International Members For our members outside of the USA

Damn skinny ass roads.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am pretty sure like Bene said, if your entitled on your orders you should have a 2 month window or something like that to have it shipped. you might have to ask TMO to confirm...
Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bene
I've seen you around, I think it is you... Are you the one in a blue C6??
Yeah, that was me. No longer, though. I'm back in California now. I blew up a pair of T-56's and a differential in England, so the car was off the road often.

Originally Posted by bene
I'm sure you can like buying a new car from the states and ship it here. Your orders says you're entitled to have a car (single) shipped overseas or two cars (if you have dependents) however you have to pay for the extra vehicle as I did.
Truth.

I had been in England for a year and a half before I shipped the Vette in. I PCS'd in without having shipped in a car, to which you're entitled one per set of orders, up to 90 days after PCS'ing in. It's still possible to organize shipping after you've been assigned 90 days, however you'll need squadron commander approval justifying necessity. My commander happened to be a fellow gearhead and quickly notorized my request with TMO. I coordinated a power of attorney through my parents, and they drove the Vette to the port for me, completed the pre-embarkation inspection, and it was on it's way.

Shipping from the west coast took roughly 7 weeks. I'd suggest you ship your car in if you havent yet. The roads are narrow, but otherwise bearable. My C6 is essentially slammed with the coilovers about 3/4 of an inch from full stop, and I can't get the toe of my shoe under the front air dam. I was still able to navigate the area just fine as long as I paid attention.

Quick Reply: Damn skinny ass roads.