Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

SERIOUSLY! I am ready to pay for my parts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyWs62FaST4u
SLED is gonna build me a 412, oh yes. I see it happening. lol.
It'll be a beast.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Resident

Nelson Racing engines does build LSX motors however they are somewhat late getting into the game but I have plenty of confidence that their motors can and will perform. If you have never heard of them you need to get out of your foxhole or something haha. However I have the same confidence in shops like W2W neither would be a bad choice. Don't start badmouthing NRE though they are a VERY well known shop. Anybody who builds motors that go out and compete and win Drag Week knows what they are doing.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Quicken....not sure who you are, but I don't believe I provided a quote to you. Perhaps it was someone else that worked here before me. Since we built an entire car for the price you mentioned above, I really doubt you have a quote in your hands for $120k for an engine and TT setup. If you do, please post it up.

I am not here to bash your choices. I am sure NRE does stellar work, and I am happy that you are happy with using them. W2W is more of an LSx based shop. It is primarily what we do. We have more experience with these engines than any other shop (exception may be Katech). Not saying our work can't be replicated by others, but we do have facts and accomplishments to back up what we say, not just the kind words of our supporters.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Quickin
A handful, you might want to order a re-count Outlaw 10.5 or whatever, there's a shitload of cars in this country going 6's and 7's. It just takes cash to go that fast, THATS IT. Anyone with money can have someone build it.

I named 7... you have any more? Lynch and Brand have raced ORSCA before.... and it's not just money. Ask all of the people like Chip Havemann with megabuck rides that haven't broken into the 6's yet... it's a matter of chassis and motor tuning as well as driving. It's the whole package. These cars are not consistantly in the 6's, not by a wild stretch of the imagination. Then again, 3000+ pounds on skinny tires might not be the easiest thing to get down the track either.

Last edited by Andrew91GT; 11-09-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by pist0lpete
Nelson Racing engines does build LSX motors however they are somewhat late getting into the game but I have plenty of confidence that their motors can and will perform. If you have never heard of them you need to get out of your foxhole or something haha. However I have the same confidence in shops like W2W neither would be a bad choice. Don't start badmouthing NRE though they are a VERY well known shop. Anybody who builds motors that go out and compete and win Drag Week knows what they are doing.
Thats the thing, most people are stuck in interent forums where all they know are the sponsors. Theirs so many shops out there that build top of the line engines and have MUCH more experience, like FTM for instance, Fast Time Motorworks who also builds LSx engines, turbo and sc'ed packages that will KILL anything the sponsors have at almost half the price. Half the price, thats right, I have a quote from them too. 1,000 HP pump gas BBC with a 6 psi small Procharger ($28,000) or an LSx engine with a single turbo making 1,200 HP for about the same price, also pump gas and a safe tune.

Thats another thing, all the sponsors and people here seem to be pushing the limits with pump gas at 600-800 hp and blowing up motors. NRE is running RICH tuned TT engines at 1,300 hp and FTM is way over 1,000 hp too. FTM builds LSx engines and is also going to be building Warhawk engines at great prices. Experience with what really works is the key.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Reckless
Quicken....not sure who you are, but I don't believe I provided a quote to you. Perhaps it was someone else that worked here before me. Since we built an entire car for the price you mentioned above, I really doubt you have a quote in your hands for $120k for an engine and TT setup. If you do, please post it up.

I am not here to bash your choices. I am sure NRE does stellar work, and I am happy that you are happy with using them. W2W is more of an LSx based shop. It is primarily what we do. We have more experience with these engines than any other shop (exception may be Katech). Not saying our work can't be replicated by others, but we do have facts and accomplishments to back up what we say, not just the kind words of our supporters.

No disrespect intended, you're certainly a top shop. Thats why I went to you for a quote. You and Katech, thats it. But sometimes pricing makes the whole thing a very bad deal. Just trying to get across that people can't keep from saying who the best shops in the world are because they have an engine from them and because they have the fastest this-or-that.

PM sent.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/598520-gmr-speed-turn-key-twin-turbo-winter-special-cant-miss-one.html
Old 11-09-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

GMR Twin Turbo turn key package...cant beat that price...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just trying to get across that people can't keep from saying who the best shops in the world are because they have an engine from them and because they have the fastest this-or-that.
LOL, unbelievable...I recommended W2W because I have personal experience with them. I went to them because they have consistenly built motors that have lasted pass after pass, at the 1000+ hp level, and they just happen to have the fastest LSx based 1/4 mile pass.

You keep bringing up shops that you haven't built a motor with and keep telling everyone how superior they are. I have asked 3 times whether you have had either a motor or setup built by them and there has never been an answer...WHY? Do you or do you not have any PERSONAL experience (ie. YOU SPENT MONEY HAVING A MOTOR/SETUP BUILT) with these shops? Where is your 1500hp street car? If it's so simple, what is the problem?

So, while you are trying to keep people from saying that one shop or another is the best, when they have the personal experience to back up a recommendation...You recommend places that you have never used for a build that cost tens of thousands of $$$, and you are recommending that the guy switch engine platforms.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

It'll be a beast.
I agree! And tell all your friends!!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for any and all your help with this, the final product we all believe came out to be a wonderful deal, and a great choice for the future of my build...
But now-vote in my poll on FI, since i have had all your help when i was choosing the otor setup..Im now paying for my FI kit... vote!
(I'm going to be so broke...Lol)
Old 11-14-2006, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
We have two boost motors built. They have the same components as the Twin Turbo C6 of ours that makes 998rwhp. It will have the Severe Duty Forgings Mahle -30cc boost pistons, ARP 2000 rod bolts on Scat H-beam rods, Eagle Cranks and ARP Main Studs. Let me know if your interested in this motor!!

Zach
if hes not i may be...can ya give me more info on this?? how much? cubes?just the short block right? thanx Zach.

Quick Reply: SERIOUSLY! I am ready to pay for my parts!!!