Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Power Tour 2011, who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool car. so the long haulers all went to the proving grounds?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tour was blast, almost had to call it quits early though, broke my TB on the track at valdosta, and had to limp to Lake city with fingers crossed hoping a used TB would fix me, caught a break there...

Lots of terrifying things on the trip too though, shortly after fixing the TB, we watched a guy on a bicycle get hit by a car. Poor fella went flying, however he did get up himself and moved to side of the road, bloodied, but conscious and able to walk. Seen the mustang half way up the hill between Indy and Muskegon, tried to figure out how he got that far up. Then leaving the Metropark, watched and tried to get an old man's attention that he was going down a one way street (silly large medians with turn-arounds in MI) before he managed to swerve, and avoid a head on collision, but still ended up getting t-boned. Then cruising home through the hills of Kentucky on I75, saw a couple of cars pulled off on the side, and some guy laying down on the shoulder....

Rest of it was great, just wish the TB hadnt made me so damned gun shy for the rest of the trip
Old 06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Traveling from Indy to Muskegon, we were passing through the small town of Lakeville, IN. A kid in a 98 Camry going the opposite direction on the 4 lane, side swiped a car, spun out of control into on-coming traffic and guess who he hit. Yeah, us. No one was hurt, although my wife is pretty sore today and bruised from the seat belt and airbag, but the car you see in my signature is probably totaled.
That really sucks! Very sorry to hear! We saw your car on the rollback Glad everyone was OK though.
Hopefully insurance will treat you right. I've had 2 cars totaled by other stupid drivers and it worked out in my favor both times. I know you love your car, but you're better off with it being totaled and finding another than getting that one fixed! It probably would never be the same.
Good luck.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Here's my Long Hauler photo! They can all be found on hotrod.com
Old 06-18-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunset01SS
That really sucks! Very sorry to hear! We saw your car on the rollback Glad everyone was OK though.
Hopefully insurance will treat you right. I've had 2 cars totaled by other stupid drivers and it worked out in my favor both times. I know you love your car, but you're better off with it being totaled and finding another than getting that one fixed! It probably would never be the same.
Good luck.
Thanks for the kind words and the advice.

I know these cars will never be like the MOPAR's that are going for six figures, but at the same time, we're not exactly talking about a Chevy Cavalier either. The cars we have are future classic cars.

There were 1602 Firebird Formulas produced in 1999. I'm not about to let my 53k mile specimen go to be picked apart at a Boneyard without a fight.

Am I being sentimental? Sure. But I've yet to find anyone I've spoken with think that I'm being unreasonable to want my property repaired due to an accident that wasn't my fault. I find it hard to believe I have to fight for this at all. The entire situation is ridiculous.

*My apologies to the members who are using this thread as it is intended. My posts here have strayed from the original topic and I am sorry. This situation has me frustrated. I get on a rant and find it difficult to stop myself. I should probably start a new thread in the proper section. Again, thank you to all who have wished me well. *
Old 06-18-2011, 05:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

*My apologies to the members who are using this thread as it is intended. My posts here have strayed from the original topic and I am sorry. This situation has me frustrated. I get on a rant and find it difficult to stop myself. I should probably start a new thread in the proper section. Again, thank you to all who have wished me well. *
Don't worry about it. This thread was for the sole purpose of finding out who all was going on Power Tour, now that the tour is over it's, more of a" what happened on Power Tour" thread. I check this thread from time to time to see what I missed, and well, this is what happened so it's relevant. Good luck with getting your car repaired and hopefully if next year will be better.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I as usual had a great time on the Power Tour. After eight in a row I guess you could say that I am a addict. Only got to run part of it this year due to other commitments. But had a great time and met some more great people. I have more fun on the Power Tour than at all the other car events put together for the whole year. The quality and variety of the cars and people make it the unique event that it is. I have met a lot of good people over the years and see many of them year after year. That is what keeps me coming back. People who complain about the heat or the length of the drive need not attend. The Tour is "THE TOUR" and it is not for everyone. But I feel fortunate that it works so well for me. Tour till it hurts!! See ya next year!!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sunset01SS
Here's my Long Hauler photo! They can all be found on hotrod.com

i thought "hey thats me" but i guess its not

Old 06-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good time meeting some of you guys for the first time. We did the long haul in the white "Pace car" camaro that was in the Nitto booth. Fantastic trip overall! Really looking forward to next year but trying to decide what we are taking. SS has made 2 tours now. Windshield doesn't have any more room for the "long hauler" stickers!

Sorry for the troubles with the 99 Formula! We were stopped at a gas station and you had to pass us to have that accident. We saw it as we drove past (cops already on the scene). VERY unfortunate incident. Sadly I am sure that car is totaled and unfortunately insurance will always fight to give as little as possible. Good luck with your fight but I fear it will be a low paying result

We had some minor incidents on our trip. Only one really of note was a semi's trailer have a blow out about 4 cars in front of us and me basically center punching the tire. Marked the bumper and broke the lower grille but overall nothing TOO major. Marks came off and grille is barely noticeable.

