Is there a class my LS powered car can qualify for?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is there a class my LS powered car can qualify for?

Is there a class my LS powered car can qualify for?

Been trying to cypher out the class rules to see if my car qualifies to race.

Seems I run into either chassis or stock body rules for classes it might be able to be halfway competitive in.

Car: 1964 Corvette Coupe. Body is not stock. Front fenders widened 8.0" and rear quarters widen 6.0" over stock so Front and Rear are same width.

Engine: LS3 376/480 crate engine.

Transmission: 4L80E based 6 sp automatic transmission.

Chassis: Aftermarket rectangular tube frame that maintains stock frame dimensions and equipped with C4 Vette style front and rear suspension.

Car was built to be a fun driver, A/C, Cruise, Full Power Seats, 150 Lbs of sound deadener and heat shielding, not a stripped down racer. Weighs in at little over 150 lbs heavier than stock 1964 Corvette Coupe but redeems itself with it's front to rear weight distribution.

Seems the stock body and/or stock chassis requirement exclude it.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

You could run index as long as you have the required safety equipment for your ET... Nice car btw!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
You could run index as long as you have the required safety equipment for your ET... Nice car btw!
John,

Is below the index class rules used at LS Fest?

If so, doesn't the {Stock Bodied} requirement not eliminate my car since it's widened to fit tires and wheels, not tubbed so tires and wheels fit inside stock body-lines?

LSX RUMBLE (Index) CLASS This class is open to GM LS powered vehicles. GENERAL OVERVIEW: Any vehicle powered by a GM LS style power plant permitted. All races are on a .500 Pro Tree and in an index format. This will be an ALL RUN qualifying format. Vehicles are required to be stock appearing and stock bodied. All vehicles MUST pass NHRA\IHRA safety inspection for ET and speed. Vehicles must be driven to staging and to scales, can be towed after scales. Vehicles are required to run NMCA windshield banner and Sponsor decal on front windshield.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

LS Fest will run index and you will be fine.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if he has the correct rated tires his car may be good for the grand champion( whatever it is called). autocross,drag race, start/stop challenge, cruise, car show. points for each event.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c_keith74
if he has the correct rated tires his car may be good for the grand champion( whatever it is called). autocross,drag race, start/stop challenge, cruise, car show. points for each event.
and if it has tags and insurance can run true street.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems there was a 60 something Corvette there last year having a blast all weekend so I would say you will be good to go!

N2

Quick Reply: Is there a class my LS powered car can qualify for?