Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

LIVE from Memphis! Pictures from Pump Gas Drags 2008!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of the pictures are up now!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tt69camaro
We just got back from the Pump Gas Drags, we took 2nd place. Our best was 8.56 at 160.56mph. Drag radials, 16psi of boost and 93 octane. Had a great time. Look for Ray Doughty's 70 turbo nova on 1320 video. Thanks Kyle.

man, i am not even a big fan of those novas, but that one was awesome. the paint on that car is slick as hell and all the interior would look stock if he had factoryfront seats........

you have any more info on the motor setup on that car??? i looked it over pretty good at comp cams and seen it was a t4 housing, probally about 76mm or so???? nice car man.......super smooth going down the track
Old 05-16-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being a local and friend within Jim's crew for the T-bird, it was exciting to see him finish buttoning stuff up on Sunday/Monday, test it at GLD on tuesday, and then haul it down for the Drags and take home the win

I would like to personally thank all of you who have supported us in this. Ron from clocksoffracing, it would'nt have been possible without your skills! Cory Peters, who worked with me and sometimes without me until 3am, for believing in me seeing it to the end, we did it! Steve Morris Racing Engines for MORE than delivering on a promise. Metz Performance, Absolutely-The Metz Advantage!! Scaled the car and made subtle adjustments, Over-the-phone chassis changes that worked! Windsor Motorsports,Shane the Tigmaster!!! My Wife Melonie, my son Jimmy, thanks for letting an old man live a dream! Stan Bartol, who built the car originally and truly confirmed the meaning of Craftsmanship, You made it a hell of alot easier to make it a National Champion! Astro Tool and Die, Elmer and Nick who at the drop of a hat custom fabbed brackets, tabs, etc., thanks so much! I am sure in my old age I am forgetting people, please understand it took ALL of you to make it happen.
Now to set the record straight and to get rid of all the BS...
On the 8:31 @ 175 pass (best ET of the event) the car got stupid in the eyes, the 'chute did not make it happen, it made it straighten out. There was a 35 mph crosswind after I passed the grandstands and hit me in the drivers side of the car, I don't know if that cause it or not, it just got stupid. EVERY PASS AFTER THAT I PEDALLED THE CAR TO WIN. There was nothing wrong with the car, except a small oil leak by the external oil pump which caused it to smoke. I did'nt want to use the laundry...not sure at the time what got the car crooked. Listen close to the videos of the final runs, I got out of it after I was out on them, you can her the rpm's drop WAY before the time flashes up.
Lee Saunders with the Viper and his whole crew including his father were great people. In a very friendly way and in no uncertain terms I told Lee that I was there gunnin' for him. I ASKED HIM for an exhibition run with me after he unfortunately red lit against Big Block Shawn in the T/A vs. Viper rerun (timers went haywire). After the final round and struggling with a LR slick going flat, only 8.5 volts left in the battery and a broken oil pressure 45* fitting ready to empty 10 quarts of oil under my tires, we decided that we should run in Orlando later this year to see who has the quickest and fastest pump gas car. His car went 7:99 at 182 with the 'Bird huntin' tune-up in the exhibition run. Great job Lee!!
Here is some facts about OUR tune-up...
8:31 @ 175 with only 24* total timing, a whopping 18lbs of boost @7000rpm, non adjustable rear shocks, single adjustable front struts and just killing timing to get it to hook in less than a week (1:41 60 foot-LAME). You guys do the math...
Think there is some left in the Ol' Henry??!!!
Don't mess with Brew city-
We got your back!!!!!!!!
Dr. Ford and
clocksoffracing.com
Rpm Hp Tq
5000 1124 1181
5500 1311 1252
6000 1451 1270
6500 1643 1328
7000 1723 1293
Dyno'd with VP93 and 18psi

And pics of it during the build

Quick Reply: LIVE from Memphis! Pictures from Pump Gas Drags 2008!