Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

3-Valve Heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Panoz is a race car the SR3 is a road car, ok well a race car for the road, but its still legal on the road (just). and soory for being stupid on the 'ring thing. i should have thought twice before thinking about having a go on something i was not 100% sure of. again sorry. as for the pace of a GT3 vs a vette thing i will have to agree to disagree. i think the GT3 would win (cant remamber what time it set). what did the z06 lap in? be nice to compare numbers.

thansk Chris.

PS did i say sorry for being such a t**t had a bad day!
is all good man yea you might be wright about the gt3, now we'll just wait and see with the new z06 lol no hard feelings at all we need a little controversy aroud here once in a while.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

In case you were wondering why the 4.6 SOHC heads flow so horrible, you just need to take a look at them. When you look down the intake tract, the intake valve actually has to make more than a 90* turn to clear the short side radius. It makes me wanna give ford a BIG high five....

"Way ta go morons!!"
Old 04-05-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am porting my 03 cobra heads right now...mostly cleaning up the horrible maching work from the factory. The seats are smaller than the port bowl so there are edges exposed all around the seat. When the factory drops their reamer in they destroy the curve at the back of the bowl and square off the short side radius...I have never seen heads gm heads this bad. I miced the size of the opening under the valve before and after and by just matching the seat to the port I gained 9 % in opening area. These heads have a larger curtain area than 2.08 chevy intake valves and they only flow 233 cfm at .500. So much for the curtain area formula being legitimate in all cases. A bigger pipe flows more than two smaller pipes.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Teching In

Just a quick email to find out some more info on the multi valve guru.. Short story We run a door slammer (Promod) here in Sydney Australia & have placed an order in January for a one off custom set of 32 valve ARAO all billet Ford heads (Cleveland style) to suit our alloy Fontana. What we ordered were BILLET solids “no water” with custom porting to suit our Hogan’s blower sheet metal intake.. etc etc.. we also ordered all Manley valve train in Titanium etc etc... We spoke with Manley today and they have NO order from Arao…This order had an agreed lead-time of 16-20 weeks MFG. Now we are sitting in November and since the order is paid in FULL to Russ we’re a little concerned!!! , we were told that if we wire funds in FULL our order then gets expedited. We are very patient with him, we know this is a unique product and sometimes things happen and orders get delayed. My question is... has anyone here personally visited the shop and what’s your impression? Any help is really really appreciated.

Cheers, Kev
Sydney Australia.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BILLET RACING
Just a quick email to find out some more info on the multi valve guru.. Short story We run a door slammer (Promod) here in Sydney Australia & have placed an order in January for a one off custom set of 32 valve ARAO all billet Ford heads (Cleveland style) to suit our alloy Fontana. What we ordered were BILLET solids “no water” with custom porting to suit our Hogan’s blower sheet metal intake.. etc etc.. we also ordered all Manley valve train in Titanium etc etc... We spoke with Manley today and they have NO order from Arao…This order had an agreed lead-time of 16-20 weeks MFG. Now we are sitting in November and since the order is paid in FULL to Russ we’re a little concerned!!! , we were told that if we wire funds in FULL our order then gets expedited. We are very patient with him, we know this is a unique product and sometimes things happen and orders get delayed. My question is... has anyone here personally visited the shop and what’s your impression? Any help is really really appreciated.

Cheers, Kev
Sydney Australia.
Been there - they were nice to talk to. It is a father and son small shop. While nice to talk with they tried to screw me on price. They quoted me US$100k to prototype a set of 40V heads for a V10 and own the rights. When I got there - they said it would be $200k - which blew the deal out the window.

They've been making castings etc since the 90's yet you can't find hardly any real info independently on them apart from people finding they had a lot of work to do to get them to work right.. but when they did they went very well....

You are a long way away - that's a bad thing with some auto people who will just put you on the back burner. They've spent your money anyway - so now they have to do the job out of their own pockets....

this is what i would do: I'd phone and tell them I was losing patience and get a firm commitment from them on how much time they need to get the job done. I'd also ask them if there is any problem and what can be done about it. They may use this to get more money.

Once I had an agreed firm deal - I'd tell them very clearly that I am holding them to this and if they miss the next cutoff things will go very bad for them. I would not elaborate.

If they failed after the next deadline (I would be calling them regular to monitor progress and diary their stories/responces) - a small team would fly over there and walk in unannounced with a brief intro that went something like this:

"hi - we've flown 10,000 miles just to see you two."

Otherwise - this could end in tears. I assume you have been in contact and been given BS by the fact you've come on here and posted.

good luck
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey where did that aussie's e-mail ceom from? we kinda deal with russ. so far it's mainly us riding his *** on sending out heads he's been sitting on for years. but yes good luck he's a jackass and imposible to deal with

Quick Reply: 3-Valve Heads