Group Purchase Requests Please post your GP requests here for the sponsors to consider them.

GP:Midwest Chassis Fabbed 9"???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patriotformula
Pmed... Remember in the end of the day, you're using your stock/current torque arm with this setup, and have a heavy/yet weak stock stamped style housing...

Just for the record, I had one of these stock stamped style housings and the axle tubes broke a weld, was heavier then hell, and I got rid of it in favor of a MWC rearend...
PM'ed back...

DM
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Well everyone in the QP thread seems to say great things about them. Like I said, if MWC can match what I am getting then I have no problem give them my business.

Here is the setup I am getting:

$975 – 9” Ford Housing/Axle Package (1998 Trans Am)
- Custom Width (Please Specify)
$35 - - Adjustable Lower Control Arm Brackets
- Moser Axles, Axle Bearings, Wheel Studs, & Retainers
- 35 Spline, 5 on 4-3/4” Bolt Pattern, ½” Wheel Studs
$1165 – Center Section (Assembled) – ALL NEW PARTS
- Moser Aluminum Thru-Bolt Case
- Aluminum Daytona Pinion Support
- 1350 Billet Steel Yoke
$100 - - Richmond Double Diamond 9310 REM Gears (3.70 Ratio)
- Full Drag Spool (35 Spline
- Timken USA Bearings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$120 - SHIPPING (UPS Ground)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$2395 - TOTAL

DM
yeah same goes for me...
Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CaMaRo67RS355
yeah same goes for me...

Yeah I thought it better to drop the Detroit Locker for the Spool and disperse the extra money to other parts. 3 upgrades for the price of the Detroit

DM
Old 07-09-2009, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I'm still going with the MWC rear end, even if there is no GB. I'll just save a little longer.

The MWC rear end already comes with LCA brackets, swaybar hookups, and a strange center section with a richmond gears/billet trac-loc. Not to mention that you get a new cross member, fully adjustable torque arm, and a drive shaft loop.

The abs is still a $100 upgrade, and I'll be getting his adjustable chromoly LCAs and panhard bar for about $285. $125 for powdercoating is a great deal, and the U-joint is about $25. All said and done I'll have a little over $3200 in it, I think. Tack on a little more for the machine shop work (abs rings pulled and pressed and backing plates) and I'll be set.

Is it cheap? Not at all. Is it a fantastic value? Absolutely I used to toy with the idea of getting a Moser rear end but there were so many variables... like the axle tubes being welded on incorrectly and moser being okay with a +/- 3 degrees out of whack. I'll stick to the hand made rear with laser precision. Not to mention, this is a serious racecar piece. If its in the air at a muffler shop or something, you'll get a crap load of looks

I say get what you want, even if it means skipping a season and just saving. His prices won't go up that much.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by patriotformula
Pmed... Remember in the end of the day, you're using your stock/current torque arm with this setup, and have a heavy/yet weak stock stamped style housing...

Just for the record, I had one of these stock stamped style housings and the axle tubes broke a weld, was heavier then hell, and I got rid of it in favor of a MWC rearend...
Well just got off the phone with Eric after chewing at his ear for an hour, lol. Everything stated about him is an understatement, he truly seems like a solid guy! Very helpful and and MORE THAN patient.

He is going to itemize a quote for me to see what can be done. The idea we hung up on, was to get the housing package without the center and run a factory 9"center with Motive standard gears, till my power calls for a custom setup. I hope I explained that right, lol...

I will let you guys know what happens.

DM

Last edited by Devils Mentor; 07-09-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I agree +1 for Eric he is a great guy and very helpful, I plan on getting ahold of him shortly for my 9" set up the 10 bolt isn't gonna hold the power I am going to put down in about a week :-).
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

What center carrier comes with the standard setup?
Old 07-10-2009, 04:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Iron Strange, with a billet trac-loc (beast, not like a stock traclock), billet or forged pinion support (daytona), with Richmond gears from the usa... not yukon or something chinese.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am trying to save up for a MW Fab9 Because its Hardcore KICKASS, But If my GM deemed worthy POS 10bolt takes a dump on me before I have enough $ I am also considering a Strange Dana 60, Being a college student is kinda gay (I also am saving for coilovers) and shipping is a bitch here but I won't settle for anything worse.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Banned

Has the OP talked more to Eric about this!? I am ready to buy, actually waiting on Eric at this point, so if we could get this going I am deff on the list!

DM
Old 08-03-2009, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

ive talked to him a few times ive been ready as well... i will email him again and see whats up. in his previous message he said he might work a little something out but it wont be huge because they dont have room to move on them
Old 08-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

Well i went ahead and got Eric started on mine. Too bad this did not go anywhere, I would have loved to saved a little more $$$, lol. GL guys!!!

DM
Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much noise does this rear make with all those heim joints? Is there an option to go poly so it doesn't rattle the **** out of you?

BTW how does this rear stack up to Strange's S60? I'm interested in getting a new rear since my Monster just ate my 10 bolt.

Quick Reply: GP:Midwest Chassis Fabbed 9"???