Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job guys, of course I will be a little sad that there won't be more for a while.
Ed was that idle clip from the car you tuned that had around a 23x-24x cam? What lsa?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Gerry,

The cam was "designed" by Bret Bauer of Bauer Racing Engines. I have no idea what lobes Bret used and couldn't find anything even close in the Comp catalog. Bret and I sort of agreed on what we roughly thought would work and then I got the hell out of the way and let him do his job. This is the second round for Bret and I. We both learned a lot in the 2 years since the first cam and this one is definitely a winner. I really couldn't be happier with the overall performance. It meets my needs.

Contact Bret for the exact specs.

Kevin
Thanks...took me quite some time reading, but I finally figure out this is one of those "I'm not giving you my secrets" projects. I'll just stick to ported 243's.

Gerry
Old 08-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShoddyHog
Thanks...took me quite some time reading, but I finally figure out this is one of those "I'm not giving you my secrets" projects. I'll just stick to ported 243's.

Gerry
Not really. Just gotta weed through.
Morally of the story, durations in the high 220s to low 230s on the intake, and usually high 230s to low 240s exhaust is what works. MORE than that doesnt really yeild enough power to trade off the driveability.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by veee8
Great job guys, of course I will be a little sad that there won't be more for a while.
Ed was that idle clip from the car you tuned that had around a 23x-24x cam? What lsa?
LOL. No, that thing was a 440 inch with a 248/250 or some crap. I got it a little smoother later on, but that idle was just flat nasty!! Had to get a clip of it.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NOT!!!!!

My car is mechanically very quiet. I run the Z06 Ti catback. It definitely has a cam in it but the ***** aren't falling off the dash. Sitting still the view in the rear view mirror is stable...

Open the cutouts and it definitely gets nasty...
So.......does that mean no sound clip?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1

JK. That thing was a pop corn popper.
I think I saw a few colonels shooting out the exhaust!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerry
You've got to be freaking kidding me. There are probably several hundred people here that think the thread very open and informative. Maybe you're expecting people to do all your thinking for you...

Last edited by WKMCD; 08-18-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1ORANGEWS6
So.......does that mean no sound clip?
I'll see if Mrs. WKMCD's camera does vids. I think it does. I'll try to get some posted or maybe I'll keep what it sounds like secret like everything else here.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are probably several hundred people here that think the thread very open and informative. Maybe you're expecting people to do all your thinking for you...
LOL....I thought so!

I'll see if Mrs. WKMCD's camera does vids. I think it does. I'll try to get some posted or maybe I'll keep what it sounds like secret like everything else here.
Thank you sir.....I might be a little closer now to getting my own 400ci motor under way, I'm already going with the WCCH L92s now I maybe closer to a cam chioce. Might have to change it up a little since I have an A4 and I'm going to be spraying it.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

You've got to be freaking kidding me. There are probably several hundred people here that think the thread very open and informative. Maybe you're expecting people to do all your thinking for you...
WTF did I say to **** you off? I just tried to go through all of the posts as quickly as I could to see what the specs were, but never found them. I didn't say it was a bad thing...I sure as hell don't give away all my secrets for free either.

FWIW, I planned to spend ALL WINTER reading up on my head swap for next year, but found damaged valves and rockers so now I'm frantically trying to learn if L92's will work with my cam...but it is a 228/232. I was just trying to find the numbers for his cam to see where they found the sweet spot.

Great thread...sorry I pissed you off. I need to get my car back on the road. I've decided to get ported 243's.

Gerry
Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WTF did I say to **** you off? I just tried to go through all of the posts as quickly as I could to see what the specs were, but never found them. I didn't say it was a bad thing...I sure as hell don't give away all my secrets for free either.

FWIW, I planned to spend ALL WINTER reading up on my head swap for next year, but found damaged valves and rockers so now I'm frantically trying to learn if L92's will work with my cam...but it is a 228/232. I was just trying to find the numbers for his cam to see where they found the sweet spot.

Great thread...sorry I pissed you off. I need to get my car back on the road. I've decided to get ported 243's.

Gerry
It didn't appear to me that you pissed him off. It looked to me like you were being a little on the smartass side so he was doing the same. We are all have a little smartass in us.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Gerry

Sorry Gerry, maybe I'm a little sensitive from some past BS here. BTW: the last cam worked very very well. It was a 234-240 112 +0 XE-R. This cam just works a little better but it's just not my cam to give the specs away. FWIW, I think you can do much better than the cam you have on the L92 setups.

Kevin
Old 08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1ORANGEWS6
It didn't appear to me that you pissed him off. It looked to me like you were being a little on the smartass side so he was doing the same. We are all have a little smartass in us.
Didn't mean to...just didn't have time to share my whole story about why I was interested in the cam specs. When I'm in a hurry, I make short sentences, like "I'll stick with ported 243's."

If that makes me sound like a dick then let me explain. I see two problems with me deciding on the L92s. First...I love my cam and want to keep it, but it looks like my 4 degree split is not what everyone is doing...they are doing a large split with long exhaust duration -- exactly the opposite of my cam.

THEN I have people yelling at me that there are idiots that don't know the secret that L92's work with small cams too...so I just wanted to see how small they were working with. Even if I did find the numbers, I'm running a 364, not a big cube motor.

And last but not least, I understand people not wanting to do a hundred hours of research only to give everything away for free. I'm cool with that.

Hope this clears it up.
Gerry
Old 08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry Gerry, maybe I'm a little sensitive from some past BS here. BTW: the last cam worked very very well. It was a 234-240 112 +0 XE-R. This cam just works a little better but it's just not my cam to give the specs away. FWIW, I think you can do much better than the cam you have on the L92 setups.

Kevin
Thanks...and that's the conclusion I came to. I love my cam though...and am not a drag queen (nor is my car), so I don't want to change a cam just to run L92's. I was just trying to see how low you guys went.

It also seems...and correct me if I'm wrong...that there's not a fantastic intake option yet. If there was, maybe smaller cams like mine would work. Unfortunately, my car is sitting in the garage on jack stands waiting for me to order heads and all associated goodies.

Of course...this never happens at a good time either, but you all know Murphey, I'm sure.

Gerry
Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW you put up great power in the L92 with a TR224 cam.

Crap, the secret is out now
Old 08-19-2008, 05:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Phil'sC5vette
WOW you put up great power in the L92 with a TR224 cam.

Crap, the secret is out now
You still don't know what the installed ICL is...
Old 08-19-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I dont know how long my motor will last, but I thank you kevin for paying for a whole lot of R&D for us either having or looking to get a 402 motor. I saw not errors so thanks for the trial.

ED, it's not secret but you do great work. Move back to oldsmar !!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

You still don't know what the installed ICL is...
The secret is to "retard" the cams in these engines.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2c5s
The secret is to "retard" the cams in these engines.
Or just get the valve events right to begin with...
Old 08-19-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

No guts, no glory...

I'm goin' in...

Gerry

Quick Reply: L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...