Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

High Compression Race Motor Opinions needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the newest combo I am considering at this point

-LSX Block
-Most likely a 4.185" Bore and a 4" stroke yeilding 440ci
-13.5:1 CR
-Either All Pro LS7's or ET's C5X inline valve race heads
-Sheet metal intake
-Solid Rollor
-Adjustable jessels

I am also considering SB2.2 setup, but know very little about the gen 2 small blocks

If somebody could suggest an intake, heads, bore and stroke size, builder, estimate on price, and any other info about this setup I would probably consider it more.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Launching!

TO to top....need more opinions guys.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:55 PM
FormerVendor

Just an opinion, but why are you considering such a big motor, with high HP and cid requirements, and then turning around and saying its gotta run on street gas, and want to toss in a "Budget Build".
Coming from road racing bikes for many tears, you always build the setup to the maximim potential of your class. You dont build something just to be able to say you've got a high compression, big displacement, race motor. Cause you'll end up becoming a back marker on the track and just get in the way.

I would say step down in class, then take the avail money to build the BEST you can build.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
Just an opinion, but why are you considering such a big motor, with high HP and cid requirements, and then turning around and saying its gotta run on street gas, and want to toss in a "Budget Build".
Coming from road racing bikes for many tears, you always build the setup to the maximim potential of your class. You dont build something just to be able to say you've got a high compression, big displacement, race motor. Cause you'll end up becoming a back marker on the track and just get in the way.

I would say step down in class, then take the avail money to build the BEST you can build.
Good point....yes I have been inconsistant in my demands throughout this thread but I am more familiar with what I want at this point. Here is what I am thinking now.

-LSX Block
-Most likely a 4.185" Bore and a 4" stroke yeilding 440ci
-13.5:1 CR
-All Pro LS7's
-Beck Sheet metal intake
-Hyd roller
-Not sure if I want to go carb or efi

Quick Reply: High Compression Race Motor Opinions needed!!!