Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Future Engine Build!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BRO,

Great cam selection for sure I like it!!

You have the most cost effective high performance LSX style longblock I have seen to date, and I think you will see many people going this route in coming months.

Way cool bro and best of luck to you on reaching all your goals and that you are going to have one big on your face after that bad boy gets installed and tuned into your Z06!!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Teching In

So are you going with the 6.125 connecting rods? Is it worth it to bore just .005? Also, does the way that you're building your heads help that much more than a set that is factory? What size rocker arms did you go with on the intake? Didn't you go with the 1.7s im guessing on the exhaust? Is there any places where I can get the block from rather than ebay?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vettefever17
So are you going with the 6.125 connecting rods? Is it worth it to bore just .005? Also, does the way that you're building your heads help that much more than a set that is factory? What size rocker arms did you go with on the intake? Didn't you go with the 1.7s im guessing on the exhaust? Is there any places where I can get the block from rather than ebay?
Yes, mine are 6.125 rods. They did a .005 bore just clean up the walls. This was some confusion to me aswell, because i figured if you bought a new block from GM it'd be fine to throw pistons in it and go... i'm not the machine shop they know more than me. All the rockers are 1.7's You can buy the block from SDPC, i just happened to get lucky to find a brand new unused block on ebay, i even emailed the guy an offer, and he accepted it.