Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Weird electrical issue-dead window, horn honking on its own, interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weird electrical issue-dead window, horn honking on its own, interior lights

I have been experiencing some weird electrical issues lately and was wondering is anyone has had any similar experiences with hopes you may shed some light on my problems. My buddy and me scanned my car to check what the SES is and there were 3 codes registering the crankshaft position sensor which I will soon be fixing. There was one other code that I cannot remember off the top of my head but I will check it later and repost. Here are the weird issues I have been experiencing:

-The first thing I noticed as that my horn would honk without actually pushing the horn buttons, all I would have to do to set it off was put any pressure on the steering wheels towards the floorboards. This could be whether I pull even slightly when I am turning or if I pull it down towards me when adjusting the tilt on it. It does not happen all the time and actually only seems to occur for the first 5 or 10 minutes on start-up. It does not occur on every startup however, I do not know what triggers it but it seems to have a mind of its own.

-About the same time the horn started acting up I started experiencing an issue with my drivers side window. I replaced the window motor no more than 1000 miles ago. The window would not budge. A buddy suggested I try knocking on the door panel a bit and sure enough, it wouuld work perfectly. Sometimes it would just need to be tapped once for it to roll up, sometimes it would need to be constantly tapped. Other times, I would tap it and then I could pull the window up myself. Either way, it would not typically go up or down without a little "jump start" from me.

-The last issue involves my interior lights. My map lights and my main dome light would not turn off. They were not turned on, however, upon leaving the car and returning some time later they stayed on. Not wanting my battery to die due to the lights remaining on, I unplugged the map lights and removed the dome light for a short-term solution.

Well, now I have my project table cleared out and am ready to figure this thing out. Anyone have any clue as to what could be going on? This began out of no where, nothing was changed. The window motor worked fine without any weird issues for almost 1000 miles. The window issue and horn issue appeared to start the same day, the light issue did not begin until 3 weeks or so later. Thanks for any help you all can give me.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your grounds.

Quick Reply: Weird electrical issue-dead window, horn honking on its own, interior lights