Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Anyone Running T&D Shaft Mounts with ETP ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007 | 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Anyone Running T&D Shaft Mounts with ETP ?

I have a set of ETP225's for LS2 4" Bore. I just picked up a set of T&D Shaft Mount Roller's and would like to know if they will work. Anyone using a similar combo ?
Old 09-20-2007 | 01:52 AM
TECH Regular

They will not unless you shim the rocker stands aproximately 3/8 of an inch with a piece of bar stock and massage the shaft mount hold down bolt bolt holes. Also Exhaust rockers will be off center. The spacing used for the row of threaded holes in the head is different than stock because ET changed the valve centerlines.

I have already gone down this road with a set of jesel sportsmans. You will have to make up something to get the rocker geometry correct and live with the offset rocker arm to valve tip (not optimal), use stock rockers with the ET stands, or get off the wallet and order a set of jesel j2k's that are purpose built. Probably not the answer you were wanting to here, but it will probably save you some money in the end.
Old 09-20-2007 | 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96 Comp T/A
They will not unless you shim the rocker stands aproximately 3/8 of an inch with a piece of bar stock and massage the shaft mount hold down bolt bolt holes. Also Exhaust rockers will be off center. The spacing used for the row of threaded holes in the head is different than stock because ET changed the valve centerlines.

I have already gone down this road with a set of jesel sportsmans. You will have to make up something to get the rocker geometry correct and live with the offset rocker arm to valve tip (not optimal), use stock rockers with the ET stands, or get off the wallet and order a set of jesel j2k's that are purpose built. Probably not the answer you were wanting to here, but it will probably save you some money in the end.
So these Jesel J2K's were built specifically to work with the ETP 11 degree ?

Thanks for the info !
Old 09-20-2007 | 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

That is correct, this is a set specific to the ET cathedral port heads (205 -245 cc runners) I don't have the part # handy, although they were featured in a GMHTP engine buildup article about a year ago. I think they were somewhere around 1500 bucks. I haven't ordered mine just yet, other more pressing issues at home have prevented me from doing so, but Christmas is coming! Call Jesel or ETP.
Old 09-20-2007 | 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Comp .. Looks like I am putting these up for sale for half what I paid. Go figure

I am speaking with T&D and Jesel .. they both make a set specific to the ETP LS1 Style head.
Old 09-20-2007 | 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

I didn't know about the T&D's. Nice to have alternatives. If you don't mind when you make your decision would you mind posting up (or PM'ing) who you went with and what the cost was?
Old 09-21-2007 | 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

According to ETP ... Jesel, T&D, & Harland Sharp make a set of custom rockers for these heads. T&D are $980 ... the Jesel are about 1300+ I think I may just sell my T&D Rockers for the regular heads and stick with the stock rockers. I am running a twin turbo 408 application which means pushing past 7K rpm will never happen ....
Old 09-24-2007 | 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Has anyone seen any dyno results going from the stock rockers to a full roller on the ETP 11degree 225's? I have been thinking about using a full roller rocker but I just don;t know if i want to spends a 1000 buckks for what? 5 HP maybe??

So does anyone have before and after numbers??
Old 09-25-2007 | 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a thread where they give you the numbers between stock rockers and the Yella Terra Ultra Light rockers. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1774947

P.S. You will need to buy the correct rocker stands for your ETP heads. I was able to use the rocker arm stands from Comp Cams for the RHS heads since they start out as ETP bare castings. I can't find what I did with the part number, but PM edcmat-l1, he knows the part number by heart.

Last edited by 1997bird; 09-25-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2007 | 06:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Formula_Power
Has anyone seen any dyno results going from the stock rockers to a full roller on the ETP 11degree 225's? I have been thinking about using a full roller rocker but I just don;t know if i want to spends a 1000 buckks for what? 5 HP maybe??

