L83 oil pan swap. - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L83 oil pan swap.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Default Moroso 20155 oil pan LT1 swap.

I was unable to modify my stock corvette oil pan. I found the Moroso 20155 pan on eBay. The seller overnight it and finally got it on. I was wrong, it fits the 69 Camaro with Unisteer rack with good clearance. Only tight spot is right over the high pressure banllo fitting for the rack and pinion. I fixed that tight area by grinding a small area of the aluminium pan flange.
Attached Thumbnails L83  oil pan swap.-img_20170617_190925_hdr.jpg   L83  oil pan swap.-img_20170617_190642_hdr.jpg  
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Cool LT1 2014 L86 Corvette Pan Update

I know that this is an old post but I just ordered a replacement oil pan for my L83 swap today and the original GM part number you gave for the Corvette has been changed. The new number is: 12679949 and it ainít cheap!!!!
Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GENVRDMSTR View Post
Hi, I am new to the forum and ran across your posts. I am in the process of swapping a gen v lt1 into a gen 2 lt1 B body (Roadmaster). Yeh I know, don't laugh, but the biggest problem so far is the oil pan. The corvette pan sump is much to long, by about 7 inches. The CTS-V pan was better but still too long. I am hoping to have an aftermarket pan in about a month. The sump on it is supposed to be about 8+ inches. It should work in the B body and many others. I first tried some ICT adapter plates with the stock mounts, but too many problems. Once their is pan clearance I can fab some mounts. I did find an aftermarket setup for low mount A/C front drive system w/power steering. Will know more how it fits when the engine is in the frame.
For you, OP and anyone else interested in these adapter plates make sure you are using the correct plates. Turns out many were having trouble including myself, alignment was off by about 1/2Ē. These plates were revised at some point but even last month i go a set of the original style, see pic attached, the plate is sitting on my car. The newer version has the 3 mounting holes dropped down about a half inch or so and it fits perfectly. See attached picture mounted on my car, you can see the bolt holes lowered and the bottom of the plate even extended. I was Also using stock mounts with the stock frame stands at the time of instal. I just now got the energy suspension mount (was shipped two different mounts somehow and Iím waiting on the other correct ES mount to show up) and havenít test fit it yet but there should be no difference as these mounts have the same measurements. Also my DS plate is cut as advertised to fit the mechanical vacuum pump, Iím in the middle hole too on my 68. Have to notch the frame a little but it all worked out. ES mounts also require slightly longer hardware due to the extra plate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: L83 oil pan swap.

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: