Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

Texas Speed & Performance Engine Machining Shop Tour!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Texas Speed & Performance Engine Machining Shop Tour!

We have updated our website with the latest pictures of our engine machining center, as well as a glimpse at some of the rotating assembly inventory that we stock! This will help to give everyone a better idea as to what goes into a Texas Speed & Performance engine. Our machining and processes allow us to build the best engine on the market with capabilities that many of our competitors do not have. The inventory pictures were taken yesterday. As you can see in the pictures, our inventory includes over 125 crankshafts, over 150 sets of connecting rods, and over 125 sets of pistons! We not only invest in the best machinery to offer the best product, but we also stock the most popular combinations. So, if we do not have an engine in stock, we can have it completed quickly for you.

Don't forget to check out our spring specials! ALL of our engines are on sale, and we have also brought back our "Street Racer" series line of engines for those looking for a little more budget-friendly stroker. It still uses forged crank and rods, and they go through the same stringent machining and assembly processes as any of our other engines!

https://www.texas-speed.com/t-Enginebuildinfo.aspx

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 03-07-2013, 10:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking great man! The attention to detail is key and you guys seem to have that part ironed out.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for an awesome vendor and great group of guys..
Looking forward for placing my older TSP LSX engine with PRC heads..

Sam.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Great work guys. What brand new products do you have in stock?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

If you are asking about the rotating assembly parts, we stock Lunati, Callies, K1 Technologies, our proprietary TSP line, Eagle Specialty Products, and Wiseco pistons. However, the Eagle line is only offered in our rotating assemblies, not in our engines.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Trevor
Old 03-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What information do you have on the Street Racer engines for budget guys like myself, Trevor? I would like to know and keep up the great work in Texas.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Our Street Racer engines are an excellent choice for customers looking for a strong short-block with a forged rotating assembly that are not looking to make huge amounts of power (i.e. 700+ HP). They are built using our proprietary forged crankshaft and forged connecting rods for the stroker applications, and they will still use the strong 2618 forged Wiseco pistons with steel top/napier second ring set. If you purchase a stock-stroke Street Racer engine, it will use a NEW GM 3.622" stroke crankshaft. These setups will be fine for mild-to-moderate boost or nitrous applications. If you have plans (or ever think you will) for over 700 HP, we do recommend our standard line of engines that will start with the Lunati crank and rods as a base and allow you to upgrade as needed. We keep our Street Racer line of engines fairly simple on choices because we want to help keep the price budget-oriented. We do NOT use any used or refurbished parts in any of our engines. While they may work fine for some, you just don't know how many miles are on the used crank or used rods that would be used. Some of our competitors do offer engines with used parts, but we choose not to do so. Part of standing behind our product is knowing that we are using parts that we, as well as our customers, can trust.

You will find a Street Racer line of engines for the LS1, LS2, LS3/L92, and 6.0L iron block engines! We are finishing the adding touches today on our website so everyone can see what each setup offers.

We want to make sure that we have offerings to cover ALL of our customers' needs! From the budget-series line all the way to 1,700+ HP builds, we offer what you want and need. The greatest part is that ALL of our Texas Speed-built engines get the same care, technology, and attention to detail, regardless of which engine it is! Whether we are building a 427 CID LSx or a Street Racer 347 CID LS1, the block gets digitized and machined on our Centroid CNC block machine just the same.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Trevor
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey Trevor, nice info but why did you start this thread in the GenV section?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I included it in the Gen V section as well because we will also be offering these engines once they are officially released from GM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
Our Street Racer engines are an excellent choice for customers looking for a strong short-block with a forged rotating assembly that are not looking to make huge amounts of power (i.e. 700+ HP). They are built using our proprietary forged crankshaft and forged connecting rods for the stroker applications, and they will still use the strong 2618 forged Wiseco pistons with steel top/napier second ring set. If you purchase a stock-stroke Street Racer engine, it will use a NEW GM 3.622" stroke crankshaft. These setups will be fine for mild-to-moderate boost or nitrous applications. If you have plans (or ever think you will) for over 700 HP, we do recommend our standard line of engines that will start with the Lunati crank and rods as a base and allow you to upgrade as needed. We keep our Street Racer line of engines fairly simple on choices because we want to help keep the price budget-oriented. We do NOT use any used or refurbished parts in any of our engines. While they may work fine for some, you just don't know how many miles are on the used crank or used rods that would be used. Some of our competitors do offer engines with used parts, but we choose not to do so. Part of standing behind our product is knowing that we are using parts that we, as well as our customers, can trust.

You will find a Street Racer line of engines for the LS1, LS2, LS3/L92, and 6.0L iron block engines! We are finishing the adding touches today on our website so everyone can see what each setup offers.

We want to make sure that we have offerings to cover ALL of our customers' needs! From the budget-series line all the way to 1,700+ HP builds, we offer what you want and need. The greatest part is that ALL of our Texas Speed-built engines get the same care, technology, and attention to detail, regardless of which engine it is! Whether we are building a 427 CID LSx or a Street Racer 347 CID LS1, the block gets digitized and machined on our Centroid CNC block machine just the same.

Thanks!

