Originally Posted by Wnt2Go10o
they can be like the us govt and black out all the cool stuff..lol

Ok here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Spotted: 2 LS7.R engines at Katech!-dscf0930_1.jpg  
Old 01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UMIRacing
Oh come on!!! Pictures for everyone!!!!! LOL Guys, you are not going to see anything in the Katech shop posted on the internet. Do you think you can become the most trusted testing facility for race engine by GM by showing everyone what you have????? Come on, just look at the pics in the tours. Jason already had to blank out a bunch of stuff, there is no way they will release anything, unless GM says they can. And that is rare!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech
Ok here you go.

ok, if you look at the refraction of the light off of the toolchest handle.....................
Old 01-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we make all that power through 2 holes the size of silver dollars. MadBill and Wnt2Go10o are right. We are forced to use the restrictors because we have an unfair advantage. On top of that, this year they have to add quite a bit of weight to the car. We have spent countless hours on our friction load test cell developing ways to reduce friction and parasitic loss on the engine to make the most of the airflow that we have. A 300hp electric motor spins the engine and measures the parasitic loss. We can therefore test different parts, procedures, and coatings to reduce the horsepower loss from friction and send more of that power through the drivetrain.
From what I remember, doesn't the IMSA handbook have a table of restrictor sizes based on engine displacement and power adder depedending on class? Have rul...things been modified for the C6R to...well...even the playing field so to speak? Hasn't Audi gone diesel with the R10, because they are allowed a bigger restrictor size in doing so (not to mention the theoretically better fuel milage).

If anyone is interested, you can probably find the rule book here: http://www.imsaracing.net/

After a quick glance, I was able to see what GT1 cars have been homologated and any changes to the rules?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UMIRacing
Oh come on!!! Pictures for everyone!!!!! LOL Guys, you are not going to see anything in the Katech shop posted on the internet. Do you think you can become the most trusted testing facility for race engine by GM by showing everyone what you have????? Come on, just look at the pics in the tours. Jason already had to blank out a bunch of stuff, there is no way they will release anything, unless GM says they can. And that is rare!!!
When I worked for Flying Lizard a few summers ago, slinging tires, I just so happened to be working the race at Infineon when Dale Jr's C5R burnt up. Another member of the team (FLMS) went up to the shop (Lizards are based out of Infineon) and found the destroyed car out front. He successfully took a few pictures, only for them to be erased by an overpowering and very mean PR lady. I'm not sure if he had the right to take the pictures or GM had the right to take them away (intellectual property, yet in a public place and uncovered).
Old 01-25-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moridin
When I worked for Flying Lizard a few summers ago, slinging tires, I just so happened to be working the race at Infineon when Dale Jr's C5R burnt up. Another member of the team (FLMS) went up to the shop (Lizards are based out of Infineon) and found the destroyed car out front. He successfully took a few pictures, only for them to be erased by an overpowering and very mean PR lady. I'm not sure if he had the right to take the pictures or GM had the right to take them away (intellectual property, yet in a public place and uncovered).

its times like that, that i get kicked out of places because i wont delete pics just because someone says to....

ive been kicked out of pits, tracks, and even walmart...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

audi wenbt deisel for several reasons. first was am inderpendent was doing really well last year using a heavaly modded V10 turbo deisel (from the big VW 4x4), thtas was untill the gearbox let go!!! the torque (about 850lbs ft i think) is insane and they think it will do another lap per tank which is a big advantage!

from what i have heard the engine is really good. very smooth and increadably quiet! so much so its hard for the drivers to hear what the engine is doing over the gearbox!

as for the restrictor size im not sure. but there is no dout they will come along and make them mod something if it gets a bit easy, a bit like they did the inlet manifold of the Prodrive 550 a couple of years ago, and the C5R intake aswell.

