Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

got lucky at drag week

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default got lucky at drag week

lots of ls1 action to see on kyle site. www.1320video.com

wow. what a week. rain, drive, rain, drive, race, drive in the rain, race, drive in the rain and race again. each night about 4 hours of sleep. the routes were brutal. 1800+ miles and we still need to drive home but not tonight.

monday and tuesday got rained out. wed and thrusday i ran a 11.04x and a 11.02x. there was a 68 camaro and a newer vette that both had averages in the 11.003 range. thats much better than my 11.03. they could run 11.00 and 10.99 over and over. i was anywhere from 10.7 up to 11.3. on friday i needed a 10.936 to get my best posiable average. i made run after run. at least 20 runs, probably more like 30. i watched the camaro and vette running 11.00's over and over and figured i was screwed but kept trying. after about 3 hours of hot laping the truck i got lucky. it ran a 10.937 and gave me a 3 day average of 11.0004. doesn't seem fair that i could get lucky and the other guys were right where they needed to be but thats the rules and i took the 11.0 daily driver win with my 11.0004.

next up was a bracket race between the top 4 11.0 cars and top 4 12.0 cars. i won my first race by the other guy red lighting. the 2nd race was killer, it was me and the newer vette. we both had a 11.00 dial in. i cut a .05 light and he cut a .07 light. we both broke out. he was exactly 1foot behind me, i peadeld it up top to just hold the lead. he ran a 10.902 and i ran a 10.905. he broke out more than me by .003 and lost the race last race was against a 12.00 grandmarkie with a v10 and twins. it was a couple that just got married and the girl was driving. they made it to the final round and the girl red lighted. i won the daily driver bracket race too!!!

they gave me a ton of free stuff. since i got 2 classes i ended up with some double prizes. 2 eaton lockers, 10 gallons of race fuel. a set of mt tires of my choice. at least $500 in gift cirtificates. a jacket. several tshirts and hats. a cool plaque. probably more, i cant even remember it all.

just like last year it was soo much fun. winning makes it even more fun but even without the win it would have still been a blast. all the guys that were rolling in our group were great to hang out with. the other competitors were very cool and fun to hang out with. everyone was helping each other make it to the end and i can't wait to go again next year.

the truck ran GREAT. the only problem all week with the truck was i poped the nitrous fuse. that took about 2 minutes to figure out and fix. i am prety happy with how easy it was to race. about 1 minute to unload the back and it was ready to run. pump gas and stock tires all week.

i had one fluke run, i think the nitrous may not have shut off on time but i really dont know for sure what happend. i had the same settings as the other runs and the data log didn't show anything odd. i ran a 10.48. this is on pump gas and on the stock firestones. thru exhaust too. i will go look for that slip just to try and see what might have happend.

look for me in feb hotrod

Last edited by parish8; 09-15-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Two class wins, that's excellent. Did any other LSX vehicles race?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:05 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Two class wins, that's excellent. Did any other LSX vehicles race?
hmm, just a few

twin turbo ls1 in an rx7 took top et of the week at 8.22. kurt urban took the small block power adder in his sleeper nova with a 402(i think) twin rotax set up. seems like he was in the 9.3's average. there was a direct port nitrous in a fox body but i dont think he made it past the first day. lots of f bodys and lots of vettes. there was a newer vette running mid 9's i think. it had one of chucks(finishlinetrans) 4l60's in it. i am sure i am forgeting a several.

Last edited by parish8; 09-15-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the wins. It was sweet to see your truck in person after seeing it in the mag last year. I was there at Martin Thursday watching you guys run. Sucked that it rained so much. It rained last year so I never even came to the track cuz a guy I work with was there and said they called it off. Your truck has made me want to go find a base regular cab awd truck! Guess I'll stick with the Camaro though.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

congrats
Old 09-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Banned

so you have an eaton locker for sale??? i'll give ya $150 for it!!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the wins Parish. I really wanted to attend this year but my wife had just given birth so it was more important for me to be home.

Maybe I'm out of the loop here but you talked about a nitrous fuse? I thought you had a turbo and then went TT? What am I missing?

Quick Reply: got lucky at drag week