Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 intake question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 intake question

Does anyone have information on the differences of intakes for the L92 heads?

Here's my delema.....

2002 6.0 liter engine, it's going into my truck, and hood clearance is not an issue. I'm wondering if the l76 intake is supposed to be a better design than the truck intake that comes on the excalades or L92 engines.

Only statement I've seen about the above is some people stating that the truck intake is made for more torque and MAY not be as efficent up top, but no comparrisons have been made.

The only other intake I've seen was the LS3, which I haven't priced, but I didn't see any real differences between the LS3 intake and the L76.

I'm not trying to be cheap, but if the stock truck intake flows as good or better than the L76, then it wouldn't be benificial to purchase the L76 intake for my application. IF there is a substantial difference between the L76 intake vs the stocker escalade intake, then consider the L76 OTW!

I haven't found this info, and yes, I have searched.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to be careful. On the TBSS, the low rise LS2 intake doesn't clear the accessory drive. I would assume the same thing would happen with an L76, but you wouldn't know until you could put one together.

-Geoff