Chris.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chuntington101
audi wenbt deisel for several reasons. first was am inderpendent was doing really well last year using a heavaly modded V10 turbo deisel (from the big VW 4x4), thtas was untill the gearbox let go!!! the torque (about 850lbs ft i think) is insane and they think it will do another lap per tank which is a big advantage!

from what i have heard the engine is really good. very smooth and increadably quiet! so much so its hard for the drivers to hear what the engine is doing over the gearbox!

as for the restrictor size im not sure. but there is no dout they will come along and make them mod something if it gets a bit easy, a bit like they did the inlet manifold of the Prodrive 550 a couple of years ago, and the C5R intake aswell.

Chris.
Yeah, I read about that. Team Taurus or something of the like and the motor was out of a Toureg. I'm pretty sure Audi was given them a hand here and there, because I think the R10 engine development program has been in development for a few years.

I just looked up restrictor sizes. In the P1 group, you can run two 39.9mm restrictors with diesel compared to 32.4 mm with a gas motor. This doesn't even count the fact to the gas engines are limited to 4.0L where the diesel can go to 5.5L with greater boost pressure.

Last edited by Moridin; 01-26-2006 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I read about that. Team Taurus or something of the like and the motor was out of a Toureg. I'm pretty sure Audi was given them a hand here and there, because I think the R10 engine development program has been in development for a few years.

I just looked up restrictor sizes. In the P1 group, you can run two 39.9mm restrictors with diesel compared to 32.4 mm with a gas motor. This doesn't even count the fact to the gas engines are limited to 4.0L where the diesel can go to 5.5L with greater boost pressure.
is boost limited as well?????

thought they would just run restrictors like wrc do! then again the deisel guys would walk it with 1000lbsft + of torque in the mid range. run a veriable speed transmition (gona have to be big for the torque) or a DSG style twin clutch system and the gas fuel guys wouldn't stand a chance!

Chris.

PS. i think i heard about Audi running particle fillters aswell! is this the first form of "clean" racing??????
Old 01-27-2006, 08:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by hrsspwr
I didn't even think to ask about a tour when I was there picking up my tensioner from you guys. Maybe some day when I purchase your valve covers I've been drooling over.
Now is the time

Group buy:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/443687-katech-valve-covers-coil-relocation-group-buy.html
Old 01-27-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, we can sell that intake or something similar.
Okay......I'm really curious. Ballpark on the Intake system or something similar?? Thanks!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bink
Okay......I'm really curious. Ballpark on the Intake system or something similar?? Thanks!

Harrop makes one around $4000 I think.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chuntington101
is boost limited as well?????

thought they would just run restrictors like wrc do! then again the deisel guys would walk it with 1000lbsft + of torque in the mid range. run a veriable speed transmition (gona have to be big for the torque) or a DSG style twin clutch system and the gas fuel guys wouldn't stand a chance!

Chris.

PS. i think i heard about Audi running particle fillters aswell! is this the first form of "clean" racing??????
Yeah, boost is limited as well.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok here you go.
i guess its better to be a smartass than a dumbass
usually that would be a violation of freedom of speech/press. its one thing when they ask nicely to not take pics but its another to take someones **** and delete it..
Old 04-14-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did anyone happen to be in downtown Ft. Worth today? i was there on about 6th or 7th street there was a small showing of the chevy racing team, they had the c6.r along with some nascar and drag cars they also had the ls7.r on display personally i didnt think it looked at all like a lsx at first glance because it didnt have coil on plug and the intake is just too cool for school those carbon fiber stacks are nice i also happened to notice the block was stamped katech (along w/ everything else) but could this be a new aftermarket lsx block in the future?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Launching!

Check out the Katech promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nIG0CrYFbw
Old 04-15-2007, 11:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Did anyone happen to be in downtown Ft. Worth today? i was there on about 6th or 7th street there was a small showing of the chevy racing team, they had the c6.r along with some nascar and drag cars they also had the ls7.r on display personally i didnt think it looked at all like a lsx at first glance because it didnt have coil on plug and the intake is just too cool for school those carbon fiber stacks are nice i also happened to notice the block was stamped katech (along w/ everything else) but could this be a new aftermarket lsx block in the future?

The LS7.R block will never be available to the public.

Quick Reply: Spotted: 2 LS7.R engines at Katech!