Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ETP LS7 dyno/track results?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006 | 12:58 PM
On The Tree

what about that harrop does it come with TB's

and I talked to LME in houston and they have someone that makes custom sheet metal intakes for less than the harrop.
Old 05-12-2006 | 05:18 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by blown2kss

and I talked to LME in houston and they have someone that makes custom sheet metal intakes for less than the harrop.
Yup it comes with 8 small TB's in the intake, as stated above.
Old 05-12-2006 | 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

It's an individual throttlebody setup. Vastly superior to a FAST or LS7 intake manifold.
Old 05-12-2006 | 09:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by baldurann
It's an individual throttlebody setup. Vastly superior to a FAST or LS7 intake manifold.

Its cool, until you have to put an air intake on it, then its margianly better than the fast from what I understand talking to thier techs..... the trick to that intake is building a cold air that works for it, or run without the air boxes.
Old 05-12-2006 | 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

ITB's are superior to single inlet TB's, sheetmetal or not. It's just the fact that no one wants to fork over the dough to make one work. Hence were I step in.

Originally Posted by Nickn20
Its cool, until you have to put an air intake on it, then its margianly better than the fast from what I understand talking to thier techs..... the trick to that intake is building a cold air that works for it, or run without the air boxes.
That happens when you put THEIR intake on it. Their intake pretty much turns it back into a normal manifold where all the TB's feed from one air inlet source, and where they run into restriction problems. I hopefully plan to work around this with single air filters on each trumpet.
Old 05-13-2006 | 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
ITB's are superior to single inlet TB's, sheetmetal or not. It's just the fact that no one wants to fork over the dough to make one work. Hence were I step in.

That happens when you put THEIR intake on it. Their intake pretty much turns it back into a normal manifold where all the TB's feed from one air inlet source, and where they run into restriction problems. I hopefully plan to work around this with single air filters on each trumpet.
That's really alot of $$$ and work for an air intake...

don't you think you would've gotten much more power (and for probably around the same cost) just going with a supercharger or something??
Old 05-13-2006 | 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
That's really alot of $$$ and work for an air intake...

don't you think you would've gotten much more power (and for probably around the same cost) just going with a supercharger or something??
Sure, but what fun is being normal? S/C also equals about another $2k for a quality kit, and cluter in the engine bay. I'm trying to make my set-up as simple as possible. I also really want to see what these cars can do with a REAL intake manifold on them. Mild 427's have shown 70rwhp gains over a FAST manifold, so my "wild" 454 should show more than that. The money portion isn't the issue to me. I don't mind paying for a quality part that does what it should, plus I was tired of people talking about this intake instead of using it. It was time for someone in the US to fit it to an F-body, and once I do, I'm sure quite a few others will follow suit. The problem is getting people to spend this much money without knowing if it will fit, but I feel I can make it work.
Old 05-13-2006 | 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Sure, but what fun is being normal? S/C also equals about another $2k for a quality kit, and cluter in the engine bay. I'm trying to make my set-up as simple as possible. I also really want to see what these cars can do with a REAL intake manifold on them. Mild 427's have shown 70rwhp gains over a FAST manifold, so my "wild" 454 should show more than that. The money portion isn't the issue to me. I don't mind paying for a quality part that does what it should, plus I was tired of people talking about this intake instead of using it. It was time for someone in the US to fit it to an F-body, and once I do, I'm sure quite a few others will follow suit. The problem is getting people to spend this much money without knowing if it will fit, but I feel I can make it work.
Cool. Well I wish you luck in your quest ... I have a feeling you're going to end up being real happy with it.
Old 05-13-2006 | 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is there any video of a harrop equipped car ? I'd love to hear the crisp throttle response and what they sound like !?
Old 05-13-2006 | 05:35 PM
Teching In

Having some experience and seeing what effects these manifold have i would not fit the harrop with the filter boxes and they will effect max power reading. You will see anywhere between 20-30lbs of torque from fast manifold.
Old 05-13-2006 | 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 11sHSV
Having some experience and seeing what effects these manifold have i would not fit the harrop with the filter boxes and they will effect max power reading. You will see anywhere between 20-30lbs of torque from fast manifold.
The Harrop boxes won't fit the F-body chasis. See my solution in post 45 of this thread.

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Is there any video of a harrop equipped car ? I'd love to hear the crisp throttle response and what they sound like !?
J-rod had a video up a while back. Search for threads/posts by him and you should find it.
Old 05-15-2006 | 08:42 AM
On The Tree

do the filter individual air filters come with the manifold as well...
Old 05-15-2006 | 10:41 PM
TECH Veteran

do the filter individual air filters come with the manifold as well...
No, there not needed in the Australian units becuase they have the correct air boxes for those cars. Those air boxes will not fit the F-body, even if you wanted to run them. I had to have some things changed on my intake so hopefully I could run the individual filters. The individual filters is my idea and what I'm gunna try and make work. It's pretty much talk until I get the intake here to see what I can do with it. I got some pictures of it on the CNC machine the other day, so hopefully they'll have it to me shortly.
Old 05-16-2006 | 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Hey beast96Z for some reason I thought you had a c5 with 454 in it.
And when do plan on having this motor running and tuned.

I still need to change my name and pic since i no longer have the SS and now have a zo6. I am going to be building my 427 with a warhawk block in the winter, with as much power as possible N/A on pump gas.
Old 05-16-2006 | 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

When you run an air box over ITBs it is not the same as having a single TB in front of a large chamber to individual runners. The openning is arbitrarily large. It serves as ducting for a smooth flow of outside air, rather than the turbulent mess under the hood.

Individual air filter over each ITB are very small, and frequently don't have very much area. In a single TB system, the entire large air filter is used for only 1 or 2 cylinders at a time.
Old 05-16-2006 | 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Plus with a box you can feed in cool air to it... with individual filters you're going to be sucking in hot air.
Old 05-16-2006 | 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I still like the Boost Performance intake I posted. One TB for each bank, and only $1500.
Old 05-16-2006 | 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Any links?
Old 05-16-2006 | 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wet 1
Any links?
I'll send you a pm. They can make the intake a single or double plenum, or change the lid for a supercharger or carb. I posted it in the internal engine section and a mod was complaining about it, unlike the Harrop so I yanked it They have alot of neat stuff.
Old 05-20-2006 | 05:53 PM

If it's any help to anyone, I received my ETP LS7 heads (4.00" bore) yesterday. They told me 6-8 weeks, I expected 8 weeks, and they arrived at my door in just shy of 10 weeks from the date I ordered them. Craig said there was some sort of shipping error with the PSI springs, so they needed to reorder them or something, which is what took the extra time. Honestly not too shabby though.

They look amazing, the CNC work looks great (very purdy haha), and the PSI valve springs I upgraded to look super heavy duty. I don't have any pictures yet since my digi cam appears to be MIA ... but I will definately upload some as soon as I find it. Unfortunately the heads will not be on the car for another few weeks, so I won't have numbers for awhile ... We shall see.

Quick Reply: ETP LS7 dyno/track results?