Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

seal alignment crank front and rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default seal alignment crank front and rear

I know LS engines have alignemnt tools that allow you to locate the front and rear covers. But the Gen V I haven't seen alignment tools available for the Gen V LT.
I don't believe the covers are pinned on the LT but I could be wrong (feedback welcome)
So what is everyone doing to assure proper alignment? the motor is on the stand and Id like to ge this right before it goes in the truck
Old 04-29-2024, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Xlexustech
I know LS engines have alignemnt tools that allow you to locate the front and rear covers. But the Gen V I haven't seen alignment tools available for the Gen V LT.
I don't believe the covers are pinned on the LT but I could be wrong (feedback welcome)
So what is everyone doing to assure proper alignment? the motor is on the stand and Id like to ge this right before it goes in the truck
I never used an alignment tool for my front or rear seals. I got the seals installed in the covers, on the rear I got the bolts started and pushed it on by hand then cranked the bolts down. On the front I got the bolts started then installed my ATI damper hub and then tightened all the bolts down. That was a few years ago now and no issues

Quick Reply: seal alignment crank front and rear