Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Pump gas drags

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did the baddest *** RX-7 ever do? I heard there was an import car running 8.8's... I bet that was crazy looking.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSINA7
How did the baddest *** RX-7 ever do? I heard there was an import car running 8.8's... I bet that was crazy looking.
i heard it got knocked out first round....
Old 05-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Launching!

yeah hinson cut his arm open bad, so they had to put a different driver in the car. The reaction time of the new driver was horrible and lost all because of the reaction time. his time was about .25 better than the other car and almost reeling him in up top.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
i heard it got knocked out first round....

Thats alright, still ran better times than most of them out there. With a car that wasn't running right.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by O2bqwik
yeah hinson cut his arm open bad, so they had to put a different driver in the car. The reaction time of the new driver was horrible and lost all because of the reaction time. his time was about .25 better than the other car and almost reeling him in up top.

He ran a faster time, but didn't cross the line first... Oh well.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:36 AM
9 Second Club

He ran a faster time, but didn't cross the line first... Oh well.

no need to cry over spilled milk, I mean it wasnt like you didnt shut your car off during the drive to the track along with at least 10 other cars and your car was pushed up to the line when it was suppose to be driven under its own power at all times and you were given all that extra time to report to the line! btw congrats on the 8 second pass but UD LUZE

Last edited by choppin-suey; 05-14-2006 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:05 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIRDONNOS
nice meeting you guys, looks like you had a big crew with ya, nice to see some fast ls1's in the race and way to go on beating the twin turbo car you made a hell of a hole shot. i was wearing the Club120 shirt and talked to a bunch of the guys that were there with you.

nice meeting you, I hope you get your dry shot worked out
Old 05-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by choppin-suey
no need to cry over spilled milk, I mean it wasnt like you didnt shut your car off during the drive to the track along with at least 10 other cars and your car was pushed up to the line when it was suppose to be driven under its own power at all times and you were given all that extra time to report to the line! btw congrats on the 8 second pass but UD LUZE
For one thing its not mine. Another thing know one is crying. It was one of the fastest cars there, if not the fastest. The car was not at its best. The qualifying run was a 8.84 at 134, trapping 128 in the 1/8th. The car had more. But they lost so whoopie. They won the awards for best 60' at 1.29 and most legitimate 8 second street car. Still a good showing. Big props.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Who else was 60 footing good on the drag radials? ATVRacers car was close for the best 60 ft until the RX7 cut a 1.299 on the MTs, we had been putting down consistant 1.32-1.33s.

We brought a knife to a gunfight though, 3700 lbs and no horsepower means Wayne had to Lumberjack some guys!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:07 PM
9 Second Club

For one thing its not mine. Another thing know one is crying. It was one of the fastest cars there, if not the fastest. The car was not at its best. The qualifying run was a 8.84 at 134, trapping 128 in the 1/8th. The car had more. But they lost so whoopie. They won the awards for best 60' at 1.29 and most legitimate 8 second street car. Still a good showing. Big props.
Since I was there and saw the whole thing I think the most legit 8 second car should have went to the wheel to wheel car since he actually made the drive from comp, didnt have to push it up to the starting line and his car had more then 2 seats and 40 bars welded in it. Hot rods "street car" term is loose to say the least but never the less it was an awsome event and I will ost some pics of the mazda cuz it was definately put together very nicely.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by choppin-suey
Since I was there and saw the whole thing I think the most legit 8 second car should have went to the wheel to wheel car since he actually made the drive from comp, didnt have to push it up to the starting line and his car had more then 2 seats and 40 bars welded in it. Hot rods "street car" term is loose to say the least but never the less it was an awsome event and I will ost some pics of the mazda cuz it was definately put together very nicely.

Thats cool man, I wasn't there but know the Mazda well, saw it a couple times and whatnot. The mazda did drive around some, and is should be called the most streetable, not street car, because I don't think any of the cars could be driven around really.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BIRDONNOS
nice meeting you guys, looks like you had a big crew with ya, nice to see some fast ls1's in the race and way to go on beating the twin turbo car you made a hell of a hole shot. i was wearing the Club120 shirt and talked to a bunch of the guys that were there with you.
Yeah I remember seeing those shirts nice meeting you guys as well .
Old 05-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Thats cool man, I wasn't there but know the Mazda well, saw it a couple times and whatnot. The mazda did drive around some, and is should be called the most streetable, not street car, because I don't think any of the cars could be driven around really.
HUH your right to a degree . There I saw alot of RACECARS dumbed down to a street that still had problems driving from tech to the track. I saw aleast 5 that kept cutting off there motors and driving with doors open cause the windows didn't roll down or just plain over heating not to mention cars getting pushed up the lane etc..etc.. I did see a BLUE FIREBIRD with UD LOSE on the MD plates drive from the hotel 22 miles to tech (with CD player playing,full leather interior and carpet) then teched and raced a 8sec car and beat it http://www.team140.com/Hinson.wmv NOTICE the launch please .THEN !!!! drive back to the hotel with cd player playing. WOW . Thats a street car. Your right they need to change the name but again TN streetcars are racecars. It was a nice track and all the poeple there were cool .THE ROOSTER is a funny guy. Cudo's to those that ran you guys do have some very fast cars period hands down. To HOTROD I must say long live the buddy system.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by snakeyz 03
HUH your right to a degree . There I saw alot of RACECARS dumbed down to a street that still had problems driving from tech to the track. I saw aleast 5 that kept cutting off there motors and driving with doors open cause the windows didn't roll down or just plain over heating not to mention cars getting pushed up the lane etc..etc.. I did see a BLUE FIREBIRD with UD LOSE on the MD plates drive from the hotel 22 miles to tech (with CD player playing,full leather interior and carpet) then teched and raced a 8sec car and beat it http://www.team140.com/Hinson.wmv NOTICE the launch please .THEN !!!! drive back to the hotel with cd player playing. WOW . Thats a street car. Your right they need to change the name but again TN streetcars are racecars. It was a nice track and all the poeple there were cool .THE ROOSTER is a funny guy. Cudo's to those that ran you guys do have some very fast cars period hands down. To HOTROD I must say long live the buddy system.

