Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 aftermarket valvetrain?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006 | 06:10 PM
9 Second Club NA

Default L92 aftermarket valvetrain?

Just wondering if anyone is in the process of making aftermarket parts for the L92 heads. I know off hand that the exhaust rockers on these heads are the same as LS1s, however, it would kinda be weird to have half aftermarket rockers and half stock. Does anyone know what kind of power/rpms the rocker arms support?

Springs/retainers/keepers
Rocker arms
Valves
Old 11-09-2006 | 07:29 PM
9 Second Club NA

I did some reading on another thread about the L92 heads and they have the same springs, retainers, and locks as the LS1. So I assume that aftermarket valvespring kits will work. If that's the case, what spring kit do ya'll recommend? I'm not sure what the aftermarket companies/vendors are going to offer with their reworked L92 heads once they release them. I ran the Patriot Gold dual spring kit on my old setup and it seemed to be a popular item, but that was some time ago. New and better parts are always coming out so something may have taken its place since then. I know back then, it was hard to beat the Patriot Gold dual spring kit because of its price and the parts that it came with (.650 dual springs, super 7 locks, titanium retainers, and no special machining required).
Old 11-09-2006 | 10:03 PM
Banned

Seeing as there really isn't even a readily available manifold companies probably aren't rushing to get valvetrain parts to the market. I wouldn't worry about running the stock rockers. Just send em to Nate@Nasty Performance and he can do the HS mod to em to eliminate any reliability problems. As for aftermarket valves, I know there is a company making them, they just haven't hit market yet. Richard@WCCH mentioned it so you may want to pm him.

Nate
Old 11-10-2006 | 12:25 AM
9 Second Club NA

Aren't the L76 intake manifolds becoming available? I know you can buy them bare or complete with rails, injectors, and throttle body. Not sure how many of either one that SDPC has in stock, but I know they're starting to come in. I believe even a member here on the board just recently posted a carb style manifold for the L92 heads.

Why shouldn't I worry about running the stock rockers? What's the HS mod?
Old 11-10-2006 | 01:35 AM
Banned

Yes there the L76 manifold has gotten to a few select sponsors, but it is not readily available.

HS rockers=Harland sharp mod. If you pm Nate@Nasty Performance he can give you the full details on what he does to the rockers. I think his post name is NastyN8 on here.

Nate
Old 11-10-2006 | 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

It shouldnt matter what vlaves or springs or anything is out for them. A good head machinist can make anything work. Thats where im going with mine. but then again, my setup isnt just bolt on a top end package. Its quality high end parts to last and make reliable power.
Old 11-10-2006 | 10:19 AM
9 Second Club NA

Nate_Taufer, so there are other people/sponsors that are performing a mod to these rockers that Harlan Sharp does? I wasn't aware that just anyone could do it, I thought it had to be a dedicated valvetrain company. Do you think its possible to do this mod to the offest L92 specific intake rockers?

V6 Bird, never thought about machining the heads for whatever valvespring or valve I wanted. I'm sure once they heads starte becoming available in a reworked version, they'll have upgraded valvetrain.
Old 11-10-2006 | 10:32 AM
On The Tree

The intake is readily available, some of the sponsors might not have it yet however, I called a dealership the other day and they said they could have one in about three buisness days if i wanted it. I'm sure it will be soon now before all the sponsors have them.
Old 11-11-2006 | 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by garrettpen
The intake is readily available, some of the sponsors might not have it yet however, I called a dealership the other day and they said they could have one in about three buisness days if i wanted it. I'm sure it will be soon now before all the sponsors have them.

Dealerships say alot of things
Old 11-12-2006 | 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dame
Dealerships say alot of things
Yep.
Call Gene @ Fred Beans (gculley@fredbeans.com or 484.931.4800)- he says he has them in this post. -> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...4&postcount=31

from this thread ->http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1521569&page=2
Old 11-15-2006 | 03:22 PM
9 Second Club NA

Ok...I'm sure its just around the corner before sponsors and aftermarket head companies start offering reworked L92 heads.

So if the L92 head shares the same springs, retainers, and locks as the LS1, then any aftermarket LS1 valvespring package will work. Patriot recently released a new and improved dual gold spring kit that's even better than the old kit. So this may be a good option.

Then, sending the rockers (8-L92 intake rockers/8-LS1 exhaust rockers) to Harlan Sharp for rebuilds.

I think those 2 options would be a killer setup and affordable as well.
Old 11-16-2006 | 01:36 PM
On The Tree

I Agree.

Quick Reply: L92 aftermarket valvetrain?