? The compression ratio will be 9.1 – 9.5:1 with AFR 225 cc heads with 72 cc combustion chambers.

Can you give me a quote on the LS2 shortblock if the following parts are used instead of the ones you are offering in the package? Thanks.

** LS2 aluminum block (4.000 bore)
** Lunati 4.000 stroke crank
** Lunati 6.125 LS1 Pro Billet Connecting Rods
** ARP Pro-Series LS1 "Cracked Rod" Connecting Rod Bolts
** Lunati -28 cc dished pistons
** Lunati rings
** Federal Mogul Competition Series LS1 rod and main bearings
** Thermal coated pistons and thermal coated bearings
** Balanced & assembled

Old 12-05-2004, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

So what about a deal with the ls2 intake and tb how much would all of that set us back with the motor ?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

SDPC rocks, that is an unbelieveable price
Old 12-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by INSOMNIAC
[B][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]KJ,

I am planning on building a forged 402 LS2 twin turbo for my 03 Z06 that will put down "Reliable" 750+ RWHP...

....hmmmm....sounds very familiar - my build is being covered at www.escaladev.com
Old 12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by INSOMNIAC
KJ,

I am planning on building a forged 402 LS2 twin turbo for my 03 Z06 that will put down "Reliable" 750+ RWHP. I was thinking of using a LQ9 iron block but now with the availability of LS2 block, I am willing to shave 80 lbs off the nose of my Z06.

How much RWHP and RWTQ can this LS2 Shortblock you are offering for $3,995 withstand in a twin turbo application? The compression ratio will be 9.1 – 9.5:1 with AFR 225 cc heads with 72 cc combustion chambers.

Can you give me a quote on the LS2 shortblock if the following parts are used instead of the ones you are offering in the package? Thanks.

** LS2 aluminum block (4.000 bore)
** Lunati 4.000 stroke crank
** Lunati 6.125 LS1 Pro Billet Connecting Rods
** ARP Pro-Series LS1 "Cracked Rod" Connecting Rod Bolts
** Lunati -28 cc dished pistons
** Lunati rings
** Federal Mogul Competition Series LS1 rod and main bearings
** Thermal coated pistons and thermal coated bearings
** Balanced & assembled

Sent you a PM!! We have had a few calls from customers needing to make some changes. I have two being built with:
**Callies crank 4340 steel 4.000 stroke
**Manley pro billet 6.125 rods
**Diamond custom pistons
Very nice set up!! If anyone else needs a quote on a short block set to there specs, please let me know!!
Old 12-06-2004, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Sry to jack the thread just need a quick question answered.

So can ls1 edit competely turn off the knock sensors permanently? Iv got false knock readings b/c of low voltage. Can the sensors be turned off for good b/c MTI turned off my ses light and now its back on.

Thanks

Kyle
Old 12-06-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HotRod68Camaro
Sry to jack the thread just need a quick question answered.

So can ls1 edit competely turn off the knock sensors permanently? Iv got false knock readings b/c of low voltage. Can the sensors be turned off for good b/c MTI turned off my ses light and now its back on.

Thanks

Kyle

but yes it can. check PCM section for details. wish i could help you more, lol.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:02 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xtreme57
Whats the deal with shipping prices? i'm in Nj. dammit, if it weren't for the stupid install cost i'd be able to buy thats sucker for Christmas
Shipping shouldn't cost all that much to get one to you in NJ. Just guessing, I should be able to get it there for about $100.00 - $125.00. We get very good rates from Fed-Ex!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:05 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MSURacing
Oh, and by the way, for all those that will be at the PRI show, I hear Katech is going to be putting on a seminar about gen 3's. They will prolbably be able to shed some light on this subject and others. I think it should be pretty good. If nothing else, it will be a good time to ask them questions.
Yes they are!! I would love to go, but will be at our booth for most of the show. for those of you that will be at the PRI show, come by the SDPC booth!! We would like to put a name with a face!!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Kris,

Please give me a call. Are you at PRI now?

Perry Kincy

Quick Reply: LS2 402 short block at SDPC!