Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2foryou
Did anybody see the black c5z sitting over by holley tent, black ccws with red on them? Has 347 with an f1.. first time hearing one in person... the saying about gates of hell opening up to swallow your soul or babies or whatever, is true!!!
car is straight nasty! 23# 900+rw. Possibly my favorite, or close, actual street car.. Sound is insane!

Nice to have met you lemons hope you had a good time. that F1 car was mine ...... thanks for the kind words, this better have been you favorite car lol just kidding.... I saw lots of great combos, cars ,power adders and a bunch of great guys. hope to se all in Indy
You too man, I think I brought your car up every ten mins the whole weekend! Haha
Nice to meet you too! It's nice being around thousands of people that share the same Passion as I do.

Perfect weekend!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Drag radial final anthony manna from chicago wins against mark koehler.

Syf winner brian black against steve hopkins.
Anthony and Brian showing the rest of the country that Illinois knows how to get it done on radials....
Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the Updates PSJ.

The DR cars were having a hard time getting down because they were basically over powering the track. The track was PERFECT all weekend long, as I was running consistent 1.24-1.26 60's all weekend long. I've never been down a track so sticky that I was dead hooking the little 275 radial. Had I wanted to chance it, I would of put a larger tuneup in as the track had the bite to take it.

Overall a great weekend was had by all. I vote Tim99WS6 as having the busiest and most crowded pit around...Hahaha
Old 09-12-2011, 10:13 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95
Thanks for the Updates PSJ.

The DR cars were having a hard time getting down because they were basically over powering the track. The track was PERFECT all weekend long, as I was running consistent 1.24-1.26 60's all weekend long. I've never been down a track so sticky that I was dead hooking the little 275 radial. Had I wanted to chance it, I would of put a larger tuneup in as the track had the bite to take it.

Overall a great weekend was had by all. I vote Tim99WS6 as having the busiest and most crowded pit around...Hahaha

Haha, thanks. By the end of the weekend I was doing my best to just stay out of the way and let them enjoy the moment. We've been struggling along for about 3 years now building the car from scratch and then breaking everything on it. I think Brian and Blue are elected our "PR campaign" for the night life. Those boys are non-stop.

I really had no problem with traction on my 275's either. I lost traction in first round due to the right wheel, no lie, making an entire rotation on the tire. I guess it's time for bead-locks. That would explain the hard right it took on the hit.

Pitting next to the Brian Black group was truly a pleasure. Those guys are top class racers. I still say he needs to bring that car to Valdosta in October to run against my tuner's car in x275 and the rest of the top tier x275 cars!

Ps-->I officially hate:

1) turbo car burnout
2) my non-working line lock
3) my slow responding trans-brake
4) TH400 sprag....never had it after friday. It's the 3rd time this year i've killed one.

All in all, 5.8's aint half bad on a 8.5 tire tuneup with no boost controller and no 2nd gear, haha.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks guys, was near perfect weekend, only 2 tiny issues. 1 i had to pull off the left rear and remove the balancing weights cus the tire was slipping on the rim about 6" per pass, that and i had to raise the front of the car cuz i was rubbing/ melting out the fender liner on the tire trying to stop without pulling the chute. Before the second run the trans and engine were both stable @ 200 and I felt like she could do another 3 laps however I was pooped and ringing wet. Look forward to making another three laps in the shootout. Maybe then someone will get off some cash for it!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
Thanks guys, was near perfect weekend, only 2 tiny issues. 1 i had to pull off the left rear and remove the balancing weights cus the tire was slipping on the rim about 6" per pass, that and i had to raise the front of the car cuz i was rubbing/ melting out the fender liner on the tire trying to stop without pulling the chute. Before the second run the trans and engine were both stable @ 200 and I felt like she could do another 3 laps however I was pooped and ringing wet. Look forward to making another three laps in the shootout. Maybe then someone will get off some cash for it!
Congrads on another win!

High tack on the rim and tire againt the lip will help ALOT to keep the tire from spining on the rim.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a video of the white T/A riding bumper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xg4lh0rJc4
Old 09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
9 Second Club

Must have been a pretty scary site in the left lane
Old 09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 267 Likes on 101 Posts

Great event, just like last year! Track was good almost all weekend, heck with the forecast, another reason to always head out to the event despite what the weather looks like!! Props to the Beech Bend guys for keeping the track in check. Great to see a couple of guys stepping into Drag Radial and a NEW winner - great final! Still need more cars, without going back and checking, seemed to be about only 6-7 (at best) or so in most the heads up classes. Where was LMR?

