Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

Gen V Holley Hi Ram with Port Fuel Injection

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gen V Holley Hi Ram with Port Fuel Injection

Hey Guys, Like many I am always in the pursuit of more performance. I was looking around on Holleys website the other day and came across this part # 300-141. It adds Port fuel injection to use in conjunction with the DI, it also comes with the fuel rails. This got me thinking, this would solve the problems of the PCV systems on these things allowing the valves to "coke". I'm just trying to figure out how to electronically add 8 more injectors. For starters I have researched an injector harness to use, the copo Camaro has a injector harness that might work # 19299611. From what I can find out there is some sort of controller that is needed to be an injector driver, anyone with ideas or knowledge regarding this would greatly be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you are trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. Spending money on an intake manifold, secondary fueling (PCM + fuel system) to avoid having to pull the heads off for a freshen up doesn't really seem to justify the effort. You can make a whole lot of power with just the direct injection system. If you need an additional set of 8 injectors to be able to supply fuel you will be making a **** ton of power anyway, and will likely have a properly implemented PCV system or dry sump and the rebuild interval will be such that the engine will likely be apart for a freshen up long before coked intake valves becomes a thing.
Adding a secondary controller like a megasquirt or a haltech or <insert favorite aftermarket controller> to do what you are asking would be pretty trivial, especially at the level of effort to get where secondary fueling becomes a necessity. On the engine side you would need a second trigger wheel on the crank and a MAP sensor input. There are no provisions in the factory ECM for additional injector drivers, so your hope of tackling this with a factory solution are pretty slim to non-existent.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Injector controller = OK

Hi 4.8, I do the same thing with the Ford ECO-Boost engine, as they now do.

My ECU-882C will drive the injector just fine AND is native to the GM-58x for decode.
One feature is the ability to "time" the Injection Instant as you wish.
They can be "staged" easily.
There is a Board mounted MAP/BARO sensor.
There is a Data Logger Chip, 1 M-Bit.

Thus this method will not restrict the engine output, the MAX FLOW of the GDI fuel system limiting HP.

Just ask for my help ?

Lance
Old 12-10-2017, 07:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

okt
t
t
t
t
t
t