Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

guess what hp!!! ls2 402 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 08:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be seeing some 10's n/a Roy...
It was an awesome weekend, glad you and Rob came out.
I can hardly wait to see Rob's twin turbo Z06 LS2 402 stroker motor in action !

That will be a cool car!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:19 AM
8 Second Club

Roy, I did not know you would be out on Saturday... it sounds like I missed some fun

With some serious wheels and rubber like Don's car has... your car will be even crazier than it is now... I am going to have to do my homework to keep up with you fast C5 guys

The folks that saw me run on Friday night said my front wheels came up about 1 foot in the air
Old 07-04-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by denttech
You'll be seeing some 10's n/a Roy...
It was an awesome weekend, glad you and Rob came out.
I can hardly wait to see Rob's twin turbo Z06 LS2 402 stroker motor in action !

That will be a cool car!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Let me see 11sec=11.997 (just from memory)
12sec=12.023

Actual difference =0.026sec not a very big victory at different tracks on different days. But I concede that you had the better time, I'm man enough for that.

If you want to pay for the extra labor to swap my clutch out before my engine swap by all means. Other wise I have spent plenty this year and have to use some common sense with how I spend my money. I think mines faster and you think yours is faster, what ever, last year you had the best time slip, but not by much.

Keep your 385 light weight together a couple weeks and we will have a go with the big boys. Until I get booted of the track anyway.

Did you even need to have a roll bar at the last track day?

Rampant
Solid comeback. Very solid.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:39 PM
8 Second Club

Matt, you know better than anyone the world of difference between 12.0 & 11.9 just like a 11.0 & 10.9... I don't need any comebacks... I make my point at the track... My Z28 has already run 121MPH and I don't think Dale's car has ever done any better than 116MPH...

I hope his car is ready for next drag event as much as he is!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vmax1500
Matt, you know better than anyone the world of difference between 12.0 & 11.9 just like a 11.0 & 10.9... I don't need any comebacks... I make my point at the track... My Z28 has already run 121MPH and I don't think Dale's car has ever done any better than 116MPH...

I hope his car is ready for next drag event as much as he is!
Andre just curious, what is your absolute best time and mph in that car at any Ontario track? Please post this up for all to see. Mine was 12.023

What was your mph at the last drag event or better yet I will post my best from July last year at St Thomas and you post yours and we will see how superior your car was. Both cars same track same day that is fair.

What does every one else think?

Also no worry of me being ready, you had better worry that you are ready for me, even with your girlie shifter!

Sorry, for getting pulled off topic R/T Stroker.

In 2-3 weeks we will have some ARE 412 ci LS2 results to post up for comparison. I'm sure it will be similar. I just hope my heavy car can run as strong as you did!

Rampant

Last edited by RAMPANT; 07-07-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

You and Andre ran within 1mph on the same day at the same track didnt you? At least that is what I remember
Old 07-07-2005, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
You and Andre ran within 1mph on the same day at the same track didnt you? At least that is what I remember
Maybe!

Someone may say
Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
My tuning was all over the map last year... I also added better parts as the year went along... I raced 2-3 times per week in Montreal at the end of the season ALWAYS running in the 119-121MPH range! My car just ran 116MPH in my 1st pass with it and it's down on power from last year because I stripped off the LSX intake!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Andre just curious, what is your absolute best time and mph in that car at any Ontario track? Please post this up for all to see. Mine was 12.023

What was your mph at the last drag event or better yet I will post my best from July last year at St Thomas and you post yours and we will see how superior your car was. Both cars same track same day that is fair.

What does every one else think?

Also no worry of me being ready, you had better worry that you are ready for me, even with your girlie shifter!

Sorry, for getting pulled off topic R/T Stroker.

In 2-3 weeks we will have some ARE 412 ci LS2 results to post up for comparison. I'm sure it will be similar. I just hope my heavy car can run as strong as you did!

Rampant
I never got a chance to race in Ontario with a sticky tire... sadly my motor let go not long after I got the 12 bolt installed... I was 3MPH faster than you this season on the same day and you had a 90MM NW TB and LSX installed compared to my stock TB and stock intake!

Let's face it Dale, you are faster than me in the parking lot and I am faster than you at the drag strip... I have the killer instinct... I will do whatever it takes to beat you!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:07 AM
8 Second Club

I don't want to hijack Roy's thread... Sorry Roy!

Dale, this is when I finally got everything sorted out with the car last year... Notice the date, Oct 10th at around noon on a hot weekend! Close to 122MPH... that's MUCH faster than anything your car has ever seen... considering your new motor could add only 60RWHP over your old setup... this is the kind of MPH you might see with your new motor in a heavy car!!!
http://solo2.abac.com/avigdor/temp/Z.../oct102004.jpg

Then 2 days later on Oct 12th... broke into the 11's once I got the courage to dump the clutch...
http://solo2.abac.com/avigdor/temp/Z...2th%202004.jpg

There is not that much of a difference between MTL and Toronto... ask Matt P... his car runs very simmilar in both cities...

