Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How someone can bring car here that isn't in production yet
Hey new 07 Cobra will be pushin 600HP blah,blah

When everione can but that Z06 than compare for road racer Ford GT
Old 02-14-2005 | 03:43 PM
Launching!

how much do you think you'd have to make a year to buy the new zo6. I'm only asking because i will have my degree at the end of this year and sometime next year maybe i would like to purchase one. do you think 75-100k would do it.
Old 02-14-2005 | 03:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nwmembr19
how much do you think you'd have to make a year to buy the new zo6. I'm only asking because i will have my degree at the end of this year and sometime next year maybe i would like to purchase one. do you think 75-100k would do it.
You're gonna have a degree and yet you have to ask a question such as this. Education must go a LONG ways....
Old 02-14-2005 | 03:59 PM
Launching!

for one it's only an associates at a community college. 2 i just turned 20 today and i live with my parents who pay for most of my stuff so i dont know how far money goes in the real world i dont pay bills or housenotes so i figured i would ask some guys who are able to afford them and they could tell me. how do you figure that was a stupid question because i will make more in one year than what the car costs i can see that but that doesnt tell me anything.
Old 02-14-2005 | 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow what a thread. In my opinion the Z06 will be slightly slower in straightline race vs. the GT. On a road course I think the cars will be very close in performance. The Z06 is really going to be a fantastic value and I disagree with those who say the GT is worth the extra $$. The only way I could agree is if you had enough money to pay for the exclusivity. Because really that is what you are buying (beautiful car though I must admit)

As to the mid engined and Le Mans comment, I had to laugh. There IS a front engined car that has won its class at Le Mans 3 out of the last 4 years: the Corvette C5-R. And this class does feature a mid engined competitor in the Saleen S7. The rear mounted transmission helps the weight balance of the Vette quite a bit. There are still undoubtedly advantages to a mid engine layout, but I still think to myself why is Porsche (a manufacturer that uses a mid engine layout most of the time) unable to field a GTS competitor? Odd huh.

So while the GT is indeed a gorgeous exotic, I tend to doubt that its performance will warrant its price tag to those of us who are less concerned about image and more concerned about a heavier wallet and lighter car.
Old 02-14-2005 | 04:18 PM
Launching!

for one it's only an associates at a community college. 2 i just turned 20 today and i live with my parents who pay for most of my stuff so i dont know how far money goes in the real world i dont pay bills or housenotes so i figured i would ask some guys who are able to afford them and they could tell me. how do you figure that was a stupid question because i will make more in one year than what the car costs i can see that but that doesnt tell me anything.
Well...like you, I am in college and I just turned 20 as well. But I do work and realize how far money can/cannot go. I guess I just figured anyone who is capable of graduating high school would realize such an easy question. It's all in how you want to live your life man.

Back on topic...$150k for a Ford GT or $70k for a faster ZO6? Looks like these "outdated" pushrods are at it again.
Old 02-14-2005 | 04:30 PM
Launching!

and to the idiot who is talking about some 07 cobra that is pretty much just a concept car at this point. gm has tons of concept vehicles that will destroy most other cars like the 750 hp tigershark corvette, and 1000hp cadillacs(1000hp will move a heavy car). look at the chrysler me412 concept cars are not in this discussion neither is the cobra which is severly outclassed by the zo6 especially from a road course perspective. yeah you can make any cheap car fast. i just bought a 98 z28 for 5800 and it put down 348 to the wheels with bolt ons. You really cant beat that. The corvette is the american sports car and has always competed in world class events. dont believe me check out the c5r it dominates it class against saleen s7's, gtsr's, and ferraris. so basically you have a badass platform to build on (six piston caliper, individual pads, dry sump oiling, a detuned 7L) for racing in a car that is built for daily driving with things like dvd in dash navigation, active handling, and an actually nice interior (unlike the ugly *** ford gt). The ford gt is supposed to be some ultimate stripped down race car that lists for 150,000 (but cant seem to be bought for under 200,000) and beats all. The problem is it's not worth the cash. The argument has been brought up before that you can make any car beat any car for the right amount of cash, so why would you pay that much for a ford ( i wouldnt pay that much for a chevrolet either) it is not a nice car, the axles break, it doesnt take much for a cobra to have the same output hp wise and it's ugly. The zo6 will be a nice car to drive to work or to the track or on a date . If you want to build a racer in any category the platform is there. I'm basically just trying to say you probably arent going to find an all around bad *** car like the zo6 for less money, and apparently not for a hundred thousand more either. Oh yeah and to all who doesn't know the zo6.
Old 02-14-2005 | 04:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by john3daly
Well...like you, I am in college and I just turned 20 as well. But I do work and realize how far money can/cannot go. I guess I just figured anyone who is capable of graduating high school would realize such an easy question. It's all in how you want to live your life man.

