Congrats to Brian Black

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:22 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Congrats to Brian Black

Your car was on rails congrats on a well deserved win in SYF. Cant wait to see the GMHTP article. I cant believe they have not done one before.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrads !

Wondering if you are going to make the trip to Ga. next month?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contrats to Brian Black and crew

Congrats Brian on the win. Just wished I could of done some testing on 2 kits before I came to Bowling Green and maybe I could of gave you a better race in the finals. Ray it was nice meeting you also, it's fun to go to these events because you always get to meet and race with some really good guys. If you guys come to Georgia next month I will see you then.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
8 Second Club

Congrats!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Congrats Brian and crew, and it was great seeing Steve and crew again it's been a for years for me...

Steve I'd like to get that t shirt I mentioned it would be quite rare up here.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by koolrayz
Your car was on rails congrats on a well deserved win in SYF. Cant wait to see the GMHTP article. I cant believe they have not done one before.
Thanks Ray. Our race was closer than I expected....as I think you found the "I have *****" button on your boost controller I short shifted first gear and my motor doesnt like it....good thing that second kit came in strong!

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Congrads !

Wondering if you are going to make the trip to Ga. next month?
I've been debating that for the past few weeks. I've got a X275 race up here in Wisconsin this weekend, but after that I may skip the LSX shootout and come to Georgia. Just trying to figure out my schedule right now, and how competitive I can be in GA.

Originally Posted by 98 CAMARO LSX
Congrats Brian on the win. Just wished I could of done some testing on 2 kits before I came to Bowling Green and maybe I could of gave you a better race in the finals. Ray it was nice meeting you also, it's fun to go to these events because you always get to meet and race with some really good guys. If you guys come to Georgia next month I will see you then.
I agree. It is nice to meet and race with really good guys. Too bad we didn't have more in our class, but I had a good time racing this weekend. I knew if you got down the track, it was going to be a close race. I didn't have time to swap to a new set of tires on sunday afteroon, so I just backed down the power so I could make sure I got from point a to b.

We might see you in GA

Originally Posted by SMITH
Congrats!
And thank YOU for all of the help. If it wasn't for your assistance this season I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am. Hopefully I might get to meet you in person down in GA this year.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian what kind of engine management are you using to control the fuel side of the n20? Your spraying in closed loop I assume? Or are you using a controller like the NLR-NMS1000 to control the kits?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Brian what kind of engine management are you using to control the fuel side of the n20? Your spraying in closed loop I assume? Or are you using a controller like the NLR-NMS1000 to control the kits?
I am using Big Stuff 3 for the dry nitrous management. I'm testing the Dry nitrous control for BS3 and the coil on plug setup. He had it out for the distributor guys, but I was the first to use it on the LS 8 coils.

It controls fuel, timing etc. It goes strictly off of what lbs/hr number you input into the dry nitrous erichment table. Works FLAWLESS
Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95
I am using Big Stuff 3 for the dry nitrous management. I'm testing the Dry nitrous control for BS3 and the coil on plug setup. He had it out for the distributor guys, but I was the first to use it on the LS 8 coils.

It controls fuel, timing etc. It goes strictly off of what lbs/hr number you input into the dry nitrous erichment table. Works FLAWLESS
So you input the required lb/hr of fuel needed to match the nitrous jet you are using at the desired afr? Or is it mainly trial and error on the amount of fuel needed to get it at the desired afr? Or is it as simple as lb/hr input and setting a commanded afr?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the last few great races Brian. You are doing great.
Dave

Quick Reply: Congrats to Brian Black