Trevor

Trevor. I was wondering about the TSP brand forged crankshaft and rods. What's the quality of these parts and do they have a warranty? Also where are they made? I have a Camaro with PRC 2.5 LS6 heads, TSP Torqer V2 cam, LS6 intake on a stock bottom end and was considering going to a 383 stroker. I like the 383 because I think the 2.5 LS6 heads would just choke out a 402.
So I guess my other question to you is would a "Street Racer" 383 short block make good power and torque and hold up with the heads/cam I have that may also eventually be supercharged at some point? Also do your short blocks come with a warranty? Sorry for all the questions but any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty cool. Do you balance stock rotating assemblies? I plan to use my stock LQ9 crank with forged rods/pistons.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Guitar
Pretty cool. Do you balance stock rotating assemblies? I plan to use my stock LQ9 crank with forged rods/pistons.
Yes, we do balance stock rotating assemblies. We can balance any assembly and have it under 1 gram. Most older balancers will not have this capability, but our machine allows for true precision balancing. We consider this free HP because the better the balance of the rotating assembly the less parasitic loss in power that you will have! We offer balancing for $225. The only exception would be if you had a crank that required heavy metal to be added. Then, the price would go up to cover the cost of the steel slugs that would need to be added.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Trevor
Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1998SilverZ28
Trevor. I was wondering about the TSP brand forged crankshaft and rods. What's the quality of these parts and do they have a warranty?
I was wondering the same...

I'm interested in picking up this from TSP:
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-1016-ts...-assembly.aspx

With the TSP crank, TSP rods and mahle pistons. Will have CNC'd L92 heads and probably run your 224r cam, stock ls3 intake off a 2010 corvette. Will never run any kind of boost or nitrous (this is for a 4x4 desert runner).

Any info ?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
Yes, we do balance stock rotating assemblies. We can balance any assembly and have it under 1 gram. Most older balancers will not have this capability, but our machine allows for true precision balancing. We consider this free HP because the better the balance of the rotating assembly the less parasitic loss in power that you will have! We offer balancing for $225. The only exception would be if you had a crank that required heavy metal to be added. Then, the price would go up to cover the cost of the steel slugs that would need to be added.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Trevor
Awesome. In the middle of deciding WTF to do, so when I get closer to actually putting some money up, I'll be talking with you guys.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1998SilverZ28
Trevor. I was wondering about the TSP brand forged crankshaft and rods. What's the quality of these parts and do they have a warranty? Also where are they made? I have a Camaro with PRC 2.5 LS6 heads, TSP Torqer V2 cam, LS6 intake on a stock bottom end and was considering going to a 383 stroker. I like the 383 because I think the 2.5 LS6 heads would just choke out a 402.
So I guess my other question to you is would a "Street Racer" 383 short block make good power and torque and hold up with the heads/cam I have that may also eventually be supercharged at some point? Also do your short blocks come with a warranty? Sorry for all the questions but any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by 88vertSC
I was wondering the same...

I'm interested in picking up this from TSP:
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-1016-ts...-assembly.aspx

With the TSP crank, TSP rods and mahle pistons. Will have CNC'd L92 heads and probably run your 224r cam, stock ls3 intake off a 2010 corvette. Will never run any kind of boost or nitrous (this is for a 4x4 desert runner).

Any info ?
Trevor could e get an answer on this? i would like to know the same kinda info
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I apologize for the late reply! Our TSP brand crank and rods are the same quality as the Callies Compstar and Lunati Voodoo lines of cranks and rods. It's no secret that both the Compstar and Voodoo lines are imported items, and that is why the price is so competitive. This is the same for the TSP line. They are all quality parts. You can have different names stamped on a crank or a set of rods, but that does not mean that they do not come from the same manufacturer! The difference in good vs. bad imported cranks and rods is not only the control in the manufacturing process but also the QC of the products once they are in our hands. Our QC process for our balanced rotating assemblies and assembled engines is very in-depth, and we work closely with all of the manufacturers when we find issues. We have run into cases before where some cranks slip through a manufacturer's QC process and we catch it at our facility. We spend more time in the QC process of ALL parts to save time in the long run for both the customer and us. There are some lines of cranks that we will not build an engine with because the journals are not round enough to properly set bearing clearances. It all comes down to how stringent an engine builder is with the build process of their engines. We hold tight tolerances to ensure a quality engine when it leaves. Some parts are cheaper because they are inferior, and some parts are cheaper because they don't pass through multiple sets of hands that each want their mark-up on the parts. The TSP cranks and rods are an example of the latter. We are able to purchase the products direct from the manufacturers, so it allows us to pass the savings onto our customers!

The TSP crank and rods offer the same quality as the Compstar and Voodoo lines. If you're considering either of these lines, I would not hesitate to consider the TSP line as well.

Thanks!

Trevor
Old 06-21-2013, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Trevor. I Will be looking in to an LSX block short block for a solid roller nitrous motor in the near future. Wet sump that will probably turn 8k max. 400 plus worth of nitrous. For a local ten5 class. Do you guys do/done anything along those lines?
Thanks.
Roger
Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Roger Blackmore
Trevor. I Will be looking in to an LSX block short block for a solid roller nitrous motor in the near future. Wet sump that will probably turn 8k max. 400 plus worth of nitrous. For a local ten5 class. Do you guys do/done anything along those lines?
Thanks.
Roger
Yes, we have completed builds like this before. We can have Wiseco build a set of custom pistons for your short-block if you are wanting to maximize compression and valve clearance. Feel free to give us a call, and we will be happy to provide you with a quote that will fit your needs!

Thanks!

Trevor
Old 06-24-2013, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Trevor. I will give you a call when the time comes.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Roger Blackmore
Thanks Trevor. I will give you a call when the time comes.
Sounds great! Any of our salesmen that answer the phone will be able to assist you. I can be hard to catch at times, but any of our sales guys will be able to get the engine order going for you! You can also e-mail me at trevor@texas-speed.com if you run into any questions or concerns. Even if I am out of the office, I still check my e-mail regularly.

Thanks!

Trevor

Quick Reply: Texas Speed & Performance Engine Machining Shop Tour!