Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

2014 Power Tour (20th Anniversary)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so okc say they got the fastest street cars how many of thems coming on the power tour? let me guess none? with my job i can take off that much and ive only been to 1 of the stops back in 02 or so in columbia sc. im tryn to come to concord this year on fri. and check it out saturday what alls going on in concord are they going to race in concord?
Old 01-29-2014, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nothing really close to Missouri, which sucks.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Launching!

tried finding a schedule of events for concord but no luck any body know whats going on there?
Old 02-01-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too soon for a listing of detailed events... they still need to list the routes!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

I am going to do the WV, OH, and IN stops this year. I Long Hauled in 2009 and have a few friends that are Long Hauling again this year. I should be there with my Camaro, my dad in his LT1 swapped 91 Z28 covertible, and another friend in his 95 385 LT1 Camaro. Should be a great time.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

I'd have a thousand miles home. Idk. Might just do a few of the first ones
Old 02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Launching!

I am a newbie i have never ben part of power tour. What is this long haul everone is talking about?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Thats when you start at the beginning venue and go to each one for the 7 days. Then you are considered a longhauler. They have a special ceremony on the last Sat. just for the long haulers.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Launching!

What type of ceremony do they have for long haulers and is there a prize or trophy?? This will be my first power tour and am trying to decide to do the whole thing or just part of it I live in Green Bay Wisconsin
Old 02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

No trophies but in the past they gave the long haulers some gifts like large metal signs listing all the cities PT went to, carry-all bags, i think before our time I heard they gave coolers, just some things like that. Plus they take a huge picture of all the long haulers together. It's no big deal to me anymore, there are guys who give speeches and thanks to all the sponsors etc etc. But Im glad I got to experience the whole long hauler thing.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Launching!

would u recommend for a newbie to experience the long haul or is it not worth it
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

The experience itself is worth it! We have done 5 long hauls and altho there are pros and cons as far as the waiting, the lines, the traffic etc, its still something we are glad we did. You don't have to attend the Sat. morning ceremony if u don't want to, but its all about the braggin' rights
Old 02-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Teching In

I'm going to try to respond to a couple of these, as I've been on HRPT the past 3 years.
Originally Posted by BigEd_72455
I heard that, I am about 735 miles away if I dip down through Atlanta. Then my return home is 609 miles!! Hell, getting to and from the tour is another tour in itself for me!! Looks like I am gonna need to save up WAY more than I thought...

I would love to make the long haul just to make the long haul, whether or not I win it. Plus have some great photos and videos for others to watch..

I am thinking I will need to get an additional camera if I can make it.

Do the organizers have preferred places to stay along the way that you can get better pricing? Or are the hotel choices completely up to you and your wallet?
You might want to consider just going straight east on I-40 for a shorter trip! It is expensive when you talk gas, hotels and food, plus any extras. The pictures and video are priceless. I got a GoPro, which I had lots of fun with last year. Family Events will help you book rooms, for a surcharge. If you're good at booking your own hotels and shopping price, you can do it yourself, but Family Events does block lots of rooms in the venues that don't have lots of hotels. Go to bangshift.com for some helpful hints.

Originally Posted by RedDeadG8
I might try to make this my first one!! its going to be a lot of miles for me. Is there actual driving or is it just a long traffic jam the whole way?
First thing in the morning and arriving at and leaving the venues, you are sometimes in long lines........but there's lots of actual spirited driving. Side trips are lots of fun.

Originally Posted by RedDeadG8
Alright guys, get on your CB's if you wanna dish this out LOL. I am considering going, think i would just pack what minor extra's I think I would need. How does Hotel arrangements go? does everyone pre-book or play it by ear. Like mentioned above I think I would be one of the first cars to take off in the morning to avoid traffic jams/traffic.
Meeting others, sightseeing and enjoying yourself are necessities!

Originally Posted by 3stgstocker
tried finding a schedule of events for concord but no luck any body know whats going on there?
As stated, there's not a schedule out yet, but I'd bet on drag racing at Z-Max and some possible race shop tours.

Originally Posted by david068513
I'd have a thousand miles home. Idk. Might just do a few of the first ones
You can do it...............I tried that the first year............didn't work so well, I added a leg on so I could take some laps at the Brickyard!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone else making plans for this? Any more news about it, specific events for the venues for instance?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're looking for cheap places to stay, at least at Crown Point, look up US-41 Dragway (don't recall its right name, but google will get you there) and then Willow Slough state park, which has camping. It is 3 miles from the track, and both are about 20 miles south of Crown Point. I suspect some folks will make the side trip to play around.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Tough getting a decent hotel close to Norwalk already. Rooms are going fast unless you want to spend $150.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Nothing really close to Missouri, which sucks.
Last year It was texas to North carolina... not near Michigan, and not near my buddy in Las vegas, but we made it! no excuse! His drive home Sucked...
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

I'm going to the last three stops. I'm getting my 57 belair ready over the next month. It should be a blast.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning to take one of the cars to the Bettendorf stop this year.

I've always signed up as a Long Hauler in the past. (Although, I've yet to complete one. ) The event is not about getting free stuff to me, but I've heard that most of the Vendors don't give anything away to anyone but the Long Haulers. Is it worth paying for a single day pass as part of the Power Tour or should I not waste my money and simply go and enjoy the beautiful cars? What benefit is there to the single day pass?
Old 04-27-2014, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im not a planner......i just get to the venue at end of day get a bite and look up a motel toward the next venue. if u drive out about 20 mile towards the next venue hotel and motel are at regular prices and yes oters on the tour do the same.
come along

Quick Reply: 2014 Power Tour (20th Anniversary)