Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 Head Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92 Head Questions

Does anyone know the answers to any of the following questions:

1. What is the casting number on the L92 Heads?
2. What is the P/N for heads with valves (probably includes springs and retainers)? Note: the bare head P/N is 12582714, that much we know.
3. What are the flow rates for the as cast heads? GM Hi-Performance asserted that ported heads would yield 280 CFM @ .400" and 350 CFM @ .600" on the intake. I'm interested to find out about the stock I/E flows.
4. Will standard and aftermarket beehive style LS Series springs and retainers work on these heads?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 03-09-2006, 03:47 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT
A number of people have looked (54 at this writing), does anyone have any thoughts on any of these questions? I'm sure that a number of people must be curious about the same things.

I'm also interested in intake and exhaust runner port volume. These heads look extremely easy to to a little clean-up porting by hand from what I've seen.

Steve
Old 03-09-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
TTT
A number of people have looked (54 at this writing), does anyone have any thoughts on any of these questions? I'm sure that a number of people must be curious about the same things.

I'm also interested in intake and exhaust runner port volume. These heads look extremely easy to to a little clean-up porting by hand from what I've seen.

Steve
yea, im probly a good 3 or 5 of thoes views.... im really intrested myself, but i dont have the heads infront of me yet to find these things out...
mostly, because im waiting for the answer to #2 there... along with the info i need for that holden intake/fuel rails... and the rocker and retainer info.

as much as id like to be a helpful pioneer with this, im too budget limited to spend that much and not know if it'll work.
for example, i THINK #4 is true.. they look like the same springs.. but if im wrong, thats another chunk of change to fix that problem..