Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Production C6 Z06 Baseline dyno results @ LG Motorsports!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
Why the hell is there torque management on the new Z06?

GM is starting to **** me off.

So old ladies or rich folks would not spin out and want to take GM to court because they can not drive and are retarded. Well most people can not control wheel spin at all, and for them and others on the road a C6 Z06 with no traction or torque control would be a hazard would you think?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

I'd think Traction Control that you can switch on and off would be enough - like on the previous GM performance cars before the C6 Vette and the LS2 GTO.

Most 1/4 mile times I've seen on the new LS2 vehicles have been atrocious because of this new Torque Management bullshit.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:20 PM
FormerVendor

I would say that engine break in, LG Pro Longtube headers and air intake will yield another 25 to 30 so we should see in the area of 470 to 475 rwhp very soon. then one of our G7-X series of cams (nice name for a cam right) and tuning when available will get these up beyond what anyone would expect.

the LS7 heads will make all the difference.

LG
Old 09-28-2005, 04:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure that 1 3/4" primaries are the way I would want to go doing headers on a 427ci monster. Are you looking at producing a new set of LGM headers for this motor? I would think larger primaries are definately in order now. Looking forward to your progress.

Todd
Old 09-28-2005, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate to be the bad bearer of news but I think the torque management may have something to do with the independent rear. It is our understanding from our dealer (we are picking up my dad's car this friday, it's at the dealer now) that the driver side half shafts are getting replaced for the time being by a reputable performance shop in Kentucky for GM. Apparently later build date cars have been arriving at dealers prior to the earlier cars because the earlier cars needed the updated halfshaft. I'm not saying that the half shafts are breaking but they are being replaced according to our source of information. This may have everything to do with the excessive amount of torque management that you are experiencing in the z06. I hope gm didn't spend all this time making a world class power plant only to have to limit it with shitty torque management.

Oh, and it is also our understanding that some form of a problem arose with the valve in the muffler.

Only time will tell I guess.

Good numbers guys and great info
Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Livin La Vida Goat

The dyno numbers from LG look legit.

I thought that the numbers from W2W were inflated quite a bit.I know that a mustang dyno is supposed to show less RWHP than a dyno jet but I have seen it work both ways give or take 20HP.(And they only ran it to 6500)

I think with a little break in we will see some strong cars make 450 rwhp 420rwtq.

I think the 505hp rating is pretty darn close (I always rate my drivetrain loss at 12% for the 6spd cars)
Old 09-28-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

link to the w2w dyno results?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c
link to the w2w dyno results?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....8&postcount=18
Old 09-28-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Personally, I wouldn't be inclined to say that either set of dyno numbers (W2W or LGM) is either high or low... there are any number of variables, such as the air temperature (the dyno can correct for air density, but not for timing that was taken out by the ECU due to hot air), humidity (see above explanation), fuel used (we get some sort of molested "oxygenated" gas here in the Dallas area; I honestly don't know what Detroit gets- could be the same for all I know), the number of miles each car had (read: how broken in each of them was), tire pressures, fluid (not just coolant) temps, etc...

Add in normal production variances, and I have no trouble believing that both sets of numbers are accurate.

Just my $.02... take it for what it's worth.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mustang dyno's can be setup to read higher or lower than normal, there are too many variables that must be entered correctly to get the numbers to be accurate.

Dynojets, do not have any methods to alter the numbers, other than the correction factors, which are shown on the dynocharts.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
I would say that engine break in, LG Pro Longtube headers and air intake will yield another 25 to 30 so we should see in the area of 470 to 475 rwhp very soon. then one of our G7-X series of cams (nice name for a cam right) and tuning when available will get these up beyond what anyone would expect.

the LS7 heads will make all the difference.

LG
How did I know it was going to be a monster???

We will get another car in here sat for a new baseline after the car cools. Then we will get a better idea as to the real baseline numbers for the stock Z06
I am sure that most of this will be eliminated with a good tune

LG
Old 09-29-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
Yeah the new Z06 is torquey as hell, but the performance is really going to be hindered by this TM crap. Look at how much trouble stock C6 Vettes and LS2 GTOs are having. The majority of C6s I've seen don't run much better than stock C5 Vettes, and most LS2 GTOs don't run much better than the LS1 GTOs even though they have 50 more HP. I think it's BS that GM does this ****. If I'm going to buy a performance car, I expect it to perform.

The torque managment system was on the C5 Z06 too..someone will figure out how to edit it out of the LS7 PCM in a little a while..
Old 10-01-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't wait to try one on.