Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 engine Vs the World

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can say what you wont! your never gonna beable to buy a ferrari, lamborghini or porcshe from the foctory with a LSx engine in it!

now you can get a mosler MT900 with one in the back and you could build an ultima GTR with one in the back!

im sorry but i really dont see where this is going! no one in the world is going to agrue with you about the LSx being a biger bang per buck engine! its clear for all to see! but your NEVER going to get the exsotica companies to even consider to even think about using one either!!!

sorry to rant on but could someone please explain where this is going!

Chris.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
you can say what you wont! your never gonna beable to buy a ferrari, lamborghini or porcshe from the foctory with a LSx engine in it!

now you can get a mosler MT900 with one in the back and you could build an ultima GTR with one in the back!

im sorry but i really dont see where this is going! no one in the world is going to agrue with you about the LSx being a biger bang per buck engine! its clear for all to see! but your NEVER going to get the exsotica companies to even consider to even think about using one either!!!

sorry to rant on but could someone please explain where this is going!

Chris.

You are talking to me?
First thing we are not comparing cars... We are comparing "engines"...
We are not saying that the LS7 is the best engine in the world....
Simply put we are just looking at the powerbands produced by the best "production" engines out there and comparing them to the LS7. The LS7 got beaten by at least 4 engines in the TQ department and faired avg among all of them in the HP department. We are not saying the LS7 is the best engine in the world in anyway. Its just interesting to see the graph.
As i said in the 1st post... its not a scientific research so take it as is.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
You are talking to me?
First thing we are not comparing cars... We are comparing "engines"...
We are not saying that the LS7 is the best engine in the world....
Simply put we are just looking at the powerbands produced by the best "production" engines out there and comparing them to the LS7. The LS7 got beaten by at least 4 engines in the TQ department and faired avg among all of them in the HP department. We are not saying the LS7 is the best engine in the world in anyway. Its just interesting to see the graph.
As i said in the 1st post... its not a scientific research so take it as is.
sorry mate got the wrong end of the stick! just read everyone going off saying if you did this to the ls7 its would blow everything away and what about cost!

again im sorry, i should have read your post properally!

Chris.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, not bad for "ancient" pushrod technology with "low tech" two valve heads.

I know we're not talking about the cars they go in, but it should be mentioned that the exotic cars are really heavy too
Old 05-21-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Third Gear
Nice, not bad for "ancient" pushrod technology with "low tech" two valve heads.

I know we're not talking about the cars they go in, but it should be mentioned that the exotic cars are really heavy too
yeah unfortunatly over the oast few years exsotca has been getting heavier and heavier! there are still cars like the Zinda that get the weight down but then the exspence goes through the roof!

Quick Reply: LS7 engine Vs the World