Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Oil Sensor problem ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Sensor problem ???

This is in reference to Black8banger's engine transplant. This is a new LS2 engine. Got the motor installed. Got it running but the oil pressure at idle is zero. When you accelerate, the oil pressure comes up. Let off the gas and it goes back to zero. I pulled the oil pressure sending unit off after pulling the intake, etc. I had some pipe work made up so that I could raise the sending unit location (so it could be swapped without pulling the intake) and also had a "tee" put in to run to a mechanical gauge. Well, I guess the threads in the plate are not standard threads....my rig does not fit although the sensor screws in ok. Are pipe fittings available in metric sizes? Where can you find them?
Another question. If the plug on the back of the block fell out, would the oil pressure come up with throttle or would it stay at zero?
I am trying to trouble shoot without tearing everything apart. I would think the o ring in the oil pump suction line is not the problem. We put it in with the motor on the stand so I would not think we screwed that up...but who knows....Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this an LS2 crate engine?

Please provide updates if you figure this out.

I have an LS2 crate engine that goes in next week and I am assuming that I don't need to change anything to get the oil system to pressurize.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is an ls2 short block from tsp with 6.0L heads