Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Vette startup, revs, drive off

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

bet it sounds wicked @ WOT...agreed the C7 is growing on me
Old 06-08-2013, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by midnightbluS10
Are you seriously gonna go and beat on that dead horse some more? I think he's been dead for a while now lol And have you looked at Camaro taillights lately? They aren't even similar, except they're both red, and they're both square-ish. And they're four independent lights, 2 on each side. That's about where the similarities end, my friend. The new Malibu and I think the new Sonic? use the same design of four separate tail lights. It's a marketing tool by GM. Brand recognition, I'd bet. So yea, lets not beat this dead horse any longer. It doesn't change a thing. The tail lights won't just be changed in the middle of a model year, so it's a moot point to bitch about it.

I agree, they don't look alike. Besides the 2014 Camaro changed the lenses...so no longer "similar". I think the square lenses puts the car in the correct time period. Round tail lights is old school and outdated.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds horrible.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does sound like ***. the back is ****** gross. reminds of some some riced out civic body kit..... front and sides are nice.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rabbit320
yes very nice, but camaro tail lights?!? (ok so theyre not exactly the same but very similar) they should be ROUND! thats the corvette trademark, what a mistake on gm's part... just keep it original. just my 2 cents
Considering the quad round tail lights didn't appear until 61, they're not exactly original. A mainstay, yes, but hardly original. It's growing on me, I was disappointed at first but it looks better every day....maybe its the copious amount of booze...but it's looking pretty good.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just something about it that doesn't quite scream Vette to me. If I didn't know what I was looking at, I would almost think it was a Ferrari by the front end. Maybe that's just me... I kinda do agree about the taillights though, but they don't exactly look bad. It's kinda like the headlights when they went to the C6. I thought it was blasphemous for them to do away with the flip-up headlights. That was a Vette trait from '63 all the way to '04. I DO love the gorgeous interior though, but I think that's one of the few things almost everyone agrees on.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
the more i see the c7 the more i am amazed.. first pics i wasn't digging it but now that i'm softened up to it it looks exotic and the interior is absolutely breathtaking...the whole car, one word: NEW....

Just took some getting used to i guess??
i loved most of it immediately, but the taillights took a few weeks of looking. now i love everything about it. it looks very exotic inside and out, just as a corvette should. people freaked out when they got rid of the flip-ups for the C6 too.

now I'm just waiting for them to be 5 years old so i can afford one.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome on the track

Old 09-27-2013, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 89 Posts

the car looks pretty awesome, but up close to the front end just seems to say "350Z".... The backend isn't that bad and although the lights do have a camaroish like look to it, they are certainly not the same.
The front end is what I really don't like. I understand the chin design for aerodynamics but I just cant seem to like it no matter ow I look at it. I pefer the front end on the C6, the bumper at least. its little more sleek and cleaner looking compared to the C7's current design.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We had a couple Z51's show up to the dealer yesterday they are pretty cool looking in person. To everyone saying they sound like crap, maybe you should take a trip to your local dealership and don't take a video clip for proof. It sounds just like a C6 Grand Sport at start up. They have the mechanical fuel pump so you hear a slight ticking noise but that's pretty much about it...

The car IMO is pretty cool although priced pretty steep, the Z51's we got had a sticker of 70k and were already spoken for
Old 10-08-2013, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

This was our new shop C7 (the Cyber Grey one) at the Dallas Cars and Coffee

Quick Reply: C7 Vette startup, revs, drive off