Back on topic...$150k for a Ford GT or $70k for a faster ZO6? Looks like these "outdated" pushrods are at it again.
yeah you are right i am going to buy a zo6 even if i will barely be able to afford it. I also agree with you on the pushrod thing it was said that ford pretty much laughed at gm when ford came out with the mod motor and said how do they think they will compete with a pushrod motor. Funny how the pushrod motor seems to have a more high rpm capable valvetrain in this situation. you'd think ford could do better for 150,000+. oh wait i didnt realize what i just said.
Old 02-14-2005 | 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

Hmm, I don't have a problem with the Cobra motor as it supports 7K+ RPM without scattering but I do have a problem with the pistons. Oh, and the fact that it cost 1800+ to cam the thing (4 cams). A set of Stage III cams and beehive valves along with some JE forged pistons and you're making serious power. Can ya say 25 PSI of boost? No way to put that on the ground though, I mean, who's gonna tub a friggin' '03-04 Cobra?
Old 02-14-2005 | 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Oh, I was datalogging right after I got my Predator tune and forgot the rev limiter got moved to 7200. I hit 7100 at WOT before a 3rd to 4th shift according to the logger. Damned good thing I didn't hit the limiter as the Cobra uses fuel cut as the limiter. Let's see, 11.8 AF, 7200 RPM and 14 PSI? Can ya say BOOM!
Old 02-15-2005 | 02:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea give that new Z06 to GMHTP they got a 11.97 out of the 04 Z06 I'm sure they could get the 06 Z06 to the low 11's

Them old poeople at motor trend dont know how to drive they only got a 12.40 or 12.60 out of it. I think its all driver in this one!!!!
Old 02-15-2005 | 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and to the idiot who is talking about some 07 cobra that is pretty much just a concept car at this point. gm has tons of concept vehicles that will destroy most other cars like the 750 hp tigershark corvette, and 1000hp cadillacs(1000hp will move a heavy car). look at the chrysler me412 concept cars are not in this discussion neither is the cobra which is severly outclassed by the zo6 especially from a road course perspective. yeah you can make any cheap car fast. i just bought a 98 z28 for 5800 and it put down 348 to the wheels with bolt ons. You really cant beat that. The corvette is the american sports car and has always competed in world class events. dont believe me check out the c5r it dominates it class against saleen s7's, gtsr's, and ferraris. so basically you have a badass platform to build on (six piston caliper, individual pads, dry sump oiling, a detuned 7L) for racing in a car that is built for daily driving with things like dvd in dash navigation, active handling, and an actually nice interior (unlike the ugly *** ford gt). The ford gt is supposed to be some ultimate stripped down race car that lists for 150,000 (but cant seem to be bought for under 200,000) and beats all. The problem is it's not worth the cash. The argument has been brought up before that you can make any car beat any car for the right amount of cash, so why would you pay that much for a ford ( i wouldnt pay that much for a chevrolet either) it is not a nice car, the axles break, it doesnt take much for a cobra to have the same output hp wise and it's ugly. The zo6 will be a nice car to drive to work or to the track or on a date . If you want to build a racer in any category the platform is there. I'm basically just trying to say you probably arent going to find an all around bad *** car like the zo6 for less money, and apparently not for a hundred thousand more either. Oh yeah and to all who doesn't know the zo6.
Didn't you have to take English 101 and 102 to recieve your degree?
Did your teacher forget to tell you what a paragraph is?
Old 02-15-2005 | 07:34 PM
Launching!

