Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L83 tsp stage 2 cam and afm delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L83 tsp stage 2 cam and afm delete

I installed tsp stage 2 cam kit with AFM DOD delete. Went with long tube headers as well. I've had issues with codes showing for advanced timing, camshaft position sensor fault. I did install the cam phaser limiter lockout. Not sure if that's just from the lockout?
Engine is not wanting to run at idle and running rough and busting up at highway speeds.
I pulled up the live data and it's showing the throttle body flap at 22% open at idle even after installing new throttle body.
exhaust smells really strong of raw gas as well.
Anyone familiar with these symptoms and can help a guy out?

Also truck stalls out when coming to a stop or decelerating if rpm gets too low. Periodically throwing it into reduced engine power mode.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

Who tuned it? I'd say that they forgot to turn back the timing advance.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:31 PM
Teching In

I had a local performance shop do the tuning on it. I was told that it wasn't in the tuning. Directed me to check my timing components and make sure engine is in time. I did so and everything checked out fine.

If I crank from a cold start it starts and idles fine. However as soon as I put it into any gear it will stall and begin only idling with my foot on the throttle up around 900-1000 rpm. Which on my live data is showing my timing fluctuate from 14-40 degrees advanced

I have a vvt camshaft from tsp. I also installed the 0degree lockout. I have changed almost every sensor I can.
DTC codes showing p0011, p0324, p0036
For some reason I feel like my air fuel ratio is off. But could that cause it to show an advanced timing code and make my timing fluctuate. Or do you suspect it be in the tuning

Thanks Richard
Below is the kit I installed. Also added a 2800 Circle D stall.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:48 PM

I have a 2017 Silverado that I plan on doing a stage 2 TSP cam and afm/dod delete. Sorry you're having issues. I'm still kind of lost on what exactly the cam phaser limitet does and why you have to install it but I have watched videos on it. If that was installed correctly id have to guess its in the tune. I thought it would have to be tuned for the timing. Doesn't the tuned map force whatever timing advance or retard you give it. Are you running the proper fuel grade? Maybe some bad fuel. I might go as far as to get a second opinion on the tune to be honest. Did you delete the cats or are you still using the rear 02 sensors? The p0036 seems to be just rear 02 issues, I'd have my tuner deal with the rear sensors as you don't really need them at this point with your current upgrades. Please update and let us know what happens with it.

Originally Posted by Powb
I had a local performance shop do the tuning on it. I was told that it wasn't in the tuning. Directed me to check my timing components and make sure engine is in time. I did so and everything checked out fine.

If I crank from a cold start it starts and idles fine. However as soon as I put it into any gear it will stall and begin only idling with my foot on the throttle up around 900-1000 rpm. Which on my live data is showing my timing fluctuate from 14-40 degrees advanced

I have a vvt camshaft from tsp. I also installed the 0degree lockout. I have changed almost every sensor I can.
DTC codes showing p0011, p0324, p0036
For some reason I feel like my air fuel ratio is off. But could that cause it to show an advanced timing code and make my timing fluctuate. Or do you suspect it be in the tuning

Thanks Richard
Below is the kit I installed. Also added a 2800 Circle D stall.

Quick Reply: L83 tsp stage 2 cam and afm delete