couldnt have said it better myself
Old 05-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

I agree, but that RX-7 is a much faster car, whether or not dude was sleeping! Hot-Rod is calling the shots, and they all met the inspection. It is hard to define a street car, because everybody has there own opinions.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Teching In

I agree, but that RX-7 is a much faster car, whether or not dude was sleeping! Hot-Rod is calling the shots, and they all met the inspection. It is hard to define a street car, because everybody has there own opinions.
HOTROD is calling the shots,photos,races,who gets what and what gets out to the public eye and seen by all who are new and old to racing but they needed to be equal to everyone NOT just to those who were there last year and they probably deal with on a daily bases. I just think consistency makes a good street car and Wayne has one. If you bring your car to a event and you don't meet the rules or are disqualified do to your car not being what it's supposed to be then you should be eliminated not voted back in . If a certain racers who's camp was going by the rules didn't push the issue with HOTROD that vote would of never took place and alot of other cars would of been out as well. I keep hearing about it was a gentlmens race well it takes a gentlmen to bow out because he did not meet the rules that were set before hand. Christ if that was the case alot of us would not wasted alot of the day at tech all those cars could of been driven/trailered to the track not that long drive across town. Yes there were fast cars there no question !!!! and on defination yes but HOTROD had there opinion of a street car but changed it when the RACECARS started breaking down in STREETCAR conditions. The MAZDA was fast no question but in a race you have to have loser and the MAZDA was one. Bigger question if all those cars that BROKE the rules were not racing would it have been a better event and I think thats what came in to play.
Thats why HOTROD let everyone back in the event but it scews the honest guy how came with a honest car to run in what was the thought to be honest by the rules . I hope next year they work a better game plan.
I am just disappointed with HOTROD for my 1000 plus miles traveled and to be honest if this is how they do there events well enough said.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

HOTROD is calling the shots,photos,races,who gets what and what gets out to the public eye and seen by all who are new and old to racing but they needed to be equal to everyone NOT just to those who were there last year and they probably deal with on a daily bases. I just think consistency makes a good street car and Wayne has one. If you bring your car to a event and you don't meet the rules or are disqualified do to your car not being what it's supposed to be then you should be eliminated not voted back in . If a certain racers who's camp was going by the rules didn't push the issue with HOTROD that vote would of never took place and alot of other cars would of been out as well. I keep hearing about it was a gentlmens race well it takes a gentlmen to bow out because he did not meet the rules that were set before hand. Christ if that was the case alot of us would not wasted alot of the day at tech all those cars could of been driven/trailered to the track not that long drive across town. Yes there were fast cars there no question !!!! and on defination yes but HOTROD had there opinion of a street car but changed it when the RACECARS started breaking down in STREETCAR conditions. The MAZDA was fast no question but in a race you have to have loser and the MAZDA was one. Bigger question if all those cars that BROKE the rules were not racing would it have been a better event and I think thats what came in to play.
Thats why HOTROD let everyone back in the event but it scews the honest guy how came with a honest car to run in what was the thought to be honest by the rules . I hope next year they work a better game plan.
I am just disappointed with HOTROD for my 1000 plus miles traveled and to be honest if this is how they do there events well enough said.

SO who broke the rules? I don't get it?
Old 05-14-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice congrats
Old 05-14-2006, 06:29 PM
9 Second Club

SO who broke the rules? I don't get it?

your mazda friend for was one of the many who violated some of the rules such as the car was suppose to be under its own power AT ALL TIMES and that includes pulling up to the staging lanes and he also voilated the the rule that you werent allowed to shut your car off or work on it during the drive from comp cam to the track(30-40 mile drive in traffic) along with many of the other cars but no-one is complaining now nor did complain then because it was suppose to be a "gentlemans race".
Old 05-14-2006, 06:32 PM
9 Second Club

from what I hear hotrod is going to be braking up next years event in classes but who knows? Also the 1000 miles traveled was more like 1800(930 each way)

Quick Reply: Pump gas drags