Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

converting Oill Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting Oill Sending Unit

Im converting my engine from an LS1 to an LS2 Now my question is should i buy a harness for the oil sending unit cause the Plug in harness is different from the LS1 to LS2. Or should i just take the Oil sending Unit off the LS1 and put it on the LS2 engine ? My other question is if i take the one off the LS1 that means it wouldnt send as much oil to the LS2 and that wouldnt be good , what should i do about this ?
Old 06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BadLtBlu99TA
Im converting my engine from an LS1 to an LS2 Now my question is should i buy a harness for the oil sending unit cause the Plug in harness is different from the LS1 to LS2. Or should i just take the Oil sending Unit off the LS1 and put it on the LS2 engine ? My other question is if i take the one off the LS1 that means it wouldnt send as much oil to the LS2 and that wouldnt be good , what should i do about this ?

As said in my 3 other posts. Put the LS1 oil sending unit in the LS2 valley cover.

And I really don't understand this question:

Originally Posted by BadLtBlu99TA
My other question is if i take the one off the LS1 that means it wouldnt send as much oil to the LS2 and that wouldnt be good , what should i do about this ?