Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Can u check these cylinder walls for me plz.. dropped valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL !!! thats not me man, im quoting the owner!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff@TotalPerformanceEng
No way..Those cylinder walls are shot. You would have to take wayyyy to much material out to get it right. That one gouge looks huge..

Wow, you can tell that just from pictures?! Does your shop have a website with your location on it?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Launching!

I've seen some pretty deep scratches and gouges hone out at .010 or so, there's no way to tell until you run the stones thru it.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Your'e not listening...
he's right.

you come online, post some high res photo's, and ask us "is it fixable??!"

not to jump your case, but you've gotten anything from "yes" to "absolutely not," which is all that you will get. you are dealing with thousandths of an inch. For how much effort it sounds like the trip will be, do you really want the opinion of people online, that you dont even know, trying to make that decision for you?

how many of the people, do you think, that have responded to this post, have ever spent time inside of a machine shop?

you ask us to give you an answer based on a photo, shown on a flat screen of a computer, of a cylinder wall that we cannot feel or touch, tell us that you can catch a fingernail in it, then essentially ask us if it can be cleaned up with a 15 thousandths or less overbore.

my only hope, is that even if I **** you off and make an enemy, you will find someone that works at a machine shop in the area, and float him 50 bucks to go see the block and give you his unbiased opinion.

Last edited by nine-eight; 09-12-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nine-eight
he's right.

not to jump your case, but you've gotten anything from "yes" to "absolutely not," which is all that you will get.

you ask us to give you an answer based on a photo, shown on a flat screen of a computer, of a cylinder wall that we cannot feel or touch, tell us that you can catch a fingernail in it, then essentially ask us if it can be cleaned up with a 15 thousandths or less overbore.

hold on, I broke my crystal ball.....
**** you dude, mr high and mighty here.. ive probably got 1 yes out of 20 nos, so
Old 09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

he's right.

not to jump your case, but you've gotten anything from "yes" to "absolutely not," which is all that you will get.

hold on, I broke my crystal ball.....
Do me a ******* favor mr. wizard

READ THROUGH THE ******* THREAD
Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

feeling a soon
Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah, please..

i already told the owner i wasnt going to drive to portland for a junk motor...

/End of thread
Old 09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

he's right.

not to jump your case, but you've gotten anything from "yes" to "absolutely not," which is all that you will get. you are dealing with thousandths of an inch. For how much effort it sounds like the trip will be, do you really want the opinion of people online, that you dont even know, trying to make that decision for you?

how many of the people, do you think, that have responded to this post, have ever spent time inside of a machine shop?

my only hope, is that even if I **** you off and make an enemy, you will find someone that works at a machine shop in the area, and float him 50 bucks to go see the block and give you his unbiased opinion.
Why'd you edit? so u dont look like a *****?

Quick Reply: Can u check these cylinder walls for me plz.. dropped valve