Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Any De-Stroked LS7's Yet

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you acquire the engine?? Anymore available?
I got the engine from ebay missing many parts including a head and other bits . The engine originally came from Lister bit they claimed they had no parts left when I rang them so assume they have no complete engines either.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Plasticman
I got the engine from ebay missing many parts including a head and other bits . The engine originally came from Lister bit they claimed they had no parts left when I rang them so assume they have no complete engines either.
If you're referring to me, a local shop built it, and its completely... complete. They're a sponsor here on the right ------------------->

Xtreme Horsepower, they can build ya one!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bink
My understanding is the Kinsler setup was used the first year of the C5R program. After the first year Katech did the setup in house.

Oh ...sorry, NemesisC5 - not trying to hijack...it's a nice thread.

I have 2 sitting in my shipping dept complete with a-plate and carbon fiber intake.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Plasticman
I have a 3.41" crank in a c5r which was , I believe , designed to run in the under 6 litre class at Le mans. I don`t now how it runs yet as I am still trying to source parts and detune it . It currently has 4.175" pistons running in a dry liner.

What do you need?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I have 346cid supercharged LS1 with H/C, Lt's, etc. in my 99 Corvette. I am going to build a forged motor to hold more boost and at first was going to do LS2 364cid, then considered L92 378cid, then I figured WTF: What about De-Stroked wet sump LS7. More cubes than LS2 and L92, then the stronger LS7 platform for my blower should make it a potent & reliable performer at around 800rwhp with torque #'s not to far behind. What's more to me is the "Fun Factor" of revving very quickly to 7.5k or maybe a little more if feasable. I love the sound of rpms and the mptor would have more than enough torque to tool around town in without having to rev. I will keep my 3.42 gearing and install a built MN6 with G-Force 5th & 6th gears. Defintely a combo that I plan to take to "The Texas Mile". This car is not being built for the 1320, but just for the "Fun Factor" with some road course driving events and an occasional trip to HRP(maybe twice a year). I have not even started buying the parts yet, just seeing what you guys think of this combo. Maybe by the time I start to build, the LS3 with be out and may be the block of choice, Dunno.
Not sure what car you have but if it's a vette, forget the clutch packs in the diff and go with a Quaif...about same $$$ and stronger! I would recommend full G-Force stack(all sais and done about same$$$ as Jerico) I'm with you brother, V8, 8500 rpms all day, nothing sounds better in my opinion...oh, and torque loss...hahahahahaha!

Good luck on your build whatever it may be!

Ed
Old 01-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Longer stroke engines accelerating a car faster is just as much an issue of gearing, the combination.

I have been to NHRA Nationals at HRP many times and you're right,Top Fuel is like dynamite exploding in the cylinders and you have to have uber strong internals to handle the power. Nitromethane is why they rev so quickly. Have you ever heard a Formula 1 Engine Rev to 20k rpm, IMO one of the best sounds in the world: short stroke, small bore, and lightweight internals. Top Fuel & F1 are both at the cutting edge of their respective classes & types of racing.

I'm just kicking around the idea to have a FUN combination, not to be the fastest on the street. Indeed if that were the case I would have the new LSX Stroked to the Max with N2o & a blower. I am not trying to start a debate on which type of engine is faster, I was merely asking about De-Stroked LS7's because I like the way they rev quick and IMO make a car fun to drive
I agree on the F1 motors!!!!

Anyways, a fun combination for a street car..... LS2 block, L92/L76 Heads Intake and a light bottom end with a stock crank and not to large of a cam. Now that will rev and have fun.

There might be some small port LS7's coming out here soon and those would be great if they can go on small enough bore.

Bret
Old 01-25-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
.... LS2 block, L92/L76 Heads Intake and a light bottom end with a stock crank and not to large of a cam. Now that will rev and have fun.

Bret
Have you built any of the LS2, L92/L76 combo's?...If so do you have any numbers to share?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Default Short Stroke LS7: Bringing This Topic Back To Life

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1823424

Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd love a ride in a Kateh sneak attack... destroked LS7 spinning to 8500 rpms That'd make one wicked sound.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I'd love a ride in a Kateh sneak attack... destroked LS7 spinning to 8500 rpms That'd make one wicked sound.
Brian, imagine a LSx block, with a 4.250 bore and a 3.622 stroke or.... shorter hint hint hint... my next stroker will be going the opposite way... with booooost.

(btw, this is 5W0P3 on CF)
Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
Brian, imagine a LSx block, with a 4.250 bore and a 3.622 stroke or.... shorter hint hint hint... my next stroker will be going the opposite way... with booooost.

(btw, this is 5W0P3 on CF)

Say Hello To My Little Friend,....******* A!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw someone mention the Quaife Diff for the vettes! Yay, finally something i can have input on! GET IT. I've loved mine, had it installed back in March in a Stage 5 DTE, the best IRS combo you can get for your vette, DTE will not install the diff, but you want their parts, the clutch plate diff is a piece of junk personally, and I've been accustomed to the ATB diffs for years (don't worry about the rear, except for the actual Getrag case haha).
Pricey, but worth it. I found out well after the fact that theres a shop out in Cali that actually does Quaife Getrag rears for the car, PM if you need the name of that shop.

and holy crap this thread came out of the grave...

What'd you end up settling on?

Last edited by OKcruising; 09-27-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Say Hello To My Little Friend,....******* A!!!

Haha... i can't let all my secrets out of the bag

but it will be a HUGE bore, short stroke with low compression and lots of boost from a front mount turbo.

Quick Reply: Any De-Stroked LS7's Yet