Stop making excuses... I was man enough to admit you beat me in the parking lot!

End of the discussion... this is a new season and you got some catching up to do!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

I never got a chance to race in Ontario with a sticky tire... sadly my motor let go not long after I got the 12 bolt installed... I was 3MPH faster than you this season on the same day and you had a 90MM NW TB and LSX installed compared to my stock TB and stock intake!

Let's face it Dale, you are faster than me in the parking lot and I am faster than you at the drag strip... I have the killer instinct... I will do whatever it takes to beat you!

Yes 3 mph faster and me with a dying clutch, that will knock a couple mph of at the top end easy. You ran exactly the same as I ran at that track last year with a healthy clutch. Tires have nothing to do with mph. My best mph was 116.96 on a 12.7 run on street tires at TMP. Very similar to your results on street tires at the Ontario tracks.

We both know Napierville is down hill and known for slightly higher mph. As stated by others. I'm not doing anyhting but stating facts to ensure that nothing is twisted or manipulated. You had the best time by .026 at a track I had never been to so I only use a common day and track as a fair reference.

That is just my opinion.

Opinions are like Azzholes we all are one, I mean have one.

I also had a stock torque arm, plus BFG DRs and shock vs an adjustable Edelbrock TA and adjustable KYB's plus ET Streets on yours . Would anyone like to guess who had the superior 60ft by almost a tenth. I noticed that there have been no comparisons on this part of the cars performance. In fact my 1.729 was very close to your light weight 385's 1.70x

This is all in fun.

Andre is a good guy and I'm always happy to see his cars do well. I'm also happy to see my car is good enough that you choose it as a bench mark.

Our banter drives our wifes nuts, and likely keeps our suppliers in business too.

Rampant
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Stop making excuses... I was man enough to admit you beat me in the parking lot!

End of the discussion... this is a new season and you got some catching up to do!
I have never made excues, I always admitted that your car ran a incredibly faster run than me, oh yeah .026 sec quicker at a different track and day. Actually times that close would be very good for bracket racing.

I have always acknowledged that your car and driving is a very small amount quicker, it is you claim the vastly superior power and driver skill but its not your fault its the crack habit talking! I have always said they are very close and I think very few would argue that but you would.

We should have a good crowd when we settle this mano a mano on the same track at the same time and heads up at the light.

I hope all the hype is worth it. Drag car vs hopped up autocrosser.

Careful Andre, I am a Master De bater or so I'm told.

Rampant
Old 07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
8 Second Club

Debate this... I have 2 11 second F-Bodies... and you have a 12 second car that is quick in the parking lot... and a motor being built that needs to be proven... Considering how pumped up you are I hope it's everything that you are expecting!

At the same time, I have a car that I drove to an 11.5 @ 121 on a 1.60 at a DA of +1200 granny shifting the T56. Next week the same person that built Roy's car and Don's 9 second LS2 C5 is intalling a drag race built automatic along with reducing the weight to the same range as Roy's Z06! If that ain't enough I will have same type of nitrous setup that Don has in his car!

I would be surprised and impressed to see you keep up with me motor vs motor!

Have fun in the parking lot this weekend
Old 07-07-2005, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Debate this... I have 2 11 second F-Bodies... and you have a 12 second car that is quick in the parking lot... and a motor being built that needs to be proven... Considering how pumped up you are I hope it's everything that you are expecting!

At the same time, I have a car that I drove to an 11.5 @ 121 on a 1.60 at a DA of +1200 granny shifting the T56. Next week the same person that built Roy's car and Don's 9 second LS2 C5 is intalling a drag race built automatic along with reducing the weight to the same range as Roy's Z06! If that ain't enough I will have same type of nitrous setup that Don has in his car!

I would be surprised and impressed to see you keep up with me motor vs motor!

Have fun in the parking lot this weekend
Even your best shifting is Granny shifting, even more so soon!

I have no visions of being close to a 385 on a 200 shot. Motor to motor will be the only time I'm close. In this case our race will be like a hand grenade, if I'm close that will be more than good enough for me. since I can then swap tires and pull 1.0+ g's in the parking lot.

I'm looking forward to your shock and awe! If I really want the win I'll gut the car and drop a grand on a 200 shot of my own, but that is not how i want to build my car. We are comparing apples to eggs, and you will have some on your face to wipe off when I'm thru.

Rampant
Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd like to see if I can be faster in the parking lot, and even dragstrip ... lol
Just kidding, Andre and Dale :p
Old 07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
I'd like to see if I can be faster in the parking lot, and even dragstrip ... lol
Just kidding, Andre and Dale :p
Eugenio, you will need the Nos, only because I have a big weight advantage. In the parking lot I'm up to that challenge, win or lose it is a blast either way. Why don't you come to one of the Solo events. Or better yet I think there is a Pro Solo in Sept. and we can line them up at the lights and go! I really hope you can come to one of the events.

Andre can bring his wife's car and play too.

Rampant

Quick Reply: guess what hp!!! ls2 402 stroker