So does anyone have before and after numbers??
Gains would be dependent upon partly upon camshaft profile. No one is spending $1k simply for a set of roller tips. A good shaft mount rocker system buys you valvetrain stability. Once you start getting in to more radical camshaft profiles, valvetrain flex becomes the enemy as much as friction does. FWIW, most street cars would do fine with a set of rebuilt stockers. For me, the expense is not trivial, but the amount of money I have already invested in the rest of the engine dictated that I finish it off with a proper rocker system for the heads.
Old 09-25-2007 | 02:23 PM
Banned

For $390, Yella Terra Ultra-lights are a pretty killer deal...... Valve train stability, no worry of broken stock rockers and on reasonably radical camshaft profiles nice horsepower gains (8-12 rwhp realistically) on many setups.....

Just ordered a set for my 1300hp turbo LSx that I should of replaced the stock rockers long ago on..
Old 09-25-2007 | 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xLBx
According to ETP ... Jesel, T&D, & Harland Sharp make a set of custom rockers for these heads. T&D are $980 ... the Jesel are about 1300+ I think I may just sell my T&D Rockers for the regular heads and stick with the stock rockers. I am running a twin turbo 408 application which means pushing past 7K rpm will never happen ....
This is a delima of mine also...... and ive gone even farther with not running a 1.290" valve anymore and running a 1.550" valve and going solid roller.
As it looks right now ill have to run the Jesel J2K's and spend near $2k..... Im going to call up T&D also and see what they have since im running the new Warhawk LSX heads.

Kyle
Old 09-26-2007 | 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

For $390, Yella Terra Ultra-lights are a pretty killer deal...... Valve train stability, no worry of broken stock rockers and on reasonably radical camshaft profiles nice horsepower gains (8-12 rwhp realistically) on many setups.....
You are missing the point of this thread. The Yella Terras are not adjustable, and they will NOT work with the ETP heads.
Old 09-26-2007 | 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
The Yella Terras are not adjustable, and they will NOT work with the ETP heads.
Actually they WILL work with the ETP heads with the rocker arm stand from Comp Cams for the RHS heads. Personally I would stay with the T&D shaft mounts, even though they cost a little more. I have completed this same project both ways, rocker arm stands & shaft mounts on a set of ETP 225cc heads.
Old 09-26-2007 | 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, stock rocker arms with the ETP pedestals WORK as well, but they dont work properly. You need adjustables to get the valvetrain geometry right with the ETP's.
Old 09-26-2007 | 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

They do when you measure your pushrod length CORRECTLY.
Old 04-20-2008 | 04:34 PM
Teching In

im in the same boat now. Unfortunately, t&d's are on a month backorder, jesel's are still 1500 bucks, and one a week backorder... and im trying to get my motor back together with my brand new etp 245's and .700 drag springs. So... after a lot of research and homework, found the new scorpions are only 400 bucks, and getting great reviews. Talked to craig at etp, and he said they have put the scorpions on some of their heads, per customer request, and he said they do work, but they use a different shimming technique than most, its "ford shims". I would still love to stumble into some used jesels that are purpose built for my etp's, but in the meantime, im gonna give these scorpions a shot. Supposedly, the guy who put them on his heads has had no problems. Check em out, its an amreican company down in florida, they have really light tips too, and they are a roller rocker. part number is scp1098. Post up part numbers of other rockers for etp heads to make this thread more useful if anyone knows the others, thanks, brandon
Old 04-20-2008 | 06:09 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

T&D has a specific part number for this appliation. It's also comp #1509 for the RHS head.
Old 04-20-2008 | 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's also comp #1509 for the RHS head.
From what I have been told, those haven't and probably wont ever be released, since the RHS heads aren't selling too well.

Dont forget that Crower makes a rocker arm for the ETP heads. Part # 75102. I think they cost me around $1150-$1200.
Old 05-15-2008 | 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

I recently purchased a set of ETP 225 heads for my 402 being built. I also bought the Scorpion rockers, and sent a pair to Craig for test fitting. Craig told me that they will work using a .060 shim.

Unless someone has a better suggestion, the Scorpions will be installed next week, anyone?

I would rather spend more if needed, and get it right! Suggestions?

Quick Reply: Anyone Running T&D Shaft Mounts with ETP ?