Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Shirl Dickey 418cid LS2 results! Also need FAST intake/LS2 TB/Roller rockers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Expect about ~25RWHP after the conversion. YMMV.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/471053-524-rwhp-w-fast-tb.html

I know Joe Herrington made 65 RWHP with a switch from 1 3/4 to 1 7/8, and swapping a FAST90 in place of an LS6 on a 422.

Hey Jarrod!! Havent chatted with you in a while!! How things going man? Ping me with a private email sometime to catch up. anyway, Are you talking peak # or power #s under the curve? Either way, a 25rwhp gain, while always nice, is a low expectation in gain when opening up the intake side of such motor with such a HUGE cam like ours. The initial 500+rwhp dyno's on this motor clearly showed the telltale signs of running out of air at our greatest VE efficiency(aka- peak hp curve); we literally had no peak!! from 4800-6000 the curve was flat as if with drawn with a flat edged ruler. This is a clear indication of running out of air flow. To lend to this, the cam/motor was nosing over at 6100 when such a cam should still be pulling well beyond that. We feel pretty certain the bottleneck is the stock LS6 intake and TB. Also, converting from hyd valvetrain to solid roller will eek out all the available airflow that this camshaft has in it across the entire rpm band. I would be disappointed if the combo of both intake and solid upgrades + tuning did not make at least a peak HP gain of 75rwhp with even more gains under the curve. It will be a few weeks before all is done, tuned and dyno-tested, but I will definitely start a new post to give props to Shirl Dickey.

Robert

Last edited by nitrousc5; 03-30-2006 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

thats impressive, i hope for the 9';s for you guys too!!! remember me when your seeking the third 418 ls2 build, only im going witha shortblock from shirl, and of course the 90fast and nick williams 90tb!!! ttys
Old 04-14-2006, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

I just finished installing and wiring in one of Shirl's ported LS2 intake manifolds and LS2 TB's: WOW. Airflow through the old LS6 intake and TB was definitely a major problem, if not the whole problem!! We havent dyno'd the car again yet, but I have great expectations. The car now runs like a scalded ape. The client will likely be getting on the dyno again in the next week or so.

Robert

Quick Reply: Shirl Dickey 418cid LS2 results! Also need FAST intake/LS2 TB/Roller rockers