William
Old 06-26-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
i thought "hey thats me" but i guess its not

Finally someone from tech that I met on tour. Me and my friends talked to you for a while as you were waiting to get on the dyno in Detroit. Very nice looking car and the enginer room was awesome looking, straight to the point and clean looking. We missed its run on the dyno, how did it do?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
Finally someone from tech that I met on tour. Me and my friends talked to you for a while as you were waiting to get on the dyno in Detroit. Very nice looking car and the enginer room was awesome looking, straight to the point and clean looking. We missed its run on the dyno, how did it do?
LOL...thats funny he was the first guy from tech that i met on tour to then i meet two other guys and ended up doing the whole tour with one of them and realized we only live to streets from each other and now i have some new personal friends
Old 06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

my car made 583/531....it has a LITTLE more in it, but not much
Old 06-28-2011, 05:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
my car made 583/531....it has a LITTLE more in it, but not much
And it sounds even nastier than the numbers suggest that mother will make your hair stand up on the back of your neck.I went by with my small cam headers and open borla and threw a rev in which he responed with a exhaust note that made me feel like i drove a honda
Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

His has to be freakin' loud then! I have LTs and ORY with a cutout on my Borla, you can hear it across town with it open haha.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't come to a settlement with the Insurance Co. yet (the At-Fault Driver's is being a little bitch, as expected), but I did make a decision on whether or not to restore my 99 Formula or to purchase a different car. And since I don't want to part with a car I've had & loved for more than 7 years and I also don't want to go without having one of these cars to play with, decided I would do BOTH...

My Black car in my signature is repairable, but its going to take alot of time, money and effort, so in the mean time I purchased this car to tide me over and to use as a reference to help me put my 99 back together.

Power Tour 2011, who's in?-new-arrival-1.jpg Power Tour 2011, who's in?-new-arrival-2.jpg Power Tour 2011, who's in?-new-arrival-3.jpg Power Tour 2011, who's in?-new-arrival-4.jpg

Its a 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula WS6 that I purchased from a fellow Tech Member. Navy Blue Metallic, with Black Leather Interior, 47k Miles, 6 Speed, and virtually stock aside from an Aftermarket Y-pipe, LM2 Catback, and TTI Exhaust Tips.

This is the car you'll see me in on the 2012 HRPT.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW sorry to hear your still having problems with that mumbles but i guess you could say that the silver lining is that now you will have two if it all pans out the way you want even thought im sure it cost alot but now your have two sexy ta's.Hopefully if i can find a new job ill see you on 2012 HRPT because me and the wife had a blast this but when we got home i allowing with a lot of others got laid off so now im broke but its all good im just glad i was able to go before it happened, keep us posted.

Last edited by firebird99; 07-22-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Formulas, not ugly T/As, get it right! Haha, nice pick up on the new car! Navy blue is a good color, not as good as black , but still nice. If this winter is anything like lasts you will have more than enough time to get your old one running haha.

Hopefully trading up to a Z06(or going to the dark side and getting a Terminator) for next years Power Tour. As much as I love my car it would take far to much money to get it to the level of either of those for what they are going for, and after spending all that money it'd still be worth only half as much.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gocartone
Formulas, not ugly T/As, get it right!
The man is correct. I won't have a pair of T/A's. I will have not one, not two, but THREE Firebird Formula's at my disposal once the Black car is repaired.

Haha, nice pick up on the new car! Navy blue is a good color, not as good as black , but still nice.
Thanks, man. You're absolutely right. NBM is a beautiful color (my wife likes it a lot), but its definitely not Black.

If this winter is anything like last's you will have more than enough time to get your old one running haha.
God I wish I could get it restored that quickly, but I don't believe my 1999 will be back on the road by the end of this coming Winter. Too many other financial obligations presently. Maybe in a couple years, if all goes well. I am gonna need a newer pickup (daily driver) some time in the near future, so that may delay repairs, as well. I promise though, it will be done.

Hopefully trading up to a Z06(or going to the dark side and getting a Terminator) for next years Power Tour. As much as I love my car it would take far to much money to get it to the level of either of those for what they are going for, and after spending all that money it'd still be worth only half as much.
I could see upgrading to the Z06, but I have to voice my disapproval of looking into the Mustang.

Although, if you're really looking to get rid of your 02 Formula, I know a guy who may be interested. (ME!)
Old 08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

I could see upgrading to the Z06, but I have to voice my disapproval of looking into the Mustang.
I've always loved the look of the C5 Z06, much better looking than the base C6s. Plus all that power and ~3000lbs is a hard package to beat. The main reason I'm even thinking about the Mustang is the crazy amount of power those are making They do need it to haul their fat asses around, but 8-900whp would get that job done without a problem.

Although, if you're really looking to get rid of your 02 Formula, I know a guy who may be interested. (ME!)
55k miles, 2 owners(one other and myself), no paint work....
Old 11-08-2011, 04:57 AM
12 Second Club

2012 det. to texas i think i read

Quick Reply: Power Tour 2011, who's in?