SYF (X275). Wow, where was all the internet talkers? This was their race, rules and all (1/8 mile). Brian Black's (smkn95 ta) car looks better in person than on the internet, nice ride for sure, on a rail. I assume it has more in it, he was just racing smart. Hopkins (sp?) made a nice hit 5.15 at one point, struggled with consistency though, nonetheless FAST car. Ray Litz (Koolrayz) made a nice pass in the 5.30's (impressive at his weight) for a street legal car. Nice job Ray.

Real Street was better than the previous ones, the 6-spd entry (primered car) was cool while on the bottle, real nice car too. I saw the 9.20 pass rowing the gears, awesome! The yellow CE/TA (turbo entry) and Paul Falcon's white bird (N20) ran real well, congrats to Paul for the runner up and consistent upper 8's most of the weekend with a #1 qualifier in the 8.70's. The Lingenfelter white '10 Camaro is a beautiful ride and hopefully not a representation of what this class will migrate too. Super top notch car! If it gets figured out, look out! They should step up into DR with that thing and quit monkeying around in RS, alot of car compared to everyone elses, nonetheless great showing for their first outing. How about the Prestons showing up right in the nick of time for the last qualifier Sat afternoon (late) and going to the #2 spot right off the trailer - great race between he and Paul for the last qualifier, a pair of 8.88's. Stepping it up to an 8.50 pass in final was cool after pulling a solid 2 day turnaround putting the car back together before the race.

All motor. 3 cars! Almost looked like Jud (SAM) wasn't going to get it figured out, but then went an 8.30 something. Congrats to Hunneycut for a strong showing, mid 8's all weekend.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by helicoil
Where was LMR?
LMR hurt the motor at the 11th hour.

Props to Joe/Amber for hauling their N/a monster up from Tx on an open trailer and showing the true spirit of racing all weekend long.

8.50's all weekend long in a N/a car with only two people...and a 3yr old is insane to me.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

So what's my new nickname, the Hawaiian or Mr. Chow? I can't help it that I tan so well.

Man, I'm buzzin' over here after having a the largest size Red Bull.

We had a trailer flat on I65 so lost time and my head hit the pillow at 4:30 and my kids were waking me up at 7AM.

NICE job Holley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Props to Tom Tomlinson, Bill Tichenor, Robin Lawrence, Scott Witwer, Jimi Day and all the other folks who put the race on... outstanding.

Special thanks to Jeff Conley. You sir know how to glue a track, Andy was 1.26 - 1.30 all weekend and Anthony cranked off a personal best of 1.28 as well. Andy's passes were straight as an arrow, he said the car never felt better.

Special thanks to Mark Koehler. You are the BEST racer in the scene, you are positive, helpful, and honestly there would NOT have been any cars from Chicago running drag radial if it wasn't for your help and words of encouragement this year AND last year.

Eric Vicary Midwest Chassis. You kick *** sir. Thank you for all your advice on the chassis, you made a huge difference in Andy's car, that's what got him to go 1.26 - 1.29's about four passes in a row. I hope we can make your track rental.

Congrats to Anthony on winning drag radial, most people on the web wouldn't know this, but him and Neil changed the passenger side head gasket on the car Friday morning. Our morale was somber since the car had that problem and we wondered all weekend if the car was gonna push water. Anthony's best at home was a 7.77 and he ran his best of a 7.60 at the LS Fest.

Congrats to Andy starting off with a last year best of 7.91 and getting down to 7.65 in five hits. Andy was fighting traction issues for the last 6-8 weeks and we brought the car down hoping that it could get figured out.

Congrats to Brian Black for having the most dialed in car that I've ever seen. He was gettin it DONE. This made up for last year when he broke first day and ended up just spectating.

I could keep going but I need another quart-sized Red Bull...

