Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Stop 5. Wednesday June 9 - Davenport, IA

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Talking Stop 5. Wednesday June 9 - Davenport, IA

Power Tour rolls into Davenport, IA from St. Louis on Wednesday June 9. The gathering will be at the Mississippi Valley Fair. Use this thread to plan your gathering or trip.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is this

I think I know what you are referring to, but it would be nice to have an address to be sure. There is a great little town just North of I80 called LeClaire, IA. It has a couple of nice family owned motels. It's on the river and the river drives are something to see.

If fact, I hope the route takes us up through Keokuk, IA and crosses over to the IL side there. The scenic river route up through Nauvoo, IL, Niota, IL and other quaint river towns. If you love old homesites you will love this trip, not to mention the scenic river view of the great Mississippi river.

Nauvoo is truly, a town out of the past. It was where the Mormons crossed the Mississippi river and many stayed there. The homesites are still standing all on quarter mile lots. It is amazing! And, if you like crafts or blue cheese, this is the place for you. I grew up 15 miles west of here in Farmington IA.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody want to hit the streets for some action at Davenport? I'll be there!! I'll be sporting an LS1 tech sticker on the back glass of my car, a red 1995 Firebird Ram Air car with TTIIs
Old 05-27-2004, 06:40 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll be there!! got an apoitment to meet up with HOT ROD so they can shoot my truck for a "feature" , anyone want to line em up

Quick Reply: Stop 5. Wednesday June 9 - Davenport, IA