Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Anybody have collectors insurance going on the tour

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anybody have collectors insurance going on the tour

If so, what company do you have, I want to get declared value/collectors insurance on my GTO since it just sits in an offsite garage 99% of the time, but I want something that is flexible enough to go on the powertour with, if possible.

anybody have any reccomendations?

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have Grundy Worldwide on our 70 Camaro which has gone on 4 Power Tours. It has no deductible, unlimited mileage. Never had to use them so can't comment on their service on a claim.

Of course there are stipulations such as: the car must be kept in the garage, cannot be used for work, school, going to the store, things like that. But only used for car shows--to and from--cruises, car-related events etc. So hopefully that includes Power Tour. I've never asked them specifically about that, but like I said we have taken it on 4 PTs.

I checked out several ins cos. before I decided on Grundy mainly bec of the unlimited mileage bec we do go on PT. They had the best price for what we needed. Our is insured to the hilt bec it's a show car as well as a "cruiser"
Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Grundy here too...they cover 3 cars for me. Been on 3 PTs. Never had to use it either. I too have been stupid and have not checked with them specifically to see if the PT was considered OK, but it is a car event so I don't see how they would balk at it. They do specifically say no rallys, but its not like we're taking them on Bull Run.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

Grundy on all my cars, went on the tour in 2009 with one of my 89 TTA's making a detour to Indy and the Corvette museum. With no mileage limitation and the fact that the tour and my side trips were all car related I didnt think twice about the 3300 mile trip
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have American Collectors Ins on my 70. If I remember correctly, they were refered to me from USAA as a preferred collector insurance when I was looking around at my options. Pretty much the standard, agree to drive it leisure only, car show events ok, no racing/timed events and stored in garage when at home. Super fast acceptance and declared value upfront. I did however have to call them during last years Power Tour, I was enroute to IA and alternator went out in the middle of no-where, and ran into an issue of getting very little help from them trying to locate a towing company to assist me (actually they basically provided no assistance other than taking note that I was going to send a bill to them at some point), and the policy is actually set up where you pay full amount out of pocket at the time of towing and send them the bill later to review and decide if and how much they will reimburse. I actually had to call USAA directly to get true roadside assistance to come out to where I was located. It took a few months for a portion of my tow bill reimbursement to show up.

Quick Reply: Anybody have collectors insurance going on the tour