In no particular order (as I always do) it was great seeing...

lastls1
408ant
possessed1
nineball
mrs. nine ball
uncle robin
bill tichenor
scott wittwer
doc jamie meyer
trevor tsp
jason tsp
the other 3 guys at tsp
brent malone lpe
mike copeland lpe
graham behan lpe
jon ebert lpe
tim99ws6 and his 50 friends
mightymouse
nmass99
coolrayz
98caamarolsx steve hopkins
waterproofer mike meeks and his crew
brian palsicko
his buddy who used to have that cool punisher hood on his camaro
rodney rpm
atomic fusion, his crew chief tommy
mark koehler
mike brown
brian oh boys
dave oh boys
mike oh boys
zssman phil!!!
judson
his life linda
patrick? from SAM
scott parker gmhtp "we make sexy time now polo frank?"
justin cesler gmhtp
jim mcilvaine
johnny hunkins phr
bob mcgaffin phr
nick licata camaro performers
steven rupp camaro performance
henry de los santos chevy hi performance
joe blah blah tv show
the spikey hair dude from truckin
mark stielow
jeff schwartz
tommy steadman
adam preston
tim zimmerman
paul falcon
joe honeycutt
amber honeycutt
bes stroked nova
brian black
rusty
brian's family
that sdpc guy who wanted me to have 10 sandwichs
so low Chris from PA
Cheeks
dalton
don dixon gto
marvin the red big tire gto
bgblockelcamino
brian hogan
josh ky turbo
273sunsetorangez
adam @ callies
allan from bmr
jason debler, co-founder www.camaroz28.com

I'll add later.

sleep y

Last edited by Pro Stock John; 09-13-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Barbershop racing had a great time even though 2 of the 3 cars we brought broke drivetrain parts.

Big thanks to Jeremy@RPMtransmissions for helping me out this weekend.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Back in the office! Man what a great event, thanks Holley, Blane, and Jimi Day! I was glad to be a part of this special event. Also a big shout out to all of my boys in Drag Radial, thanks for the great show and product support! I was great meeting all of my fellow tech enthusiast!

Adam @ Callies
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

In no particular order (as I always do) it was great seeing...

I'll add later.

sleep y
Don't forget "that guy I see at every event that acts like he knows me who had the blue LT1 at the thirdgen.org track rental back in the day at US41"

LOL

That's me btw. Good seeing you again John. The car hauled *** for sure!

Originally Posted by TrikeMike
Barbershop racing had a great time even though 2 of the 3 cars we brought broke drivetrain parts.

Big thanks to Jeremy@RPMtransmissions for helping me out this weekend.
No problem Mike. It sucks that the trans went but the car looked good tho. Let me know if you ever need anything.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had a great time, lots of people showed to support, back at home now, just got done catchin up on some sleep. Had a small issue with the car all weekend causing it too cut out when shifting into 3rd and also into 4th. Most likely detonation, fixed with some vp 109 from lingenfelter.

Had another issue in the third round with a missed shift causing me too lose, i think its the shifter but who knows. Its was doing the same thing on the i state that morning while i was testing for the other problem.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Must have been a pretty scary site in the left lane
lol not really. my nitrous solenoid didnt fire so the car loaded up on fuel and fell on its face or i would have been right there so i was just concerned with what the car was doing and looked up like wow that looks like a fun ride lol. it was a blessing in disguise that it messed up. here is another view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_6ZemdFbc
Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by helicoil

Real Street was better than the previous ones, the 6-spd entry (primered car) was cool while on the bottle, real nice car too. I saw the 9.20 pass rowing the gears, awesome!

yeah I was trying, this weekend was the first time for the nitrous, so it was a lot for us to figure out with really only 2 guys working on the car, mostly me on the car, and the tuner on the computer.

Had a blast though, hope to get some stuff figure out with the controller and be a little more of a race for these guys at the shootout. and with a T56!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHpT...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-12-2011, 02:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
lol not really. my nitrous solenoid didnt fire so the car loaded up on fuel and fell on its face or i would have been right there so i was just concerned with what the car was doing and looked up like wow that looks like a fun ride lol. it was a blessing in disguise that it messed up. here is another view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_6ZemdFbc

Who was that? (white car?)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I'm thinking Paul Falcon?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
9 Second Club

I'm thinking Paul Falcon?
I think falcon is a firebird body with the black wheels. Can't see the video from work to say if that's him or not?

Quick Reply: Updates