whatareyouhisenglishteacher? givehimbreakaslonasyouknowwhathemeant
Old 02-15-2005 | 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

ok, so i didn't read this whole thread, but I found this link to another forum I thought ya'll might find interesting... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=154131
Old 02-15-2005 | 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Let's see... camswap in the new z06, nitrous, tuning... easily 700+rwhp I bet.
Old 02-16-2005 | 07:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just thinking about this the other day. when i was a kid (not that long ago) the way to tell if a car was a supercar or not was by the amount of posters you tried to put up on your bedroom wall. the more posters, the bettter the supercar! now this test has nothing to do with how fast the car is or how well it handles, only "HOW COOL IS THE CAR?". now if you use this test then i bet the majoutiy of people would go for the Ford! if you disagree then show a picture of both cars to a male of the age of about 10-13 and i bet they pick the ford. simple as that. or ask yourself "what car would i want to pick a girl up in??????" i bet the ford would win. its like the new mini, people of all ages love it!

you see this is where the Ford and the Vette differ. the Vette could be the fstest car in the world with the best handling and people would still buy the GT. it like Ferrari, 90% of the people that buy them dont care about the performance they just get them coz its a ferrari (thats why they buy the stupid padle shift boxes).

now, for the Vette to compete with the likes of Ferrari, they need to take the Vette to another level. im talking mad road racer stlye. you see if GM took the racer and made it road leagl (just) then the Vette would be cool, and be better than Ford and everything else (apart from the Koenigsrgg CCR and the Pagani Zonda C12s). i meen GM would have to go MAD. im talking 600bhp+, 600lbsft +, cardonfiber body that sits super close to the floor, a huge wing and alloys that only just fit over massive carbon brakes (id go for 380mm and 8 piston calipers at the front, 360 and 6pots at the back). the interior could go one of two ways, either Saleen S7 plush, or Lotus stripped out. with the above modifications and a higher than the ford price tag, it would be a winner. it would be a real supercar, like the old lambos, unusable!!

until then it will just be another evolution of the classic. shame really as it would be ace to have an American car over here in (uk) that could REALY kick the german and italians *** both in a straight line and around the bends.

Sorry about that. rant over and done with now. back to the mundain life of grime, and reality.

thanks Chris.
Old 02-16-2005 | 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

Well I for one happen to the the new ZO6 looks bad ***. The interioirs are really nice in the C6 and i would hate to see it stripped out. And I would definately hate to see it with one of the ricer wings on it. Dont ever do that to a chevy! Anyway for the price of the car it is going to be one of the badest cars ever made. And with little mods it will beat a lot of those imports. Is it a supercar? Hell I dont know, and i really dont care if you call it a supercar. To me its a bad *** muscle car. And thats all it needs to be. As for what would I rather pick a date up in, i have the picture of the new ZO6 as my screensaver on my computer and the more i see it the more bad *** it looks. Its still a close one, but i think i like the looks of it more than the Ford GT. And for it being low to the ground, im not sure if they did it the same as the C5's. But those cars where simple to lower and free. Only took us about 30 minutes to lower the ones my friends have. We actually lowered two of them one night in our garage in like 1 hour and a half, did some drinking too. But it was simple and they looked really good.
Old 02-16-2005 | 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

The Ford GT is only appealing to me because of its amount of power. But i dont like the interior, the exterior, the poor build quality. I dont like that it has a comparatively small engine(to new ZO6)and that it is supercharged. American muscle doesnt achieve its power from a whining little box, we do it with a big loud engine. That growls and has a nice burley sound. Not a loud whining. Now there is nothing wrong with power adders, but first you need the big Cubic inches. But that is jus what i like.
Old 02-16-2005 | 02:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gen3Benz
Didn't you have to take English 101 and 102 to recieve your degree?
Did your teacher forget to tell you what a paragraph is?
Actually it was english 1301, and i got an A in that class. When i type things on the computer that are not for a grade i usually don't seem to care too much about things like paragraphs. Is there any particular reason why you would even waste your time pointing that out? Are you some sort of **** retentive english teacher? Do you think you are going to discredit my opinion by saying i dont know how to use paragraphs? I can't believe you even took the time to post that.
Old 02-16-2005 | 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually it was english 1301, and i got an A in that class. When i type things on the computer that are not for a grade i usually don't seem to care too much about things like paragraphs. Is there any particular reason why you would even waste your time pointing that out? Are you some sort of **** retentive english teacher? Do you think you are going to discredit my opinion by saying i dont know how to use paragraphs? I can't believe you even took the time to post that.
I don't know either of you, but it is too difficult to read run on sentences and posts that don't have any punctuation or paragraphs.....my 2 pennies

Now, back to our normally scheduled programming......

Quick Reply: 06 z06 vs fords gt-40