Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

lS7 Crate motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by parts@sdpc
To answer a few questions concerning LS7 parts and the LS7 crate engine:

1. If you owned a new 2006 Z06 and needed an engine component, whether the case is warranty or not, GM Service Parts Operation(SPO) would do everything in their power to get you the parts for your car.

2. Yes, some of the components may be like a "controlled substance" in the beginning(very short term). This could require a VIN to order these parts. There are several reasons as to why they do this and one is to keep parts for purchased vehicles that might need to be repaired.

3. Let's face it, the LS7 crate engines are a commodity right now! Very high demand and very little supply. As it stands today, all of our LS7 engines are spoken for and if someone backs out, we will post it here first that we have an engine for sale. Talking prices today is like talking about the price of gas! GM Parts has asked for more complete LS7 engines, but that time line is still being worked on and you will not see that resolved until next year and even then it will be a very limited quantity(probably less than 50-pcs) --- if it can be done at all!

4. GM is very aware of the demand for these components and I have been involved in some of this process now for well over a year. They fully intend to make all of these parts readily available to purchase and some of the components they have ample inventory now. They may not be willing to release certain components at this time because of specific obligations regarding the release of the car, editorial committments, and internal politics. But rest assured, you will be able to purchase the LS7 core components (block, heads, intake, etc) very soon without any problems!

The future is very bright for horsepower hungry GEN3 and GEN4 enthusiasts! More is to come ----------

Nicky Fowler
Head Gearhead @ SDPC

That is what I said only a lot shorter version... the build center in Wixom is going to get almost all of the parts..GM wants to sell this very expensive Corvette as fast as possible..this car (C6 Z06) has received a ton of publicity and interest for quite a while now..I have had deposits for over a year and a half..people didn't know what it would cost or what it looked like but they definately wanted it...stand by for a major performance icon... the new Z06 is coming to your neighborhood soon..we should have our first ones in stock in the next 2 -3 weeks...GM is very concious of the interest in this car..Wixom can only produce so many engines per day..that is going to be the limiting factor in the production of this car..the rest of the car is not a problem to build..but the engines availibility is what is going to have the biggest effect on production speed...that is why I think that parts will be slow coming to the market out side of new car production..

Last edited by slt200mph; 08-23-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is correct
Old 08-31-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

As if a 427+ was never made with good reliable operation since GM got the idea of making a 505---440rwhp??---motor. I wish it would come out already so there wouldn't be so many posts surrounding a cast piston POS.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
As if a 427+ was never made with good reliable operation since GM got the idea of making a 505---440rwhp??---motor. I wish it would come out already so there wouldn't be so many posts surrounding a cast piston POS.

505 HP...470 ft. lbs. tq....
Old 09-01-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by slt200mph
505 HP...470 ft. lbs. tq....

I was quoting that its 440 rear wheel horse power. (actually more like 430rwhp)
I wouldnt even accept those numbers for a head and cam job on my 6 liter.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think in reality that HP on the new Z06 is going to be in the 445 range at the rear wheels...usually about a 12% drop from crank to wheels..your numbers might be a little low..but we will know soon enough they will be on dynos all around the country soon enough..my first ones will be here in a week or so..
Old 09-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Restricted User

I'm thinking we can convince Randy to take his to the Dyno, heck I'll even pay for half of it.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Bummer. Barry, any more news on the possible block only? What about you and your other cohorts (sp?) @ SDPC as far as working with GMPP for an aftermarket raceblock?? Keep the info rolling!

Hey but r you interested in a 98 z28?? I'm in middletown delaware so im not far away at all.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Bummer. Barry, any more news on the possible block only? What about you and your other cohorts (sp?) @ SDPC as far as working with GMPP for an aftermarket raceblock?? Keep the info rolling!
Just to touch on this lightly, the LS7 block will be avaliable,it will be cheaper than the C5R block.Not sure when the block will be avaliable but thinking shortly after the engine is released.We will be taking some orders on them when we know the gospel on a et.Hope that anwers your question.
In regards to a raceblock~ we will be happy to post to you guys when the info gets to us.thanks!!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
oh come on this is just dumb.... gimme a job gm... i'll build em on saterday
Off topic but I read your FAQ, nice work!

Quick Reply: lS7 Crate motor