Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

l92 peeps..help with no oil pressure.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default l92 peeps..help with no oil pressure.

im a tech at a caddy dealership,-thought i throw this out there, to see if any of you have seen this. A Heavyline tech that i work with, got a 07 escalade last week. customer was complaining about oil light coming on. he checked it out,- put a gauge on it, sure enough - had 5 psi at idle and like at 2-3000 ,it had like 18psi. - so he puts a pump in it./ - while he is in there made sure nothing is lodged into the pickup ( car has 47000 mile on it, and doesnt look like all the oil changes were up to date. -- . same ****... nothing changes.-- so now he pulls the valley cover off. -- and checks out all the solenoids. - blows some air through the galley -- nothing nothing seemed out of place. -- put it back together---- and it had like 20 psi at idle- then shot up to 40 once you get on it. ok. -- let the car run for like 10mins. to get hot.--- droped right back down to 3 psi at idle. --- now it starts to make noise from the motor. lower end. ( starving for oil). ---- - well. so were trying to figure this out. -- well. we had one last year that the cam bearing spun and wiped out the cam . completely. -- -- so . he pulls the motor out of the car.-- all bearings are fine-- cranks.ok. rods. ok. cam bearing . did not spin. and are ok. look a little beat. but ok. ..--- no sign of debris. nothing. pulled heads. off. looked at all the DOD. stuff. looks. good. --- kinda lost.

any of you seen this?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Caddy lifters? Reason I ask is someone I know had a simlilar issue after he swapped to the caddy lifters. Put the ls7's back in and the problem went away.

Quick Reply: l92 peeps..help with no oil pressure.