Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

weird noise??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird noise??

i just noticed a noise th other day and parked the car , then today i pulled the valve cover,and all pushrods and rocker arms and everything seems to be fine, i have the comp 918s and i checked them as good as i could without removing them. i see nothing wrong pulled the plugs and looks ok also, but it still makes the noise, its on the drivers side and it seems like it is coming from the valvetrain to me. anybody have any ideas or previous experiance with this problem... thanks
Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Default Valve springs?

I have the same exact noise when the engine heats up to operating temp. It's most likely one or more of your valve springs broken. Or it could be a bad lifter. My car is at the engine shop having a valve job and seals done as we speak. My friend is going to not use the comp cams 918 springs for they seem to break. I bought a set and need to return them. My lift is only .570 and the first time #1 intake spring broke a whole ring from the 918 spring that ended up in the oil pan! Along with 3 others on the tips broke. Hope this helps, and my noise is from the drivers side for the second time.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

thanks alot, i still cant figure this out but i did pull all the plugs on passenger side where the noise is and did a comp. test and they all were 185-190. but i did notice the no.4 plug look fouled and the rest looked good... so i checked the coil and it worked fine, replaced the plug and idled the car for a couple minutes and still made the noise havent messed with it since!! i might drop the motor here shortly just not sure what is wrong, could be a vavle but not to sure at this point
Old 07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

well i figured it out and i feel like a dumbass,header bolt was loose and making that weird sound its tight and the noise is gone and i am feeling great!!!!