Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Anyone running larger than 427 on street??

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats good to hear! Finally you can have peace and mind with running a big cube for a DD!!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
Thats good to hear! Finally you can have peace and mind with running a big cube for a DD!!!!
Not "finally" my engine was built in 2002. If I pull it and re-hone and re-ring it, it'll be good as new.

It'll be for sale soon Add some LS7 heads, LS7 intake and a little bigger cam and you'll have over 600 RWHP. Heads were completely rebuilt in April.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Launching!

When were the new longer sleeves put into play just wondering if i have the longer versions?
Old 11-25-2006, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reckless
We are building a 455 right now for a GTO.....details later after completion. We have done a few over 427 inches....one of which isin Ryan Hiner's Camaro (444cid) which rearely sees drag strip use, but often can be seen cruising the Detroit area streets.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...vrolet_camaro/
that is one bad ****, great craftsmanship and style, nice work
Old 11-25-2006, 04:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by chevydan
When were the new longer sleeves put into play just wondering if i have the longer versions?
I believe a matter of months, not sure. Steve at www.raceenginedevelopment.com (sponsor) helped design them with Darton and they are 5.800" long, max bore of 4.185. Call him, he'll tell you whatever it is you want to know about them.
He's doing my resleeved LS7 block.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Quickin
I sure hope LME can get more than 535 RWHP with a 427. 535 is a joke.
If I remember right, didn't your 436 make a good bit less than 500 rwhp?

-Russell
Old 11-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Launching!

I believe a matter of months, not sure. Steve at www.raceenginedevelopment.com (sponsor) helped design them with Darton and they are 5.800" long, max bore of 4.185. Call him, he'll tell you whatever it is you want to know about them.
He's doing my resleeved LS7 block.

Quick my botton end was done by erik at hpe bout 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. Its a 427 the stroke is not as long as your 436 so will i encounter the same longevity problem?
Old 11-26-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RHall8612
If I remember right, didn't your 436 make a good bit less than 500 rwhp?

-Russell
It also had parts from 5 years ago and they were from A.R.E. That's 2 strikes.......

Originally Posted by chevydan
Quick my botton end was done by erik at hpe bout 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. Its a 427 the stroke is not as long as your 436 so will i encounter the same longevity problem?
If Erik built it, you'll have no problems. Yours has a 4" stroke anyway, so your less likley to develop a problem like quickin's. You should be fine for many miles to come.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
It also had parts from 5 years ago and they were from A.R.E. That's 2 strikes.......
Well, the issue I was getting at was if it's that easy, then why doesn't his car do it? Plus Quickin changes "setups" every 3 days or so. A week ago he wanted a BBC TT C6. A week before that he wanted a BBC in his car that he has. Before that he wanted 1500rwhp in any way, shape, or form that he could get it. Before that he wanted an 8000rpm LS7 motor. Now he's "doing" a 447 and already talking about the power. I just get sick of the hype.

-Russell
Old 11-29-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RHall8612
Well, the issue I was getting at was if it's that easy, then why doesn't his car do it? Plus Quickin changes "setups" every 3 days or so. A week ago he wanted a BBC TT C6. A week before that he wanted a BBC in his car that he has. Before that he wanted 1500rwhp in any way, shape, or form that he could get it. Before that he wanted an 8000rpm LS7 motor. Now he's "doing" a 447 and already talking about the power. I just get sick of the hype.

-Russell
Its not hype you moron, its called research. Crack a book and learn what words mean before you try to use them. I'm "asking" about different "set-ups", I'm not "changing" ****. You're the same type of fool who was all over me 5 years ago when I was researching which stroker engine to get, I asked a million different questions and finally got what I wanted.

Don't be a jealous punk, it makes you look bad.

Last edited by Quickin; 11-29-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
One thing everyone fails to realize is: the fact that the only, single thing I've ever had wrong with my engine was a "bad tune" in the beginning, that washed my rings. The long stroke in those short sleeves over time requires a rehone and rering. As far as the engine, parts and build quality, its almsot 5 years old and still runs smooth as glass, silent, strong as hell and has zero signs of anything wrong. After 4 years I changed the head gaskets and had the heads rebuilt, pretty good for a 436 stroker built that long ago. I'd say ARE built a GREAT engine. Unlike the MTI, LPE and other engines I've seen at Norris Motorsports and a couple shops in Lauderdale with blown N/A engines, bad heads, rattling noises when idling, getting repaired by these other shops. The builder I'm using in Lauderdale fixes alot of the sponsors crap work too. I was using about 1 cup of coolant every week or two but that stopped after I did the head gaskets.

Who else has a 5 year old stroker engine with way over 100,000 miles, that travels to and from Orlando-Lauderdale every weekend (210 mile trip, 420 total miles), still gets in the mid 20's for hwy gas mileage and still runs GREAT.
Good ****** luck finding one.

NOONE that I see.

Last edited by Quickin; 11-29-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Its not hype you moron, its called research. Crack a book and learn what words mean before you try to use them. I'm "asking" about different "set-ups", I'm not "changing" ****. You're the same type of fool who was all over me 5 years ago when I was researching which stroker engine to get, I asked a million different questions and finally got what I wanted.

Don't be a jealous punk, it makes you look bad.

Does that 200 mph speedometer make you faster?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Andrew91GT
Does that 200 mph speedometer make you faster?
Now how can a speedo make you go faster Its just when I do 175-180mph blasts I know how fast I'm going. Man, the people here just get dumber and dumber.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing everyone fails to realize is: the fact that the only, single thing I've ever had wrong with my engine was a "bad tune" in the beginning, that washed my rings. The long stroke in those short sleeves over time requires a rehone and rering. As far as the engine, parts and build quality, its almsot 5 years old and still runs smooth as glass, silent, strong as hell and has zero signs of anything wrong. After 4 years I changed the head gaskets and had the heads rebuilt, pretty good for a 436 stroker built that long ago. I'd say ARE built a GREAT engine. Unlike the MTI, LPE and other engines I've seen at Norris Motorsports and a couple shops in Lauderdale with blown N/A engines, bad heads, rattling noises when idling, getting repaired by these other shops. The builder I'm using in Lauderdale fixes alot of the sponsors crap work too. I was using about 1 cup of coolant every week or two but that stopped after I did the head gaskets.

Who else has a 5 year old stroker engine with way over 100,000 miles, that travels to and from Orlando-Lauderdale every weekend (210 mile trip, 420 total miles), still gets in the mid 20's for hwy gas mileage and still runs GREAT.
Good ****** luck finding one.

NOONE that I see.

I didn't say that in refrence to your motor being junk. It's obviously doing what it was intended to do. I said that in refrence to the other guy cracking on your HP number. I said you had "parts" meaning heads/intake/cam, from 5 years ago. In no way shape or form are they on par with whats out there today or you wouldn't be building another motor. Try not to take everything as a bash, I was actually trying to defend your car.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:59 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now how can a speedo make you go faster Its just when I do 175-180mph blasts I know how fast I'm going. Man, the people here just get dumber and dumber.

Quickin , what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Quickin, your trans am sounds like beast. Just curious though, how come your doing a 447 instead of going somthing all out like a 454 small block stroker or perhaps somthing bigger?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Quickin , what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Although I find that funny as hell, you stole it from the movie "The girl next door"
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

That same line was in Billy Madison too
Old 12-02-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we piling on....

Last edited by WKMCD; 12-03-2006 at 05:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone running larger than 427 on street??