Group Purchase Requests Please post your GP requests here for the sponsors to consider them.

wanted jet hot coating any sponsers do this??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wanted jet hot coating any sponsers do this??

i want to get my 6.0 manifolds jet hot coated and them my cross over pipes for my turbo..once its finished

any sponsors jet hot coat??

let me know

thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

???? Only vendor to do JetHot Coating (Trademark Name) is JetHot themselves as far as I know - give them a call - they do custom work all the time.

Now if you're just looking for a ceramic/metal composite coating - there are many companies that will coat for you...
Old 12-28-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
???? Only vendor to do JetHot Coating (Trademark Name) is JetHot themselves as far as I know - give them a call - they do custom work all the time.

Now if you're just looking for a ceramic/metal composite coating - there are many companies that will coat for you...

i want the high temp protective coating....ie like jet hot....

any around greensburgh??
Old 12-28-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Actually, JetHot IS in PA.

Only other place I know of in PA that does metallic-ceramic coatings would be American Precision Powder Coating, LLC in Beaver Falls, PA couldn't attest to their process or quality...

Out of PA:

Hyperkote, Inc. Orlando, FLA
M&R Performance Coatings Kodak, TN
Moore Powder Coatings Waverly, NB
Performance Coatings Auburn, WA

Obviously not all coatings are created equal though - I've had quite a few items done by JetHot for my cars thru the years. Right now I have JetHot Hooker LT's and the JetHot Y-Pipe on my 2K WS6.

Always happy with their quality - underhood temps were significantly reduced due to the coating - used an IR Camera for profile before & after adding JetHot coated headers & I've never had a problem with rusting (course none of the cars that I have had this done for has EVER seen rain or snow! )
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my new Kooks 1 7/8" headers done by Jet Hot 2 weeks ago. It was $270, and they quoted I believe $10/linear foot for collector pipes and such. Hope that helps.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:59 AM
TECH Regular

Jet Hot's coating sucks on a daily driver, or anything else that will see wet conditions... The bottom tubes and collectors looked like hell on my old headers. They started rusting within a year and progressively got worse.

True the underhood temps were lower significantly, but don't expect to drive it and the headers still look good underneath.

Last edited by Blown408; 12-29-2005 at 07:06 AM.

Quick Reply: wanted jet hot coating any sponsers do this??