Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L83 oil pan swap.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Moroso 20155 oil pan LT1 swap.

I was unable to modify my stock corvette oil pan. I found the Moroso 20155 pan on eBay. The seller overnight it and finally got it on. I was wrong, it fits the 69 Camaro with Unisteer rack with good clearance. Only tight spot is right over the high pressure banllo fitting for the rack and pinion. I fixed that tight area by grinding a small area of the aluminium pan flange.
Attached Thumbnails L83  oil pan swap.-img_20170617_190925_hdr.jpg   L83  oil pan swap.-img_20170617_190642_hdr.jpg  
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool LT1 2014 L86 Corvette Pan Update

I know that this is an old post but I just ordered a replacement oil pan for my L83 swap today and the original GM part number you gave for the Corvette has been changed. The new number is: 12679949 and it ain’t cheap!!!!
Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GENVRDMSTR
Hi, I am new to the forum and ran across your posts. I am in the process of swapping a gen v lt1 into a gen 2 lt1 B body (Roadmaster). Yeh I know, don't laugh, but the biggest problem so far is the oil pan. The corvette pan sump is much to long, by about 7 inches. The CTS-V pan was better but still too long. I am hoping to have an aftermarket pan in about a month. The sump on it is supposed to be about 8+ inches. It should work in the B body and many others. I first tried some ICT adapter plates with the stock mounts, but too many problems. Once their is pan clearance I can fab some mounts. I did find an aftermarket setup for low mount A/C front drive system w/power steering. Will know more how it fits when the engine is in the frame.
For you, OP and anyone else interested in these adapter plates make sure you are using the correct plates. Turns out many were having trouble including myself, alignment was off by about 1/2”. These plates were revised at some point but even last month i go a set of the original style, see pic attached, the plate is sitting on my car. The newer version has the 3 mounting holes dropped down about a half inch or so and it fits perfectly. See attached picture mounted on my car, you can see the bolt holes lowered and the bottom of the plate even extended. I was Also using stock mounts with the stock frame stands at the time of instal. I just now got the energy suspension mount (was shipped two different mounts somehow and I’m waiting on the other correct ES mount to show up) and haven’t test fit it yet but there should be no difference as these mounts have the same measurements. Also my DS plate is cut as advertised to fit the mechanical vacuum pump, I’m in the middle hole too on my 68. Have to notch the frame a little but it all worked out. ES mounts also require slightly longer hardware due to the extra plate.

Old 02-11-2020, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEAN_SBC
So this giant thing on the Camaro SS oil pan. I'm guessing this is the return and check valve from the pcv? Can I just plug this? Cause I'm going to. lol
Bringing back an older thread. Anybody know what thread pitch this fitting is? I need to block it off as well.

Last edited by TheTinMan; 02-11-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTinMan
Bringing back an older thread. Anybody know what thread pitch this fitting is? I need to block it off as well.
im actually wondering the same thing and also if its okay to plug this and the coolant block on the driver side as well.

Quick Reply: L83 oil pan swap.