Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L83 swap - fuel pump control module

Old 01-09-2019, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L83 swap - fuel pump control module

Hi guys

I have an issue about the fuel module harness wiring, everything is fine and connected to the ecm, pressure sensor is connected everything is good except there is no power in PIN8 in the connector which is the fuel supply voltage wire that I should connect it to the positive wire of the fuel pump.

So the car doesn’t start because the fuel pump is not working because there’s no power from the positive fuel pump wire from the module.

I checked the wire and the plug for cracks and it’s fine, I’m using new control module and sensor.

the ecm shows 2 codes

1- secondary fuel pump circuit is high - P0232
2- ISO/SAE reserved - P023F

It seems like the fuel pump have its own signal because when I turned my key on I found a signal in the positive fuel pump wire. Maybe because of the old relay system

Pump im using is aeromotive 340

please help
Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nawaf
Hi guys

I have an issue about the fuel module harness wiring, everything is fine and connected to the ecm, pressure sensor is connected everything is good except there is no power in PIN8 in the connector which is the fuel supply voltage wire that I should connect it to the positive wire of the fuel pump.

So the car doesn’t start because the fuel pump is not working because there’s no power from the positive fuel pump wire from the module.

I checked the wire and the plug for cracks and it’s fine, I’m using new control module and sensor.

the ecm shows 2 codes

1- secondary fuel pump circuit is high - P0232
2- ISO/SAE reserved - P023F

It seems like the fuel pump have its own signal because when I turned my key on I found a signal in the positive fuel pump wire. Maybe because of the old relay system

Pump im using is aeromotive 340

please help
did you do you own harness? im curious because im using th same fuel pump and hope its not a fuel pump issue
Old 03-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Teching In

yea did you do your own harness because i used the same pump and i thought i had the same issue but mine actually gets power when engine starts cranking over.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:49 PM
Teching In

I, too, am using the same fuel pump. My harness was made by Speartech and everything worked fine. I assume there is something wrong with the wiring.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: L83 swap - fuel pump control module