Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake manifold help on my 5.3 GenV

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake manifold help on my 5.3 GenV

i have a 2015 silverado 5.3. I want to do some modding and i値l probably get headers and a cam down the line. But as far as intake manifolds go, do you think getting the A-Team Performance 102mm intake manifold with Cathedral-Rectangular port adapters. Wanted to know what u guys thought about this. let me know if you have any suggestion. Sadly the L83 is rectangular ported and i would need to get an adapter to fit basically any decent intake manifold. But whatever you guys think!
Old 06-04-2022, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

So you are switching from the direct injection to port injection? If I were going to do that, I would just get a Gwatney radius rod intake and adapt it to your current heads if that is possible.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (06-04-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by slow5.3silverado
i have a 2015 silverado 5.3. I want to do some modding and i値l probably get headers and a cam down the line. But as far as intake manifolds go, do you think getting the A-Team Performance 102mm intake manifold with Cathedral-Rectangular port adapters. Wanted to know what u guys thought about this. let me know if you have any suggestion. Sadly the L83 is rectangular ported and i would need to get an adapter to fit basically any decent intake manifold. But whatever you guys think!
The L83 is not what we commonly call a "Rec port" head or intake. It's more of a square port. Anyway, you can swap the L83 intake for an LT1 intake. That will help later on when you add a cam. You probably won't get much more hp with the factory cam, but it's a start.

If you're talking about converting to port injection, then your best bet is the LS7 intake with adapters. There are other mods that must be done too, but I don't think it's worth it. I would get the LT1 intake, and add a DoD delete cam.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Hey. I am toying around with my 2017 RCSB with a 5.3 right now. I just added TSP long tube headers and I made my own cat back. I just picked up a ported L86 intake and ported throttle body. Those two will go on Friday and then it will get tuned. If you go with the LT1 intake you have to do some work on the belt set up. The best thing that I have done to my truck so far was the installation of a 4.10 gear set. That really helped out the little 5.3. Don’t waste to much money on the 5.3. Just save up for a 6.2 swap.
Old 09-15-2022, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about going with the 6.2L L86 intake manifold and throttle body but decided a whipple supercharger would be a better investment.

Originally Posted by slow5.3silverado
Old 09-15-2022, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

L86 6.2 throttle body and intake- 10hp gain- $400

2.9 Whipple-150 hp gain-$7,500

Whipple wins! I need to start saving up.

Quick Reply: intake manifold help on my 5.3 GenV